jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you think Jodi will be doing re direct?

What if Jodi is right? What if the truth is that she had to defend herself?

In response to the above, Arias' behavior has not shown a remorseful person. A person so "torn" up with grief living with the truth that they are capable of slashing another human being. Guilty for taking another human life.

Jodi Arias comes across as having enjoyed all of the attention - telling her stories. Even as she sits giving testimony - Arias seems satisfied.

Arias behavior on trial makes it seem as though Arias does not want sympathy - instead, Arias comes across as wanting to 'control' and 'manipulate' everyone in the courtroom including the jurors. Arias lack of remorse, and, understanding comes across when she states such things such as 'I have difficulty remembering / answering questions when men like JM are being hostile towards me.'

Arias implying that JM is abusing her similar to Travis is ridiculous. If Arias had remorse / understanding she would be aware that JM is doing his job - Arias would respect the court by answering the questions appropriately. During Arias videotaped interrogation she presents shaving, and, showering pictures as happening the same day that she murdered Travis Alexander. While being interrogated - it is reasonable to assume that the reason Arias is presenting the shaving, and, showing pictures happening the day that she murdered Travis is because at the time of her interrogation - Arias wasn't telling the truth - Arias was setting up the, "my family isn't safe, I'm not safe, it would be best for everyone if I took the rap, two intruders murdered Travis."

Arias is being interrogated - she states that she is going to tell the truth, and, that it is okay if Flores does not believe her. Arias mentions that she has seen the Sopranos ("throwing" out that Travis murder is mob related) - and then she tells Flores the story of how two people murdered Travis, and, attacked her. Arias tells Flores that Travis hates the picture of him in the shower, she doesn't know why, and that she likes the picture. We know that this picture was taken right before Arias murdered Travis - it is beyond horrible that Arias would indicate Travis' dislike of the picture taken before she started butchering him. Is it even possible that Travis saw this picture? Arias knew that she was lying - and she knew that she was giving Flores a story sprinkled with some truths (the shaving pictures).

During the trial, instead of recognizing her knowing deceit - Arias behaves coy attempting to prove her superiority in control and manipulation by answering JM in circles. Arias pretends to continues to 'try' to overcome the abuse she is receiving from JM and answer the questions -- Arias keeps stating that the shaving pictures happened on another day. Arias knows this is not the point - as the videotaped interrogation has been played showing her indicating to Flores that the shaving / shower pictures happened the same day that Travis was murdered by two Soprano like hit people and to protect her family it is best that she take the rap.

Arias' apparent delight with this attention - the ability to write Travis Alexander's family knowing that she was the murderer - the lack of remorse she shows for her actions that caused Travis Alexander's murder - are some of the many things about Arias that makes her truly frightening.

I am curious now. Wasn't there a link somewhere showing that he had been a frequent visitor of hers in jail?

Was there proof or was he lying about that?

ETA:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/jodi-arias-bryan-carr-_n_2638808.html

Did Huffington ever check out his claims that he was a frequent visitor of hers?

I'm actually not sure if they did, but don't get too confused when a psychopath has one friend announcing one thing and another announcing another. That's perfectly normal in psychopath world! Oh, I've so been there.

It is maddening, but don't sweat it. Just repeat: JA is lying. JA lies. She manipulates people and situations. She's trying to play puppet master about this dude and also distance herself from him through other people. It's a common trick they pull. If it ever gets dicey, they just throw one or both under the bus.

with juror questions,who reads the out? the person elected the jury foreperson or the judge? kinda stupid question i know :laugh:

BBM
I agree that they haven't proven that she stole her Gpa's gun, beyond a reasonable doubt.

However I do think they have proven two other things, beyond a reasonable doubt. I think they have cast enough doubt on that .25 belonging to Travis, due to the lack of ammo,where it supposedly was, and other things. And I think they proved that she was not able to jump up there and grab a gun as she describes. So I think all of that goes together, to make a reasonable person believe, that she STOLE HER GRANDFATHERS GUN. Jmo

I was thinking along the same lines myself. There's reasonable doubt that Jodi stole the gun, until someone she knows is killed with that type of gun less than a week later -- and she was at this persons house.

I was quite startled when someone posted a picture of a .25. I had no idea it was that small. Not to say that it can't be deadly, and I'd be totally freaked if someone pointed one at me. But it did make me realize that some alleged assassin, be they ninja or otherwise, would be unlikely to use such a gun. Jodi herself says it barely slowed him down.

I wonder how much longer Nurmi plans on keeping her on the stand. It was so bad today that I actually enjoyed my dentist visit more than watching them. I just want to hear the jurors questions.

Ha ha ha- I am a dentist, and I spent most of day, (the truth?, oh, ok, most of the past few weeks) telling my patients about Jodi and Travis and the trial as I worked in their mouths.
(Takes their minds of it. Well, thats what I tell myself!)

I wonder how much longer Nurmi plans on keeping her on the stand. It was so bad today that I actually enjoyed my dentist visit more than watching them. I just want to hear the jurors questions.

I cut my viewing of the nonsense of Nurmi and JA....short yesterday.....it was sooooo boring and non relevant.......

I cut my viewing of the nonsense of Nurmi and JA....short yesterday.....it was sooooo boring and non relevant.......

I did too.. I'm so over JA, her finger,her anal sex, her constant lies. I feel so sorry for the jury and the family having to listen to all that!

Think Ill save myself some anxiety and stop watching at least until JM is back up there.

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Jodi wrote in her journal:

"Douse my mind in some kind of mental roundup, Kill all that is not serving me, eradicate....."

Attachments

• JodiKillall.jpg
    JodiKillall.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 51
I stopped watching yesterday too. If Nurmi said "Let's back up a little" one more time, I was going to throw my shoe at the TV!

She stole her grandfather's gun. The prosecution made that very very clear. If they had concrete proof that she stole it, we wouldn't be here at trial. I think she'd be begging for lwop.

These things convinced me:
- Nothing major was stolen from her grandparents house except that little gun. None of the others not-concealable weapons.
- No one ever saw Travis with that sort of weapon
- No bullets etc found in the house
- Her explanation of how she ran, terrified, into the closet to grab Travis gun, while only supporting herself by using ONE of her foot yet somehow doesn't disturb anything, doesn't make any sense what so ever

I think when you logically look at all the pieces of the puzzle, there's only ONE possible conclusion.

There really aren't that many coincidences in life.

"Douse my mind in mental roundup, Kill all that is not serving me, eradicate....."

Is her journal online somewhere or just pieces of it?

I do think she stole the gun. I don't think the prosecution has proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Although the idea that intent can be formed in a second is bandied about, imo, a jury isn't going to find premeditation without some planning unless they want to. I think they could find premeditation in this case, but it's an equal chance, imo. And if they base premeditation on the "formed in a second" type, they won't vote for DP. Also jmo.

I think it was a post of AZlawyer in the legal thread addressing the lesser included issue. It was today, for sure. I've always thought this was a heat of passion (2nd degree) slam dunk. And I still do. If that's an option, I think the jury might go there. And based on what I read today, it probably will be an option. As I understand it, a lesser included offense is one regardless of what is charged and regardless of what the defense asserted is. If a party requests a "lesser included" charge (or maybe even if they don't, but the judge thinks it's warranted -- azlawyer?) the court can instruct the jury on it and the jury can return a guilty verdict on that basis. I think one of Juan's most famous cases resulted in a second degree conviction even though it was charged as murder one. The defense didn't want to allow the lesser included instruction because they knew the charged case hadn't been proven and the jury would have to acquit. The judge gave the charge over the defense's objection and Juan "won."

From what I know, 29 stab wounds, a shot to the head and cutting his throat is not 2nd degree. Then dragging his body to put in the shower and trying to clean up after yourself to leave no evidence does not sound like 2nd degree either. Add to that there is nothing involving passion in this crime. Jodi will get her revenge until the end of time. Even in death it appears he can't escape from her. jmo

OMG I know what you are saying. Nurmi and those s l o w questions and hypher motormouth with the answers. At one point I felt like putting my hands over my ears and singing
I CAN'T HEAR YOU ANYMORE DOO DAH DOO DAH

"Douse my mind in some kind of mental roundup, Kill all that is not serving me, eradicate....."

i dont understand how this is meant to be helping her?

do you think the jury could see the lines underneath the highlighted portion?

i sure hope jm gets to re cross on this because he will rip her apart on this i think

Even though Nurmi did not discuss this yesterday the jury will get it as an example when they deliberate. Is Nurmi crazy?????? Or does he feel he can easily explain it away. Now I know why JM asked her if she had highlighted the text in the journal. Nurmi did not want her to read that portion by mistake. jmo

I do think she stole the gun. I don't think the prosecution has proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Although the idea that intent can be formed in a second is bandied about, imo, a jury isn't going to find premeditation without some planning unless they want to. I think they could find premeditation in this case, but it's an equal chance, imo. And if they base premeditation on the "formed in a second" type, they won't vote for DP. Also jmo.

I think it was a post of AZlawyer in the legal thread addressing the lesser included issue. It was today, for sure. I've always thought this was a heat of passion (2nd degree) slam dunk. And I still do. If that's an option, I think the jury might go there. And based on what I read today, it probably will be an option. As I understand it, a lesser included offense is one regardless of what is charged and regardless of what the defense asserted is. If a party requests a "lesser included" charge (or maybe even if they don't, but the judge thinks it's warranted -- azlawyer?) the court can instruct the jury on it and the jury can return a guilty verdict on that basis. I think one of Juan's most famous cases resulted in a second degree conviction even though it was charged as murder one. The defense didn't want to allow the lesser included instruction because they knew the charged case hadn't been proven and the jury would have to acquit. The judge gave the charge over the defense's objection and Juan "won."

One of the lawyers wrote that:

There has been no evidence of "crime of passion" in the legal sense.

Proving beyond reasonable doubt is very subjective, but I do think even if you might have a tiny doubt (allowed) about Jodi stealing the gun, logically there really is no other explanation.

Please tell me JM gets to go back at her again today? I don't think I can listen to Nurmi anymore :banghead:

One of the lawyers wrote that:

Proving beyond reasonable doubt is very subjective, but I do think even if you might have a tiny doubt (allowed) about Jodi stealing the gun, logically there really is no other explanation.

I don't think the gun is the real issue for 1st degree. It's the cutting of the throat. That was deliberate and cruel. Along with the 29 stab wounds, 9 of which were his back. That means he was trying to get away from her. There is no passion in that. Minor is correct. Nothing in the legal sense here. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member