jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Kara's on Dr Drew so I had to watch. I love Beth. Beth said "I have had enough! So imagine how the jurors feel.". Ditto.

I totally agree, except I think that Travis DID care for her in the beginning of their relationship. He did many nice things for her and if he was just using her for sex, I don't think he would have been as caring. I think down the road into their relationship he realized that she was not marriage material, and finally saw that she was crazy and a bit of a stalker, and his feelings about her really changed. However, he was not able to turn off his sexual feelings toward her so he kept sleeping with her. It does appear that for a time they were both sexually obsessed with one another. I think in the end he was really trying hard to let go and get away from her, but before that process could be complete - she murdered him.

There has not been one shred of believable evidence that Travis was ever physically abusive to her. Not one. We only have her word. Yeah, sure...he did not speak to her kindly and was down right mean to her at times...but this was no excuse for her to feel threatened physically. I bet she said some unkind things to him as well, but funny - she never taped those conversations. I think she killed him in a premeditated jealous rage because she realized he was letting go of her. The upcoming trip to Cancun with another woman put her over the edge.

Also, she can say he was a nice guy all she wants, but not once has she seemed remorseful for killing him. Her testimony did not ring true to me for many reasons, but one that stands out is this - I feel like a real victim of violent abuse would be saying something like "I'm sorry I killed him, but I was in fear for my life!" I don't believe we have ever heard her say she was sorry or that she was remorseful for his murder. Instead she is up on that stand day in and day out speaking out both sides of her mouth - trashing him mostly. I chose not to believe her. Nothing about her or what she says rings true.

I agree that Travis initially really liked JA and thought she might be "the one" (per Sky).

But I also think that his friends decided FOR him that JA wasn't suitable and rather than meet with their disapproval and risk both his career and church reputations, he decided to relegate JA to the "down low".

Most women would have told Travis to sod off. But then again, not all. Even if it was hurtful and cruel and in their hearts they knew they shouldn't accept such measly treatment.

Maybe the pain and shame and anger at both Travis and herself made her snap. IDK. Maybe not.

But I do think that Travis was under immense pressure to marry someone NOT Jodi and I also think he HAD to have liked her for more than just sex right up until the end. It's the ONLY reason I can fathom his continuation of the "relationship" when he had so much to lose because of it.

Sadly, he had NO idea. :(

You DID!!! That man needs to be locked up somewhere, too!

It's a shame we can't protect people from themselves. I'd like to think somebody would stop me before I went on national television. But it's a free country. . . .

She IS purposefully saying some things. I am an expert, and I hear words and phrases that the the DV expert will be offering. Not to mention DSMIV points to claim she has PTSD. Clearly Jodi has been coached.

But Jodi is NOT a victim of domestic violence. She is a classic stalker, and Travis IS the victim. Much of what he did shows me he was desperate to find a way to be free of her. It is very difficult for any stalking victim to get help from the system - doubly so when the victim is male and the stalker is female because it just doesn't seem possible that a man could be afraid of a woman.

Hopefully the prosecutor has done his homework. If he has and the DV expert includes stalking as being a part of the cycle of violence, then he will be able to elicit testimony regarding behavior patterns and "magical" thinking Jodi has already entered in the record as best describing her.

I thought the exact same thing, about her saying things on purpose, when she was speaking about how she would do things for his attention. It just sounded more like a doctor/psychologist discussing a patient and speaking on why she did things that are out of character to people who aren't abused. Nothing she recounts sounds like something she has lived through, which is why they are working so hard to make Travis sound like the ultimate in perverts because they can't prove that he was abusive in a physical or even emotional way.

This is ALMOST word for word what Carr said:

She's coming up with her own stories right now. There's a thing in the Mormon church that's called blood atonement and when someone sins the Mormons come in there and basically sacrifice them. The Mormons basically believe that this is their way to wash away their sins. I honestly think ?*****? Jodi's own safety. There's proof on the internet, there's proof of what these Mormons do. Jodi is protecting herself and her family. They will go after her family. Her second story is true.
I pray this man never procreates. He is sounding like many of my clients at work. Oy vey.

Trivia Question for the Day

How many times did Jodi have anal sex before she met Travis?

If you know the answer, then you've been punked.:party:

:party::party::party:

Sadly, I think by the time many people are driven to "get that piece of paper" the other person is already so angry, the restraining order just makes them angrier. Or they're nuts to begin with. There are too many people killed by someone who ignored that piece of paper.

My ex violated his restraining order just last night....that piece of paper means very little. Moo. It may help a victim in the future- but usually by then its too late.

(I'm just reading posts tonight....and sending hug vibes to everyone here--all opinions...)

Brian Carr is an imbecile...plain and simple. He is a media w*o*e and enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. He also probably actually thinks that he has a chance to sleep with Jodi when this is all said and done. He's a complete waste of air!

I cut off contact 5 years ago. I couldn't take care of 3 small children AND deal with my selfish, crazy mother.

I have a mother who has cost me years of therapy. She is a severe sociopath with many borderline traits. I would need to write a book to explain all the horrors inflicted on my father and myself. I have usually been able to spot these monsters, I've had a lifetime of practice.

And had a lot of time with Webster's Dictionary and a thesaurus in the last 4 and half years in her cell ...

You can tell her "vocabulary" isn't rooted in knowledge outside of a rudimentary reading of Webster's Dictionary and maybe even a thesaurus by the way she uses words. She doesn't use them in the common/appropriate context not only that but there are times she uses them inappropriately. While you can learn words from a dictionary it's a whole different level to be able to use them with accuracy and appropriateness. For some reason I'm blanking right now on examples, but I've found myself noting her inappropriate or odd use of words on several occasions.

I hope JM is good at explaineing "Reasonable Doubt" because I will tell you that many people don't get the concept. They will confuse it with "Beyond the shadow of a doubt". That is exactly what happened in Tampa.

Many people think if they sprout a doubt that's it's reasonable....many times it is not. It is often unreasonable. They don't understand that term and will continue to think, "if I have a doubt I have to acquit." It is my belief that most acquitals come down to this type of tihinking.

".

I agree and as I've said before, the jury instructions aren't much help. Here, for example, is part of the standard CALIFORNIA instruction. (I couldn't find the Arizona equivalent in html format.)

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that leaves you with an
abiding conviction that the charge is true. The evidence need not
eliminate all possible doubt because everything in life is open to
some possible or imaginary doubt.

In deciding whether the People have proved their case beyond a
reasonable doubt, you must impartially compare and consider all
the evidence that was received throughout the entire trial. Unless
the evidence proves the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable
doubt, (he/she/they) (is/are) entitled to an acquittal and you must
find (him/her/them) not guilty.

So in order to define "reasonable doubt", one must first define "abiding conviction". Huh? As I've also said before, I have been in deliberations where an entire day or more was spent on the concept of reasonable doubt.

I have watched every day, yes, Hatfield. I might have missed an hour here or there but followed up at night online and on television.

I respect your opinion...I really do.

I think she lied to cover up what she did. And then she had to keep it up...after all, who would believe her anyway?

Perhaps she is a cold-blooded killer. The post-mortem photos certainly appear to make her that way.

But...what if she is right? What if? And I admit, its almost impossible to prove a negative.

I am just saying....hate me, if you must...if I was a juror, I could not dish out the death penalty. And I believe in it.

Ok, so if you were on the Jury, what you you vote?

Guilty / Death Penalty
Guilty / Life no Parole
Not Guilty

(and forget more witnesses, they can't tell you what you don't already know, what is your gut telling you and do you think, yes, let her out.. or life or death.

This is a Victim friendly site though.. Just an FYI. There are Jodi is Innocent sites...So if Travis' sisters and brothers might peruse this site, I am always conscious of how devastated they might be to see certain things...about their little brother.

so brief summary of myself: i was molested by a family member multiple times for years. i used sex to feel better about myself. i also used sex to measure the love of the men i was sleeping with. i grew up in a very tight southern religious family. i couldnt talk about any real feelings other than i how i felt god felt about them. i married a sociopath who abused me every way possible but physically. ive had one night stands, I've had threesomes, ive also had incredibly healthy relationships too. sexual past is in no way to blame for your future. she choose to drive that far. to continue a relationship with someone she had already gotten away from. i was broke w my first husband and didnt have a way out, once i left, hell or highwater, i wasnt going back. every day she is on the defense stand, i become more offended. because of where i have been.

saying all of that, i cannot relate to JA in any way, shape or form.

Thank you for sharing...amazing story. Hugs to you! You're an inspiration!

Oh brother. Here's one tape edited...here is one tape in full. Jury, which do you prefer?

I'd be insulted...if I was on that jury.

I'm curious what our attorneys have to say. I'm having a hard time figuring out the judge, but then I don't know the law well enough. Why was the DT allowed to replay something they'd already heard?

I just couldn't stomache it today folks. I usually listen in the car though my smartphone, but I found I just couldn't today. I got home and turned it on and then turned it back off. I have never felt so much rage toward another person I don't even know. I hate this woman with a passion. I hope and pray she is put down. Not away but down! :furious:

ITA and I am glad I am not the only one who just couldn't face it today. I missed the morning entirely and only made it 30 minutes into the afternoon before I had to turn it off - I was literally shaking with anger. What really gets me, and what I haven't stopped thinking about all day is that there is a grieving family in that courtroom that is compelled to watch & listen to the Jodi Show for however long she wants it to last. I hope to he!! I'm never tested but if I ever am, I pray I can hold it together with as much grace and dignity as they are displaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcs1317