jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 13TH DAY #62 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that true? I thought every defendant had a constitutional right to stfu? How can they be forced to testify?

Doesn't sound right to me - I've never heard anything like that from any of our VAs... and the Constitution would have a problem with it. A big one... imv.

Wow. wow. wow. To play that post-mortum voicemail to Travis. Yikes. On par with flowers to mumum. I think he just impeached the fog. ::insert Vinnie Politan eyeroll::

WAIT I'm confused didn't she say she tried to call Brian?? Who is Brian?

Watching dumb HLN hard keep flow with commercials

In Arizona, if you claim self defense, you have to take the stand.

Can a Criminal Defendant be Forced to Testify at Trial?

At trial, the Fifth Amendment gives a criminal defendant the right not to testify. This means that the prosecutor, the judge, and even the defendant's lawyer cannot force the defendant to take the witness stand at trial, if he or she does not want to do so. Furthermore, when a defendant exercises his or her right not to testify, the jury is not permitted to take that refusal into consideration when deciding whether the defendant is guilty of the crime(s) charged.

It is important to note that, once a defendant does take the stand and testify at trial, he or she cannot ordinarily choose to answer some questions but not others. Rather, the defendant's Fifth Amendment privilege is deemed waived through the act of testifying.
- See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...-self-incrimination.html#sthash.R9FYCav3.dpuf

This will rewrite textbooks....moo....law, psychology, forensics, LE......wow.

can anyone site one example in history ever, with a domestic v. survivor/victim, self defense ...

where they ran off, washed the crime scene, brought the gun and knife, called after and left messages.

went to friends, never told anyone a word about it.

um, I can't think of one

What did i miss??? Aaahhhhhhh....

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm disappointed that JM didn't go over each of the stab wounds with her. I wanted him to ask if she remembered every single one.

I did as well, but it would have been beating a dead horse. She will not admit she remembers the stabbing. It would have been her saying "I don't remember" 29 times.

Is that true? I thought every defendant had a constitutional right to stfu? How can they be forced to testify?

I don't think there is any other way to get the self-defense before a jury unless there were witnesses to the incident.

It was her "goal" to be "relieved" of any responsibility for the murder.

Holy h*ll, that fake phone message! Her voice started out a little shaky but then shifts to cutesy-pie Jodi. How can a human be SO COLD?? I'm stunned!

Pointing out that it's to her benefit, to avoid responsibility, for the killing of Travis Alexander...'That was my goal'

Even though she's looking a bit defeated, she is still so calculating in her answers - she never stops being a snake, I don't believe it is possible to break this woman. I may get slapped for this, but I do believe I hate her more than I hate Casey Anthony.

What is she crying for now??? Break a nail, Pull a ligament, Kill someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV