jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ma'am it's your fog!

fog.jpg

This is hysterical! Thanks for the laugh!

Not sure that's entirely true under all circumstances. One attorney usually questions the witness and the other passes notes or whatever, but if an attorney says co-counsel knows a particular area better than he or she does, the court normally allows it. jmo

I don't think it will happen here unless Wilmot does all of the re-direct, but I don't think "she can't".

It is typically the rule that only one attorney can question a witness, and they cannot tag team. The attorneys know this and prepare accordingly. You will also notice that only Nurmi objects to questions asked of Jodi, and Wilmott objected when it was her witness.

Hi everyone, I'm a looong-time lurker but first time poster. :seeya:

I know a lot of people keep questioning what made Jodi snap and kill Travis. I have a little different explanation of her motivation based on being raised by a mother with "cluster B" personality disorders (mostly borderline but could be classified under almost all of them).

Jodi and my mother are very, very similar. So similar it's scary; however, my mother never killed anyone. But, my mother was hyper sexual (with men and women), displayed stalker tendencies (spying on people, listening in on conversations, steaming open her boyfriend's mail), would become "obsessed" with certain people to the point of having no other friends, did crazy things to people she perceived wronged her (tire slashing, nails under tires, sugar in gas tanks, faked suicide attempts) and lived only in her own "truth". Yet, people who only saw my mother in social situations (like at work) thought she was very nice.

So how does this tie in with Jodi? In my opinion, Jodi killed Travis because he questioned and threatened her "truth". The texts from him to Jodi show he had started to figure out who she really was. The fact that he shared this knowledge with her was probably enough to start planning how to get rid of him. In my experience, things like jealousy or betrayal don't have the same effect on cluster B disordered people. Things that trigger them make no sense to those of us who aren't disordered.

If Jodi is anything like my mother, her "truth" is the world that she creates in her mind and that she chooses to live in. Any questioning of her "truth" was completely unacceptable. Any time I questioned my mother's truth, she became physically violent with me while telling me how it was all my fault she had to hit me.

My mother used to tell us constantly that she was only being honest when she saw situations completely different than everyone else. I'm sure Jodi did the same to Travis. Being around these people for any length of time does make you begin to think that you are crazy.

My heart breaks for Travis' family and for Travis and the hell that Jodi put him through. I hope this post makes sense...it's not something I speak of often.

Yea! I was a caller on Tricia's Tru Crime tonight. KatieCoolady was great! Beth Karras was great. It's so great there's a radio show for for this trial. What a great show tonight!

I know a lot of people keep questioning what made Jodi snap and kill Travis. I have a little different explanation of her motivation based on being raised by a mother with "cluster B" personality disorders (mostly borderline but could be classified under almost all of them).

Jodi and my mother are very, very similar. So similar it's scary; however, my mother never killed anyone. But, my mother was hyper sexual (with men and women), displayed stalker tendencies (spying on people, listening in on conversations, steaming open her boyfriend's mail), would become "obsessed" with certain people to the point of having no other friends, did crazy things to people she perceived wronged her (tire slashing, nails under tires, sugar in gas tanks, faked suicide attempts) and lived only in her own "truth". Yet, people who only saw my mother in social situations (like at work) thought she was very nice.

So how does this tie in with Jodi? In my opinion, Jodi killed Travis because he questioned and threatened her "truth". The texts from him to Jodi show he had started to figure out who she really was. The fact that he shared this knowledge with her was probably enough to start planning how to get rid of him. In my experience, things like jealousy or betrayal don't have the same effect on cluster B disordered people. Things that trigger them make no sense to those of us who aren't disordered.

If Jodi is anything like my mother, her "truth" is the world that she creates in her mind and that she chooses to live in. Any questioning of her "truth" was completely unacceptable. Any time I questioned my mother's truth, she became physically violent with me while telling me how it was all my fault she had to hit me.

My mother used to tell us constantly that she was only being honest when she saw situations completely different than everyone else. I'm sure Jodi did the same to Travis. Being around these people for any length of time does make you begin to think that you are crazy.

My heart breaks for Travis' family and for Travis and the hell that Jodi put him through. I hope this post makes sense...it's not something I speak of often.

welcome and thank you for sharing your experience! It could not have been easy.

It is typically the rule that only one attorney can question a witness, and they cannot tag team. The attorneys know this and prepare accordingly. You will also notice that only Nurmi objects to questions asked of Jodi, and Wilmott objected when it was her witness.

I'm not saying they can go back and forth willy nilly during the examination of a single witness but, for example, I don't see the court saying that Wilmot could NOT do re-direct. It's unlikely that she would, but I don't think the court would preclude it. Do you disagree?

Yea! I was a caller on Tricia's Tru Crime tonight. KatieCoolady was great! Beth Karras was great. It's so great there's a radio show for for this trial. What a great show tonight!

Quoting myself! Am I allowed to use "great" SIX times in a single paragraph?

Why are ja's arm aiming backward in her linebacker poise...a linebacker would be lunging with his arms outstretch in front of him to catch his opponent.

Looked more so like she was demonstrating a lazy butterfly stroke.

Thank you so much for your insights and your personal knowledge of this type of personality.

I agree with you -- it wasn't jealousy, because she thought she'd still have power over him even if he was dating other girls. It was being exposed when Travis figured out exactly who she was that pushed her to the point of murder.

I think Jodi understood that she was obsessed with Travis, and I think Jodi understood that she was out of control and didn't like it, but still could not reign in her obsession. As she felt her power over Travis slipping away, helpless to do anything to stop it, she engaged in even more dysfunctional behaviors in a desperate attempt to regain control. Having some distance from her, Travis began to see her for who she really was and told her exactly what he thought - he shattered the reality that Jodi had constructed for herself, and Jodi could not tolerate it.

BBM

First of all, loved your post. I grew up with an ice-cold, abusive narcissist for a mother, so I am always interested in hearing from folks who have PD parents.

I wonder if you could elaborate more on the paragraph I quoted above. I feel like there is more that I want to hear about that. From what you described, your mother DOES sound VERY similar to Jodi!

I am almost sick with myself that I pray that Oscar Pistorious' story is true. Am I one of the people thinking this is impossible? I was a HUGE fan. I know that this doesn't intertwine, but I just don't get murder. Jodi was desperate, but Oscar? I mean, he had EVERYTHING.

Sorry if this mixes together, but it is one extreme to the other.

I'm not saying they can go back and forth willy nilly during the examination of a single witness but, for example, I don't see the court saying that Wilmot could NOT do re-direct. It's unlikely that she would, but I don't think the court would preclude it. Do you disagree?

I disagree. I think the court would tell the defense team that Nurmi started the examination, and Nurmi must finish it. I do not think the court would allow Wilmott to redirect the witness after Nurmi examined her.

I have social anxiety myself--I just think Jodi didn't based on the fact she would physically hang on Travis when he was addressing a group at his house--while in front of the group, Jodi would suck on his ear, hang physically on him, etc. That is ATTENTION GETTING behavior, IMO. She is really creepy and strange. I think the social quietness was something else.

Ugh, she's so tacky. That had to be so embarrassing for him. I guess it is hard for a chameleon to sit in a room full of people so she resorts to the only thing she knows. Sex.

~bbm

I would have to disagree. I was there when he was questioning his OWN witnesses. At that point I'd never seen or heard of him and wasn't predisposed at all. He rubbed me the wrong way even on that day and I posted about it. He came off as a combative, abrasive *advertiser censored**hole imo, and my opinion has only gotten stronger as we've gone along.jmo

If it comes to having a nice guy attorney who loses cases or an *advertiser censored***ole who wins them, then give me the second every time. I doubt seriously that JM cares one bit how people perceive him. He's there to win cases and not win popularity contests. I think he does a fabulous job and apparently so do his previous juries! That's all that matters. He brings justice for the families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member