jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight I wonder why Travis had never went to visit Jodi on her home turf? Had she possibly been ashamed of her family, her living circumstances? Was she portraying herself as coming from a rich family, makes me wonder. Also, it appears Travis had never met anyone directly tied to Jodi. The sad part is, Travis wouldn't have cared about any of that I don't think.

Does anyone know if the trial will be on HLN tomorrow? If so what time? I'm on the east coast so I'm gonna be joooonsing till 3:00pm unless i can get a live feed online.

12:30 est

In hindsight I wonder why Travis had never went to visit Jodi on her home turf? Had she possibly been ashamed of her family, her living circumstances? Was she portraying herself as coming from a rich family, makes me wonder. Also, it appears Travis had never met anyone directly tied to Jodi. The sad part is, Travis wouldn't have cared about any of that I don't think.

Interesting point. She says he visited her up there, but I don't know if there was evidence of that? Maybe he did and they went on some picture taking trip?

Yes, Nurmi started with direct, but I'm gonna call you out on the court PROHIBITING Wilmot from re-directing. lol. Like I said, I don't think she's going to. But I think the court would allow it. There's really no logical basis not to and I don't know of a rule that precludes it.

Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure specifically provides that only one attorney per side may examine a witness. Not sure if there is a similar rule for criminal trial procedure, but whether there is or not, attorneys know that only one of them will question each witness - and if they wanted to do it differently they would seek permission in advance.

Rule 43(d). Limitation on examination of witness; exception

Only one attorney on each side shall conduct the examination of a witness until such examination is completed, except when the court grants permission for other attorneys to conduct the examination.

She took the stand and was arrogant rude at times and at times refused to answer! From what I've read.
Wow, it sounds a lot like Jodi. She used the bettered wife defense too I believe. That makes sense she would has to testify.

One thing that struck me today as I was watching YouTube of parts that I didn't get to watch was how Jodi responded to an exchange with Nurmi. It was when JM said that if he (Nurmi) has something say, 'im right here! I shouldn't believe Josi had the audacity to look up and say "Wow"! I'm sitting there thinking about how many ways that psycho is off and she has the nerve to act like JM's comment was so worthy of her breaking her courtroom "decorum". Seriously, this reptile makes me nauseous.

I really don't understand why there is any resistance to the idea that they had sex that day. It doesn't make him any less a victim. That he had a sexual weakness for her is well documented and confirmed by his own words on the phone sex tape.

For me it's because it doesn't make sense for him to have willingly had sex with her after the emails he sent her. It's not about his weakness as much as his anger at her.

WagaraTapaTalk

Travis having "gone to the bishop" casts a whole new light on the above. Once a sexually active single Mormon has "gone to the bishop," a whole process of repentence is started up. He has to name the partner and that partner's bishop is informed that an affair has been transpiring. The partner is called into their bishop's office.

The reporting person is considered the more righteous. Women are considered less culpable than men. A man who is reported for sexual misconduct (by neighbors, friends, etc) may be either disfellowshipped or sent up the ladder of authority to the stake level for an excommunication trial, which is called a "Court of Love." It looks just like an inquisition with 15 or so chairs in a half circle around the single chair of the accused in the
center. It is not really a trial (no witnesses or facts) just the all-male suits talking and the accused. A person may be excommunicated even if they are repentent and promise to drop the person.

At some point after Arias left Mesa, and after the phone sex, Travis went to the bishop, according to Dateline. He would have to go back and confess again if he had sex with Arias after the visit. He was able to avoid losing his membership or undergoing the embarrassment of disfellowship by promising to cut her out of his life completely. He bailed on his plans to see her but did not tell her he had gone to the bishop out of fear of retaliation (he knew who slashed his tires....etc)

I think Jodi found out he had gone to his bishop and began to realize that she had lost all those wonderful friends (actually Travis' friends) in Arizona and now she was going to be facing excommunication herself as the unrepentant person in a fornication case. The actions of those courts are announced in Mormon leadership meetings and become the fodder for gossip. My point: he was taking away her reputation by confessing and naming her.

Nobody takes anything away from Ms. Arias. I believe that's when she began assembling evidence--taped the sex phone call, tried to find anything incriminating and ruin his reputation in return.

If he was going to dump her and take away from her the connection to the Mormon Church and PPL (intertwined), how would she be able to *advertiser censored* jump from man to man posing as a sincere believer/insurance saleswoman?

It was a lot harder from her Yreka bedroom at Grandma's than it was to throw that chum out in the water and sucker in a rich guy at a conference in Las Vegas.

To back up my point-

SHE NEVER WORKED THE PPL, just went to meetings. She made a grand total of $1700 in a year-- and that was with personal help from Travis and weekly inspirational phone calls from Gus.

SHE NEVER LIVED LIKE A MORMON, failing to keep the most basic rules which were promised at baptism. Believe me, as a single bombshell, those rules were laid out to her in fourth grade vocabulary.

SHE NEVER SOLD A PHOTOGRAPH, choosing to "focus" on her interest in taking pictures and turning down a good-paying career as a wedding planner because that did not put her in proximity to rich eligible bachelors, rather put her next to women less pretty (in her view) than she was and they were getting married!

ROAD TRIPS were not vacations and she refused to allow them to be referred to that way. They were her work. Photography was a way to justify the road trips where she leaped from man to man to man, making bank deposits along the way.

SHe thought she had it made in the shade latching onto MOrmonism because it was a way she could APPEAR to be religious or good without being that way. And she could be among a ton of men eager to get married. Which was EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTED It is far more effective for a maneater like Jodi to be Mormon because unlike other religions, it is considered to be unspiritual and slightly weird to be unmarried; therefore, the men are all looking for wives. Also, they are naive.

Utah is the multi-level marketing mecca of the USA. It is also the state with the most white collar affinity crime - Mormons on Mormons. Young men ages 16-24 in Utah have the highest suicide rate in the United States. Utah is the state with the largest *advertiser censored* consumption in the nation. The whole focus on not-masturbating creates tragedies and mental illness for many normal Mormon males. As a single attractive female convert in Mormonism, EVERY SINGLE MAN I dated asked me to marry him-- and quickly too! I soon realized this was not my charms in action, this was a cultural problem.

Against this backdrop crawls forth Jodi Arias. She must have thought she died and went to heaven at her first Mormon-loaded PPL meeting. To hell with you, Daryll, I found some MARRY-MINDED boys and I have what they want.

She saw herself as having something unique to offer--the kinks of the worldly experience with the absolution of baptism and now she's clean, childless and oh-so-available.

Travis' rejection was taking away from her his love and allowing another woman to have what she felt was hers. It was also taking away from her the entire stage of theater on which she was performing so beautifully. She went from bed to bed to bed and in the Prepaid Legal world, she could travel the country that way-- she might never need to work. Imagine how she felt when she acquired a BMW from Travis! She was SET!

Now he was going to not only take away his love, but take her reputation with him, and now she learns he's gone to the bishop. That is the real end of the relationship. The going to the bishop. Her masquerade was definitely over.

I don't believe he had sex with Jodi when she showed up. I think he forbade her to come. I believe she took photos of him staging sex with the kY tubes while he was sleeping and photos of herself.

BRAVO to this well-written post anagrammy!!! :seeya:

The only people he could have met who were tied to jodi (other than her family) would've been old boyfriends. Jodi didn't have any women friends I've heard about. That wacko she met in jail doesn't count and neither does the woman who's making the talk show rounds that hasn't been in touch with her for 15 years or something. She just kept a stash of exes tucked away for when she needed money or someone to tell her sob stories to.

I cant listen to the radio right now.

Who is saying that Juan is too mean to Jodi. What do they think she is? Mother Teresa?

He should be harder at times than he has been imo. She is a chilling remorseless cold blooded murderer and should be treated as such.

Are they saying this because she is a female??? (eyeroll) I hope to heck not because honestly Im so sick and tired of hearing that double standard I could spit nails.

IMO

Wow, really. Even Nancy Grace said so, to put it gently, regarding anyone who thinks otherwise, or who is crying and whining and going "whaaa, whaaa, whaaa". In other words, she said that Juan should be harder on JA, that he had been being way too easy on JA. Go Nancy G. !!!

I think you are really on to something. I thought your earlier theory was so provocative, I started thinking about this whole scenario that JAIL (JodiAriasIsLying) created. I wonder if Travis had something on her that SHE did not want known and the only way to ensure that is to kill him. I think she took the nude pics on purpose, deleted them on purpose, never knowing the accidental pics existed. She wanted the camera found as it would expose him in death as a hypocrite and fraud ( in her mind). She would outsmart everyone including the cops and show everyone that their precious TA was not so precious or conversely that she was da bomb. As she is so hyper literal as she claims, she was going to "stab him in the back, kill him and shut him up forever". Since "no jury was going to convict me" was her motto came after her premeditated plan of coverup failed, she was going to skewer him in death as well. Deflection and projection at its finest. Anybody biting???

Why pose for photos you hope no one will ever see? Remember she did NOT want those pictures to survive.

It's nice to see logic hasn't completely disappeared from here. I just can't buy into the "oh, that's just crazy Jodi" reasoning. Just because Jodi did some nonsensical things does mean we should lose our senses as well.

For me it's because it doesn't make sense for him to have willingly had sex with her after the emails he sent her. It's not about his weakness as much as his anger at her.

WagaraTapaTalk

That's because you are thinking of it from a female perspective.

Wow, really. Even Nancy Grace said so, to put it gently, regarding anyone who thinks otherwise, or who is crying and whining and going "whaaa, whaaa, whaaa". In other words, she said that Juan should be harder on JA, that he had been being way too easy on JA. Go Nancy G. !!!

Nancy cracks me up when she does that high pitched "whaa whaa whaa". And she rubs her eyes at the same time with her fist.

WagaraTapaTalk

I thought that there were pictures of them having sex on the camera?

I thought that there were pictures of them having sex on the camera?

Just the still shots on the camera.
Arias CLAIMS they also took a video (on her Olympus camera) of them having sex, but that hasn't come up during the trial. It may just be another "story".

Katiecoolady was wonderful on the radio tonight!

Impressive, well spoken, extremely interesting--I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope it's available to those who missed it on podcast.

Congratulations, KCL, for a job very well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l