jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #68*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: i believe she's lying and it was premeditated.

But her defense, as the experts emerge, will be that, after she "accidentally" shot him, he threatened to kill her and didn't stop pursuing her. Her last state of mind was therefore one of fear and a desire to defend herself. What followed was beyond her control as she blacked out or went into a sort of psychotic trance. There was never a conscious decision to kill or even harm in.

She never was able to set a pattern of real abuse....so no shock there.
Travis didn't even have a wooden spoon ffs.

I get the blood puddle with the shell casing!

The blood was there, casing plopped right on top later as it flew from the gun near the end of the killing.

Because, if it was on the floor first, and then later the blood from stabbings came as the room, floor and walls were covered in blood and water, the casing is perfectly clean! it can't roll on the floor in any way shape or form and not have gotten dirty all around the casing. Its shining and has no water spot, no hair, no blood.

At the time they came back in the floor was covered in blood, that casing then came from the gun fired "then" and landed splat clean on the puddle (which was coagulated a bit and sticky) and held the casing right on it.

This practically my entire last month:
abc_jodi_arias_jef_130228_ms3_zps36bbf5a9.gif

Just wanted to jump in here and ask a quick question.

Does anyone know when this picture was taken and has either the prosecution or the defense brought up the band-aids on her left fingers? I just noticed it myself today looking through photos.

ariass_zps4d147f56.jpg

By the way, you may see me "Thank" alot but don't post much because you guys say what I feeeeel:great: so no need to post. But I thank you all and enjoy reading what you post so much. So glad to be part of this wonderful group. :rocker:

I haven't seen that pic before. Good catch!

BBM. I'm not a lawyer so I can't answer your questions, but that one statement about JA being the aggressor I certainly agree with. If she had one incident in her life that was legitimately abuse, then I think the DV expert could say she had a flashback. But the worst she's come up with is her mom hitting her with a wooden spoon. I suppose she could argue that she wanted to kill her mom at the time, but she wouldn't look too good.

I sort of think that is where JM was attempting to go- early on in cross examination - but using these "childhood abuse" stories against her. Maybe he will bring this up again, in his closing argument. Remember when JM- said TA accused her of becoming like her mother? If her mom abused her ( true or not), maybe that's what TA meant. JA was becoming like her -also an abuser...emotionally and physically abusing him in addition to combinations of threats, stalking, scams and invasions of privacy. ( to name a few)

From Alyce's website:
"Women may hit their male partners, but infrequently batter them, because battering or abuse includes a pattern of coercion, intimidation and control, which is less frequently present in female-to-male aggression."

Hmmm.....

Utter BS my DH's ex was an abuser .. he has numerous scars from bites and stab wounds. The house has scars too from when she smashed her way through the French doors and tore other doors right off the hinges. He's a biiig brawny guy too, and he wasn't the only one. Men don't like to hit back to defend themselves because they don't want to hit a woman no matter what she does.

Jodi states she was an invitee...that doesn't mean the jury will buy it!! They do have specific jury instructions for self-defense in Arizona. It's not as broad as California.

It doesn't matter if she was originally an invitee or not. Once she attacked him she is no longer considered welcome thus why she is charged with burglary 2 resulting in felony murder.

What time does it start back up?

I am an attorney (not verified but can be). I don't know what AZ law says specifically on putting herself in harms way, I am in California. However, the issue is the degree of force. My understanding is that she didn't have a "duty to retreat" because she was there as an invitee (a legal term that just means she is there with permission). Self Defense is only justified if she used the degree of force commensurate with the threat against her. In other words - you can't shoot someone who is unarmed. She could only bodyslam him. The jury will get an instruction on this. I'll see if I can find the instruction.

Thanks. She did escalate the degree of the argument instead of just leaving the house. She escalated it by introducing a gun. It makes me sick.

Watching the demo of the bodyslam on HLN. It makes everyone realize that Travis would slip on a wet slippery tiled floor if he tried a bodyslam. That's another issue in question. No way do I believe he got out of the shower to bodyslam her.

Believe you me there is going to be a huge legal fight on paper regarding the jury instructions and we should follow this. Defense is going to go for a contorted self defense instruction sometimes referred to as "imperfect self defense" which means the facts don't support self defense in the traditional sense - the perception of a reasonable person. Defense will fight to get slimy wording that the jury has to consider if self defense was warranted looking at the facts and circumstances from a reasonable person who has been hit with a spoon, ect, ect insert all the defense BS.

LOL. Poor defense lawyers. They get ripped apart when defending monsters like JA. I try to remember that they're a vital part of our judicial systems.

Anybody watching HLN? Vinnie and Mike just did a reenactment of the body-slam in the bathroom using a "dummy" Jodi. Hilarious!

Hoped we wouldn't get back to the same old Nurmi, but apparently this defense attorney thinks bad sex is a justified reason to kill a man.

Blame it on the erection that found it's way into the wrong hole in the middle of the night. I mean seriously, we have to keep hearing which hole! Sorry, I'm trying not to be obscene, but there is not much to report from this morning, but more of this sex Jodi kept allowing to happen.

Oh, and Travis was really a wonderful, kind man that always built up Jodi's self esteem. This must be the reason she killed him, huh.

BBM- I was afraid I might have missed something good this morning, but this was the first post I saw when I logged back into WS this afternoon. As far as I'm concerned, you just won the entire internet, lol!:floorlaugh: Y'all are just a mess, I love it!!! :floorlaugh:

So far, there is really no evidence of self defense IMO because Jodi doesn't remember what happened when she killed him so she can't tell us what her state of mind was when she killed him.

But assuming somehow that inferential leap can be made - that Jodi was afraid he was going to kill her after she accidentally shot him in the head (despite Jodi having a gun and knife and Travis being naked with a gunshot to the head), it still blows away her self defense claim because she provoked him into whatever actions she had to defend herself from by shooting him in the head.

Minor 4th, after all the insanity in court, your clarity of mind just made my day. Thank you. :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966