jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pray tell? Are you hoping she will? I am. At the very least it could go a little more quickly and we won't have to hear "and hooowww did thaat make you feeeeelll?" a hundred times over.

moo

She can't, the defendant is not her witness, one attorney per witness.

So we get to look forward to: When Mr. Martinez was scrambling your brain... hoooowwww diddd thaaatt make you feeeelllll? :puke:

childhood and a wonky chemistry can create a monster. However even a great childhood and wonky chemistry can create one. Until there is evidence of true abuse I will say she was born that way.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I do believe there are 'bad seeds'. Did anyone ever see 'We Need to Talk about Kevin' or read the book?

boohoo. a wooden spoon. imagine that! abuse. abuse. abuse! And her father's belt never left a welt as bad as that wooden spoon...WTF?

ah, ok.

moo

LOL! Yeah boo hoo.

My daddy beat me to a pulp with his fist and with his thick leather belt and he would use the buckle end and I was a good child but he was a monster as a father. I have never ever harmed another person in my entire 66 years because of it either.

She wasnt abused ..........its just more made up bs.

IMO

The answer in my opinion is that a wooden spoon alone can NOT turn someone into a monster. That's my opinion anyway.

I was beat, clawed and verbally abused by my mother and I have never once wanted to harm, much less murder another human being.

I think Tricia was just trying to get a discussion started.

Tricia seemed to conclude that, born to evil, JA learned to lie to get what she wanted.

Pure wickedness bent on destruction, she was/is.

Now they're talking about how JM doesn't come across as harsh in person as he does on the telly.

Childhood hood trauma can create it. Childhood trauma and wonky chemistry can create it. A great childhood and wonky chemistry can create it. Until I see evidence of abuse I think JA fits in the last one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think she is just a bad seed.

I do believe that happens sometimes. Born without a conscience.

IMO

Remember how angry she got about Ryan B's testimony? You can bet that regardless of it's importance re. her crime that it will be addressed. She just can't let the stoopid details go! "Well, Jodi - Let's talk about your experience with RB...How did it make you feeeeel?" Like a piece of used toilet paper? Why did you get yourself into that circumstance? Because, because, because it was all I knew. My parents hit me with a wooden spoon and after that all I could do was repeatedly find myself with loser men who cheated on me and then after that I found two sucker boyfriends who (I hope are still willing to lie for me) and then and then and then, I just couldn't hang on anymore. And that bad azzed TA, he just threw me over the edge when he figured out how desperate and lonely and man hungry and poor I was and and and , Nurmi please....Stop this now...Please, ask me how I ffeeeelll again!???

She can't, the defendant is not her witness, one attorney per witness.
So we get to look forward to: When Mr. Martinez was scrambling your brain... hoooowwww diddd thaaatt make you feeeelllll? :puke:

Not sure that's entirely true under all circumstances. One attorney usually questions the witness and the other passes notes or whatever, but if an attorney says co-counsel knows a particular area better than he or she does, the court normally allows it. jmo

I don't think it will happen here unless Wilmot does all of the re-direct, but I don't think "she can't".

Tricia seemed to conclude that, born to evil, JA learned to lie to get what she wanted.

Now they're talking about how JM doesn't come across as harsh in person as he does on the telly.

Who is saying that Katie or Beth? I know both of them had said it is very different being in the actual courtroom rather than watching it on tv and Juan commands that courtroom. Beth said in all of her years covering cases Juan's cross was the best and most riveting she has ever seen. Now that says a lot.

IMO

A little out of what we are currently talking about, but do the jurors know that at times that Jodi gained access to Travis' home through the doggy door?

ETA - Is that really true that she did that?

~bbm

I would have to disagree. I was there when he was questioning his OWN witnesses. At that point I'd never seen or heard of him and wasn't predisposed at all. He rubbed me the wrong way even on that day and I posted about it. He came off as a combative, abrasive *advertiser censored**hole imo, and my opinion has only gotten stronger as we've gone along.jmo

This is reading like a crime novel. I'm transcribing, but left off certain things...items are in so you can tell the players.

-------------
Officers began to contact the people involved. These people included the reporting party Michelle Lowery, her boyfriend Dallin Forrest, Marie Hall, (Mimi about to go to Cancun), Enrique Cortez (rented room), Zachary Billings (rented room) and Amanda McBrien (Zachary's girlfriend)

They checked Travis’ bedroom door and found it locked. They were able to find a key to the bedroom door and opened it only to discover what appeared to be blood on the carpet leading into the master bathroom. They also discovered large amounts of dried blood throughout the bathroom floor and walls. After a closer look in the bathroom, they found a body of a deceased male sitting in the shower with the door open. It appeared that the deceased was Travis, so they exited and called the authorities. The other roommate, Enrique Cortez, had been asleep in his room so they informed of the situation and he also exited the house.

Before we could determine what had happened to Travis, the subject on scene had begun to mention the name, Jodi Arias. They told officers that if someone had done harm to Travis, we needed to look at Jodi Arias as an investigative lead. The initial information given to me about this Jodi Arias was that she was Travis’ ex-girlfriend. They had lived together for a while in this house and had just recently broken up. Since the break up, Travis and his knew girlfriend had their tires slashed. Jodi had apparently stolen Travis’ personal journals, had his e-mail passwords and let Travis know she knew about the other girls he was currently dating. They had broken up several months ago and she moved back to California to be with her family. As far as everyone knew she was still in California.

As we waited for other detectives to arrive to assist with the investigation, I received information from Travis friends at the scene, that Jodi Arias had called them and wanted to know what was going on. She had also mentioned she wanted to talk to the investigating officers.

The report states Jody found out about Travis's death by a mutual friend by the name of Dan Freeman. Dan had called her late on the night of the 9th told Jody what was going on.

Just got off the radio with Tricia...I nearly missed it as I messed up the time zone! Thanks for the comments/call ins people! :rocker:

Who is saying that Katie or Beth? I know both of them had said it is very different being in the actual courtroom rather than watching it on tv and Juan commands that courtroom. Beth said in all of her years covering cases Juan's cross was the best and most riveting she has ever seen. Now that says a lot.

IMO

Katie made the observation.

She also talked about how she'd been sitting with TA's family and has offered to help them, including with the victim impact statement.

I don't get the pictures either. Never will know what that was about. Did he know? Did he not know?

One thing though. No way that was some artistic plan of hers because except for the one of his face, they're total garbage as photographs.

Do you think she would know the difference??

Travis having "gone to the bishop" casts a whole new light on the above. Once a sexually active single Mormon has "gone to the bishop," a whole process of repentence is started up. He has to name the partner and that partner's bishop is informed that an affair has been transpiring. The partner is called into their bishop's office.

The reporting person is considered the more righteous. Women are considered less culpable than men. A man who is reported for sexual misconduct (by neighbors, friends, etc) may be either disfellowshipped or sent up the ladder of authority to the stake level for an excommunication trial, which is called a "Court of Love." It looks just like an inquisition with 15 or so chairs in a half circle around the single chair of the accused in the
center. It is not really a trial (no witnesses or facts) just the all-male suits talking and the accused. A person may be excommunicated even if they are repentent and promise to drop the person.

At some point after Arias left Mesa, and after the phone sex, Travis went to the bishop, according to Dateline. He would have to go back and confess again if he had sex with Arias after the visit. He was able to avoid losing his membership or undergoing the embarrassment of disfellowship by promising to cut her out of his life completely. He bailed on his plans to see her but did not tell her he had gone to the bishop out of fear of retaliation (he knew who slashed his tires....etc)

I think Jodi found out he had gone to his bishop and began to realize that she had lost all those wonderful friends (actually Travis' friends) in Arizona and now she was going to be facing excommunication herself as the unrepentant person in a fornication case. The actions of those courts are announced in Mormon leadership meetings and become the fodder for gossip. My point: he was taking away her reputation by confessing and naming her.

Nobody takes anything away from Ms. Arias. I believe that's when she began assembling evidence--taped the sex phone call, tried to find anything incriminating and ruin his reputation in return.

If he was going to dump her and take away from her the connection to the Mormon Church and PPL (intertwined), how would she be able to *advertiser censored* jump from man to man posing as a sincere believer/insurance saleswoman?

It was a lot harder from her Yreka bedroom at Grandma's than it was to throw that chum out in the water and sucker in a rich guy at a conference in Las Vegas.

To back up my point-

SHE NEVER WORKED THE PPL, just went to meetings. She made a grand total of $1700 in a year-- and that was with personal help from Travis and weekly inspirational phone calls from Gus.

SHE NEVER LIVED LIKE A MORMON, failing to keep the most basic rules which were promised at baptism. Believe me, as a single bombshell, those rules were laid out to her in fourth grade vocabulary.

SHE NEVER SOLD A PHOTOGRAPH, choosing to "focus" on her interest in taking pictures and turning down a good-paying career as a wedding planner because that did not put her in proximity to rich eligible bachelors, rather put her next to women less pretty (in her view) than she was and they were getting married!

ROAD TRIPS were not vacations and she refused to allow them to be referred to that way. They were her work. Photography was a way to justify the road trips where she leaped from man to man to man, making bank deposits along the way.

SHe thought she had it made in the shade latching onto MOrmonism because it was a way she could APPEAR to be religious or good without being that way. And she could be among a ton of men eager to get married. Which was EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTED It is far more effective for a maneater like Jodi to be Mormon because unlike other religions, it is considered to be unspiritual and slightly weird to be unmarried; therefore, the men are all looking for wives. Also, they are naive.

Utah is the multi-level marketing mecca of the USA. It is also the state with the most white collar affinity crime - Mormons on Mormons. Young men ages 16-24 in Utah have the highest suicide rate in the United States. Utah is the state with the largest *advertiser censored* consumption in the nation. The whole focus on not-masturbating creates tragedies and mental illness for many normal Mormon males. As a single attractive female convert in Mormonism, EVERY SINGLE MAN I dated asked me to marry him-- and quickly too! I soon realized this was not my charms in action, this was a cultural problem.

Against this backdrop crawls forth Jodi Arias. She must have thought she died and went to heaven at her first Mormon-loaded PPL meeting. To hell with you, Daryll, I found some MARRY-MINDED boys and I have what they want.

She saw herself as having something unique to offer--the kinks of the worldly experience with the absolution of baptism and now she's clean, childless and oh-so-available.

Travis' rejection was taking away from her his love and allowing another woman to have what she felt was hers. It was also taking away from her the entire stage of theater on which she was performing so beautifully. She went from bed to bed to bed and in the Prepaid Legal world, she could travel the country that way-- she might never need to work. Imagine how she felt when she acquired a BMW from Travis! She was SET!

Now he was going to not only take away his love, but take her reputation with him, and now she learns he's gone to the bishop. That is the real end of the relationship. The going to the bishop. Her masquerade was definitely over.

I don't believe he had sex with Jodi when she showed up. I think he forbade her to come. I believe she took photos of him staging sex with the kY tubes while he was sleeping and photos of herself.

Well said, all of it. I can tell you've been thinking about this case a lot. Me, too. I am relieved to hear you are still doubting the sex that day. He was blocking her from his life. Travis was mad in that text and I doubt he just let her in again. He had lost all trust in her.

I'm having a difficult time believing she got there in the middle of the night and he let her get into bed with him to sleep. IMO, her premeditated plan has a hidden part to it. Mainly, did Travis even know she was there, and if so, did he let her stay willingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member