jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Carr claim he came up with this latest version all by himself or did Jodi help him?

I have a feeling she might have been involved! She is trying to work her magic! Wonder what favors she promised!?! Hehe!

You can tell her "vocabulary" isn't rooted in knowledge outside of a rudimentary reading of Webster's Dictionary and maybe even a thesaurus by the way she uses words. She doesn't use them in the common/appropriate context not only that but there are times she uses them inappropriately. While you can learn words from a dictionary it's a whole different level to be able to use them with accuracy and appropriateness. For some reason I'm blanking right now on examples, but I've found myself noting her inappropriate or odd use of words on several occasions.

Her word usages often border on the bizarre. She uses words that are inappropriate for the occasion and they fail to impute the intended meaning. Her speech is laced with malaprops and painful contorted word insertions.

For example, she might say something like:
“In hindsight my intentions go to ameliorate the anguish that I experienced.”

No normal human being under court circumstances would ever blurt out such phrases. She has been called a “motor mouth” which means she is facile with language but her verbal content is often nothing but word stew.
Her language is inauthentic, strained, manufactured, and completely bogus.

so brief summary of myself: i was molested by a family member multiple times for years. i used sex to feel better about myself. i also used sex to measure the love of the men i was sleeping with. i grew up in a very tight southern religious family. i couldnt talk about any real feelings other than i how i felt god felt about them. i married a sociopath who abused me every way possible but physically. ive had one night stands, I've had threesomes, ive also had incredibly healthy relationships too. sexual past is in no way to blame for your future. she choose to drive that far. to continue a relationship with someone she had already gotten away from. i was broke w my first husband and didnt have a way out, once i left, hell or highwater, i wasnt going back. every day she is on the defense stand, i become more offended. because of where i have been.

saying all of that, i cannot relate to JA in any way, shape or form.

Excellent. Post! Thank you!

I know I know...I might get blasted here, but I actually like Jean Casarez. I think she just trys to stay inpartial, but she is not stupid ~ she see's through JA. MOO
i'm a jean casarez fan. i think she's fabulous in what she does. i think she likes to play devils advocate.

And of course being the crack interviewer he is he followed up and asked what the note said...right?

Haha, he has his Drew's jurors on at the end of the show.. so we shall wait to hear.

Remember on direct when she was almost weepy describing the "debasing" way he made her accept oral, perform oral, and participate in anal.

Then on cross said that ALL the sex was enjoyable and mutual. She sounded proud of all the great sex she was having with Travis.

Direct Jodi may have fooled some into thinking she was used. Cross Jodi, on the other hand, wasn't used at all.

I thought the exact same thing, about her saying things on purpose, when she was speaking about how she would do things for his attention. It just sounded more like a doctor/psychologist discussing a patient and speaking on why she did things that are out of character to people who aren't abused. Nothing she recounts sounds like something she has lived through, which is why they are working so hard to make Travis sound like the ultimate in perverts because they can't prove that he was abusive in a physical or even emotional way.
What? You mean like Travis becoming reactive when she exerted signs of independence? ;)

To me it reeks of someone who's done a lot of research into the psychology and patterns of abuse for one reason or another. I might even say something similar myself as a direct result BUT...nope, still not buyin' it. :great:

She's using the common buzzwords, and has pointed to abuse consistent with every single abuse on the Power and Control wheel (which for a short term relationship is very odd in and of itself) but its entirely superficial too. There's no depth, no emotion, and not even any evidence of progression beyond 'victim' to survivor status I would anticipate after a 4 1/2 year hiatus from supposed abuse.

I am thinking it's another example of the vast CH-asm between the sexes; most women I know, myself included, find that sexual attraction is the first thing to go when they begin to take leave of the relationship as a whole.

Jumping off your post, though, OBE;

The thought of having sex with someone whom I found repulsive is, well, repulsive. But I am sensing more and more that for men (generally speaking), they can still get their freak on with a woman they find heinous.

I really don't know. But I do think that Travis was still greatly pressured by his friends to not see Jodi. I don't think breaking up with her was a choice he made by himself. Which is why he hid his continued sexual relationship with her.

I think if you REALLY want to dump a girl, you stop schtupping her. Travis was very motivated and strong willed in every other aspect of his life. I just don't buy that because of his "maleness", he was some instinctual beast incapable of using the cautious good judgement we expect from women.

Buying in to that theory would also mean that a man is less culpable for marital infidelity than is his wife. Because, gee, men will just take free sex if it's offered. But a woman who does it is a faithless *advertiser censored*.

I find that offensive to both men and women.

Yes, Frayed, Yes.....Yes...

That's basically what I needed to say...
Yes....

Well at least he taught her what a cream pie was....

I don't think we know who taught whom what.

Travis did say in the phone sex call that Arias recorded on the sly that he had never even masturbated much until he met her.

I agree they were both sexually involved with that being said:twocents:

No proof that Jodi wrote it. No proof that Jodi slashed the tires when Travis was with Lisa either.
Any proof that the diary excerpts today were legit? I stopped watching mid-day by the nausea I felt...

Am I the only one who believes Jodi cut her right index finger ON PURPOSE on May 31 and took that "trophy picture?" As a former HR Manager at a hotel with two restaurants and a banquet hall, we took our own photos in Worker's Comp cases and I wrote the reports in cases. Servers with injuries like that were taken care of promptly with the right bandages or sent to our physician for stitches. FOR FREE!

This could ACTUALLY work to the prosecution's advantage as even more proof of premeditation - this time, WITH THE KNIFE!

:twocents:

To me, it sounds like a sociopath saying what she has to say to keep her out of the death chamber. Again, it's the words. The words sound like an abuse victim, but that is because she has learned and practiced what she has to say to sound like an abuse victim. I'm not buying it.

I agree completely, she is a seasoned liar, and has had years to read up on abuse victims. She molds herself into whatever shape she needs to be. In this case, she has nothing more to feed the jury than morsels. I do not believe a word of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayabusa1300