jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 14TH DAY #69*may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on the gun,absolutely. I suppose when she went into this she had a knife and the gun, and initially felt she had to dispose of the MURDER weapons. Problem comes in---when story A and B does not work --She can explain where she got the gun--but not where she got the KNIFE. Her story about the convenience of the knife doesn't work because there is no ROPE at the scene. So she has to say she took that also--WHICH DOES NOT IN ANYWAY MAKE SENSE--:waitasec:-Thus there was NO rope and she brought the knife. If there actually was a rope, and she took it with her----so much for her Mensa Membership.

The rope is as believable as the ninjas that came visiting. :floorlaugh:

I agree, the rope was a figment to provide an explanation for the knife, nothing more. It was a knife she brought with and used when Travis refused to change his plans to include her in the trip to Cancun. Jealous stalkers are never a good thing. :)

I can understand what you say about understanding her doing things thinking if she does this or that for a man/boy then he will want or better need her. What makes me curious though is the (sorry) anal sex she seemed to engage in with seemingly every man in her life. I had my fair share of lovers over the course of my life and only one asked for anal sex. Am I the only one who finds having anal sex in every relationship she's had as odd.:twocents:

I don't find it odd actually. Maybe she just enjoys anal sex a lot and she's the one asking for it all the time?

HUGE 2nd! I had to turn it off yesterday. Enough is enough! We all know that she was a willing participant in their sexcapades. Wonder if everyone in the jury goes straight home and takes a hot shower? :floorlaugh:

I am there with you! Since it seems the defense likes to read and get ideas online, maybe we should say, "Hey, Nurmi! Move on! You are losing your jury - no one is listening any more!!" :)

Her picture is on her website:

http://www.alycelaviolette.com/

Thanks, Softail! From your link:

Alyce-LaViolette.jpg

Alyce LaViolette, M.S., MFCC

Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors
and Perpetrators, Gender Issues, and Expert Witness

I'm not worried about Jodi's DV experts because in order to argue Jodi was abused & killed Travis as a result, she has to present a battered woman expert. That case here in Texas of the wife who tied her husband up to the bed and stabbed him almost 150 times did NOT present this type of expert in her first trial, and her new lawyers were discussing that this was due to ineffective counsel.

Maybe an AZ lawyer can weigh in?

Please please let Juan get another crack at JA since there was new evidence yesterday.

--I want him to ask her if she reported her work related cut to her supervisor and/or filled out a workplace injury form.
--I want him to ask to see an x-ray...since she has accused Travis of breaking it why can't she show us an x-ray now? She's no longer protecting him. *barf*

I can understand what you say about understanding her doing things thinking if she does this or that for a man/boy then he will want or better need her. What makes me curious though is the (sorry) anal sex she seemed to engage in with seemingly every man in her life. I had my fair share of lovers over the course of my life and only one asked for anal sex. Am I the only one who finds having anal sex in every relationship she's had as odd.:twocents:

Some women like anal sex. With JA having had anal sex with every man she has been with, that we know of, it shows she must enjoy it. Especially when you look at her relationship with DB. The impression I got is that he really didn't care for the anal sex. jmo

Thanks, Softail! From your link:

Alyce-LaViolette.jpg

Alyce LaViolette, M.S., MFCC

Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors
and Perpetrators, Gender Issues, and Expert Witness

If you Google her name in YouTube you can watch her at some speaking engagements.

Can anyone answer this for me,

She ripped out the negative pages in her journal. Where were they kept? Did she rip them out and then fold them up and keep them in the journal?
Whats the story?

Please please let Juan get another crack at JA since there was new evidence yesterday.

--I want him to ask her if she reported her work related cut to her supervisor and/or filled out a workplace injury form.
--I want him to ask to see an x-ray...since she has accused Travis of breaking it why can't she show us an x-ray now? She's no longer protecting him. *barf*

IIRC, she said she didn't have insurance, and didn't seek medical attention. :rolleyes: How convenient!

Do we know whether or not Dr. Alyce actually diagnosed/evaluated Jodi?

Last night I watched the part in yesterdays Jodi testimony the part where the defence lady Wilmont went up to the front and they had Jodi put her arm around her shoulder.You can plainly see that Wilmont does not like having Jodie's arm on her shoulder.It probably creeps Wilmont out knowing this is the arm that brutaly murderd Travis. The defense is grasping at straws as their case is weak.

I just hope there is no one on the jury that is buying the defence story and true justice will prevail.

OK, so I watched the part where Juan Martinez is questioning evilsnake JA, I saw her move her eyes, not her head just her eyes to Nurmi, and then he objected, and then side bar, and then Juan Martinez was no longer asking questions. Does anyone know what the objection was for?

i had to back away from this whole thing yesterday, which i figured i would. i don't do well with the level of frustration and yes, anger, i felt over the machinations of the defense. i wonder what fake rabbit he'll pull out of the hat today?

anyway, since i understand the judge has discretion over whether JM can re-cross on this new 'evidence', i won't be surprised if she doesn't allow it. i've watched a lot of trials, and i've never seen one where IMO, the judge is so intimidated by the defense, and has allowed so much very suspect material to come in as so-called evidence.

SO, if she doesn't allow JM to question her on these torn-out journal pages, i guess he'll have to do it in his rebuttal case.

maybe he's scoring points. i don't know. but my opinion is nurmi needs to get her off the stand today----i think everyone has 'arias fatigue'.

oh i know thats what you meant,i didnt meant it to come across i was disagreeing or whatever.

feel like i'm banging my head against a wall trying to work out what exactly the defence think they are achieving here :banghead:

:seeya: Good Morning,

BBM: The defense "may think" they are achieving something, but IMO, the defense is achieving nothing ... absolutely zilch !

And if they think they are achieving "sympathy" for JA, they are NOT, imo ... we have seen what -- 3 or 4 different personalities and demeanors of JA on that stand, including the REAL Jodi Arias when Mr. Martinez was cross-examining her -- which was really scary, IMO, those "looks" she gave Mr. M gave me the willies !

The longer they keep her up there, the longer she LIES and the more absurd her LIES ... IF they think they can do "damage control" about these LIES, they can't because JA can't keep track of her lies and she continues to talk way too much ...

The defense has gone beyond the absurd in this case -- especially when they re-played that phone sex tape again yesterday ... I felt so sorry for Travis' Family having to endure listening to that BS again !

In short, I don't see anything the Defense can do for JA because they have to know this was pre-meditated murder and it was clearly PROVEN by Mr. M ... This "abuse" defense has turned into "a sexual abuse defense" -- and it has been proven there was NO abuse by Travis and JA was the "sexual aggressor" !

I know the defense has to "represent" their client -- and I understand this is a DP case ... BUT ...

Everything the defense has tried IMO has been an "epic fail" ... they need to "hang it up" now and quit wasting time ...

Have a nice day everyone ... check in with y'all later !

:seeya:

I apologize. I believe I read it on one of the news sites in the comments, I should know better than to believe it since it was just the comment section lol Someone had said that she was in the gallery at one point and she was there often. Sorry for the confusion.

I dont know if she has been in the courtroom or not but it is rather common that experts will be in the gallery listening to certain testimony. They usually do it though if the state put an expert up first. I have seen defense pathologists sitting in court taking notes when a ME testifies for the state.

But it seems in Arizona if one is going to be a witness in the trial they are not allowed to remain in the courtroom.

I dont think the defense expert would be in the gallery though when JA is testifying since she has already spoken with her personally and came to her opinion beforehand.

When Juan calls his DV expert in rebuttal the Judge may allow the defense expert to remain in the courtroom in case she also allows the defense a rebuttal case.

Do we know whether or not Dr. Alyce actually diagnosed/evaluated Jodi?

that is a very good question! Have any of the experts actually evaluated Jodi or will they just be talking in generalizations? Does anyone know what experts (other than AL) that will be testifying?

BBM -

That would be me ... here's the original post and I'm surprised that JM did not go over the trip, leg by leg.

1. Redding CA to Lodi CA - 198 miles
2. Lodi CA to Monterey CA - 158 miles
3. Monterey CA to Salinas CA - 18 miles
4. Salinas CA to Pasadena CA - 304 miles
5. Pasadena CA to Mesa AZ - 387 miles
6. Mesa AZ to West Jordan UT via Hoover Dam & Las Vegas - 714 miles
7. West Jordan UT to Winnemucca NV - 362 miles
8. Winnemucca NV to Sparks NV - 163 miles
9. Sparks NV to Redding CA (long way) - 237 miles

For a grand total of 2541 miles .... when Arias returned the rental car, the mileage driven was 2843 miles ( a difference of almost 300 miles).

If I give her a fudge factor of 50 miles for driving around Monterey, Pasadena, and West Jordan UT, that still leaves about 250 miles unaccounted for.

The only logical place I have her using those extra miles would be the leg between Mesa and West Jordan after the killing ... but that's a lot of extra miles.

Is my math wrong ? Or maybe there was some truth to the story Arias told in the voicemail to Travis late on 6/4/08 that she had driven ~100 miles out of the way and was close to New Mexico ? That would mean she was nowhere near the Hoover Dam.

Interesting!

What places are mentioned in the 1000 places to visit book that are between Mesa and West Jordan?

She did mention Lake Powell ... IIRC she said she didn't go there ... wonder it there's a chance she did and that's where she disposed of the knife and gun?

Any religious sites in the 1000 places book or special Mormon sites between Mesa and West Jordan that might fit the bill?

Just trying to think in the way of Jodi's "symbology" brain. :crazy:

Juan's calling a DV expert in rebuttal? Awesome. Do we have a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV