jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 15TH DAY #70*may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How disturbing is it that she said her dad sits with a loaded gun and silencer while getting dialysis?

While Nurmi blah blah blahs on and on...

Sleeping-Jurors-at-O-J-Simpson-Trial-Pictures-93362.asp

I did some research on .25 caliber guns about a week ago. And from what I found the smaller caliber guns like the .25 calibers cause a lot of tissue damage because they don't normally shoot clean through. As we saw happen with Travis. They move around the tissue and organs but don't normally exit the body. They can cause a lot of damage even though they are smaller.

I don't own a gun, I would never allow one in my house which is why I wanted to do a little bit of research on them. But perhaps others who are more familiar with guns can also weigh in on this.

Also of note she wanted a smaller gun so it would be easily concealed. So of course she may not have wanted to use any of the other guns, if they even do exist, because they weren't as small as the one she ultimately used.

As a woman, this seemed like a good weapon for a female, but after my husband & my dad (both military-dad VERY into targetshooting) adamantly said NO .25cal GUNS!! Hubs bought one for his elderly mother--it was too hard to *advertiser censored*-she couldn't do it. That type of weopon also JAMS very easily. But their final argument to me was that a .25 is comparable to "throwing" a bullet with your hand. They don't have the force to go thru bone.

I realize they must be exaggerating to some degree but if for protection--.25 gun won't stop intruder & will likely jam for next shot.

Aw, I do miss that area though - I grew up in Long Beach and lived there 35 years. I did the whole commute thing and it's awful, it will make the most even tempered, nice person turn into someone with road rage. Even though you deal with it daily, it's still stressful and frustrating, there is always some a-hole that ruins your whole morning.

Up here in the PNW the traffic can be horrible too, but people are in general way more polite and actually let you merge when you need to! Makes a big difference.

Agreed Southern Californian traffic is NOT for the faint of heart, especially in LA.

I always complained about California traffic until I went on a trip to India. I'll never complain of it again. Until you have to share a road with a camel, a elephant, other cars and rickshaws you don't know TRUE traffic.

Now I'll take California traffic everyday and twice on Sundays as long as I don't have to deal with the mess that is India.

I thought the same thing last night after seeing the crime scene with Travis's body still there and also the autopsy photos. i would have already jumped the fence I'm afraid. Think I would have gone after Nurmi once jumping the fence. Jodi is way too dangerous despite her size. :what:

Well, without a knife or a gun, I'm pretty sure Travis's brother would come out on top of that exchange.

Maybe he lurks on here. If so, I will post whatever bail and pay whatever penalties he incurs as a result of that awesome action. We have enough attorneys on here to represent him pro bono too.

Together...we can make this happen!

Did Jodi really call the prosecutor Juan?

I was just thinking this morning how disrespectful Jodi comes across. I always prepare my clients in advance of their testimony with a few pointers that should always be followed:

Always address the judge as "yes ma'am or yes sir"

Always refer to opposing counsel as Mr. Or Ms. _______

Always address counsel (including opposing counsel) with "yes ma'am" or "yes sir"

Do not interrupt the judge or either attorney

Do not ever argue with the opposing counsel

Do not react with facial expressions, sighs, eyerolls, no matter what

Never use sarcasm

Do not try to couch your answers based on where you guess the opposing counsel is leading you - answer truthfully and wait for redirect to explain your side

Jodi does NONE of these things. Have her lawyers not counseled her on proper decorum?

They could counsel her til they're blue in the face, but have you forgotten who knows best about everything? I'm sure she thinks she's mesmerizing the jury when in fact they're going catatonic. I'm sure she thinks she's got "Juan" sexually fantasizing about her, when really he's just trying to control the nausea. And those DT women, they're planning Jodi's acquittal party. Jodi's planning on inviting TA's family as a gesture of compassion. And the judge, Jodi is convinced she's shopping a book deal based on the case because she finds Jodi so fascinating.

Ah yes, Jodi knows all. No need for anyone to tell her how to act.

I was just thinking this morning how disrespectful Jodi comes across. I always prepare my clients in advance of their testimony with a few pointers that should always be followed:

Always address the judge as "yes ma'am or yes sir"

Always refer to opposing counsel as Mr. Or Ms. _______

Always address counsel (including opposing counsel) with "yes ma'am" or "yes sir"

Do not interrupt the judge or either attorney

Do not ever argue with the opposing counsel

Do not react with facial expressions, sighs, eyerolls, no matter what

Never use sarcasm

Do not try to couch your answers based on where you guess the opposing counsel is leading you - answer truthfully and wait for redirect to explain your side

Jodi does NONE of these things. Have her lawyers not counseled her on proper decorum?

I'm sure they tried talking sense into her, but Jodi wants to run this show just as she wants to run everything. It's Jodi's way or the highway IMO.

Reminds me of how last week the talking heads! We're complaining that martinez was taking to long! Criticizing his ability. Now we have this horrible defense attorney dragging this out!
I've never seen such horrible lawyering!

And that may work to Travis' advantage.

exactly!!!! i thought this same thing. if she could've so easily borrowed a car from all these people, and money was such an issue, why go to all that trouble to drive to redding and rent one? WHY? it made the whole thing sound even fishier to me.

She may have thought it would be a problem if she returned a borrowed car with close to 3,000 extra miles tacked onto the odometer, didn't want to have to answer questions.

I'd like to know how many times she rented a car (and borrowed gas cans, for that matter) for all her prior 'road trips'. Supposedly she took quite a few.

Guessing the answer would be *never* for both.

I think her original plan was to take the body with her in the Rental Car, wrapped in Sheets. And use some of the gas in the cans to burn everything, including Travis in the Desert.

Small problem about the mess and how hard it actually was to move a dead body caused her to go with Plan B. In Shower, run like he**

I think she would have rented an SUV if she planned on taking the body with her.

He did, actually. At one point, he was adding up the gas and extraneous items, and voila, she'd spent $185 of her $200 before she got to Mesa.

I'd like to know if there was any money missing from Travis'.

and what about those bank deposits????? where did that money come from? I don't recall either Nurmi or Juan asking her about that money.

i wonder if nurmi will ask ja about how she leaped up on the shelve that looks to be above 7' to the exact spot where she remembered the gun was. imo he has already asked her questions that do not help her. signing a mem book and sending flowers to ta's grandmother. who on the dt thought these were good points to bring back to the jury's minds? imo he should not have gone there, but i am glad that he did all of this is good for jm. jmo

Umm, yeah, her attorneys don't even practice proper decorum. :twocents:

I am thankful no one has asked her about a brown paper bag 'cause then she would have started with a sapling growing into a full tree and then going into how paper is made. OMG.

If not for the incredibly anguish being intentionally inflicted upon the family of Travis Alexander, this "defense" would be downright comical. I've come to believe that she's also a sadist - I think she's enjoying hurting them.

As bad as it is following this line of garbage "testimony" online or on HLN (can you say: Endless commercials!?), at least we can mute the remote or move the cursor. The poor jury is STUCK THERE, having the listen to the droning and the repeated lies by Arias, Nurmi and company. It must be excruciating for them. Not to mention, for Travis Alexander's family. I can't imagine the horror.

I could never be a juror in a trial like this....my face registers every emotion and my eyes would be popping out, my jaw would be dropping and I'd be jumping around in my chair, yelling out "THE H*LL YOU SAY!" Been called for jury duty a few times but they always passed on me...wonder why. Ha!

well, that was useful.

I learned she could have stolen a gun from anyone but she could only rent a car in Reading.

As for the gas, I plead foggy, your Honor.

How can Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott live with this. To spend 3 years destroying this man's life after he was murdered? Wasn't that enough to do to to an innocent person? To know he lost his life. But to intentionally strategize an entire Trial based on fabricated wild stories that not one human being except a crazed murdered can back up by her outrageous story telling.

Where is the Justice in our World sometimes? There is defending someone to ensure they have a fair trial and then there is attempting to perpetrate a fraud so outlandish that further tortures his family, his friends, his church, his work, his entire life. His grandmother didn't live to see the trial and maybe that's best, it probably would be too much to put her through.

I just need there to be some collapse of the whole Defense side and an end to this freak show.

--------------------------------
June 15, 2008
My dear Travis,
I don't know how I can go on without you.I am so grateful you came to my home when you were 8 years old to live with me.We had many happy times together,you were an easy boy to raise,and a great young man.It was a pleasure to be your grandmother.I will always love you.....Mummum.
~ Norma Sarvey, Riverside, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member