Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever say how you think she got the knife after the gun jammed? Do you think she ran downstairs to get the knife and ran back up to stab him? Do you think there was enough time to do that? Or, do you think that he really was cutting rope in the bathroom?

I think the farthest the knife was away from her was in her purse in the bedroom or closet, she seemed to have been developing a habit of stabbing tires so I don't think it's unlikely she carried a knife with her on occasion.

Here you go! :)

For these reconstructions of the murder photo, I adjusted the position of Jodi's foot to match the tile grout lines and added an image of Travis' on his back. I added your scenario (scenario 1) to compare with the state's scenario that the big foot in the foreground is Jodi's right foot.

I like your scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's left foot), in that it give us something to trigger the camera: either by her right foot kicking it, or her right hand snapping it. When I was drawing this reconstruction, I had a brief chill up my spine that Jodi may have actually deliberately snapped the photo. But if she wanted to take a photo of the murder in progress, it seems she could have had a more direct angle than this rather awkward angle. She may have accidentally snapped the photo with her right hand, but I'm still not there yet that she would be hanging onto that camera while committing a brutal, very physical, unplanned knife murder.

On the other hand, with the state's scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's right foot), there is nothing to trigger the camera. It does appear odd that the camera is just sitting back by itself, watching the murder, and then decides to click off a very damning photo on its own. I do, however, like the positioning of Jodi's feet around Travis' body while she inflicts her mayhem upon him. Reenacting the feet positioning, it looks like a very natural placement for balance and leverage to execute a stabbing upon someone struggling on his back.

What do others think????

Dave
:what: wow, thanks for these, because if that is her RT foot and not her LFT as it looks so plainly to me, I have to turn everything around in my mind.

Do you see in mine with the green lettering, how it looks like she is balancing on her LFT leg and bracing with her LFT foot, heel up, and TA is to her left??? (gosh, sorry I just skimmed, i see now you did confirm my view!!!:blushing::blushing: disregard all that, and THANKS! )

OMG, I am sooo confused now....why do I see it so differently? Maybe I am really dyslexic....:confused:

I think the farthest the knife was away from her was in her purse in the bedroom or closet, she seemed to have been developing a habit of stabbing tires so I don't think it's unlikely she carried a knife with her on occasion.

So the thought is that she brought the knife with her, but her intent was always to use the gun? I think she decided what she wanted to use based upon whatever was going on at the time she finally got to kill him. `

Yes, although to tell you the truth: I don't necessarily believe she had to be feeling the rage at the point of the murder

(and in my theory, she would be stabbing NOT from rage, but from panic: e.g., OMG, shooting him didn't work! He is free and I must finish him off before he runs to the neighbors, omg!) -

I believe she felt very INTENSE rage prior to her plan to kill him (realizing he had used her and was moving on to Mimi and Lisa and other girls who were "wife material")---

I think planning to kill him calmed her. I dont feel she was in rage when she killed him . First calm, then panic.... MOO as they say ;)

That's another scenario.

We'll never know for sure because she sure as hell won't tell us.

So the thought is that she brought the knife with her, but her intent was always to use the gun? I think she decided what she wanted to use based upon whatever was going on at the time she finally got to kill him. `
Possibly. But with my theory as to her being calm (of course only a theory) I don't think she wanted any big deal going on - I think she wanted him dead, and was looking forward to being back in California, and reading it in the papers (it would be her little secret that she now "owned him in eternity". ) MOO:moo:

I also wonder why she would bother getting him in the shower before shooting him. If her intent, all alone, was to use the gun, she could have done that at any time. It wouldn't matter if he was vulnerable, as being naked and in the shower makes a person. She could have done it anytime he wasn't looking.

That's another scenario.

We'll never know for sure because she sure as hell won't tell us.
Nope, she will never give it up. It is a reasonable theory, but that doesn't mean it actually went down that way. I think its likely it did. But nothing is for certain when one is conjecturing..... ;)

I also wonder why she would bother getting him in the shower before shooting him. If her intent, all alone, was to use the gun, she got have done that at any time. It wouldn't matter if he was vulnerable, as being naked and in the shower makes a person. She could have done it anytime he wasn't looking.
Yes. That would be a strike against my theory, although it doesn't actually preclude it:

Maybe she planned to sneak back in with a ski mask on (I always felt the 2 intruder theory was partly true) and ambush him in a "home invasion" (laughing inwardly at his fear at gun point, because she knew it was Jodi and she was about to possess him eternally) and would have shot him anywhere-

but she heard water running so she thought, "Okie, the shower it shall be then."

All good observations.. however, I really can't see any shape of toes in that photo But if you see a big toe where the arrow is... wouldn't that mean this is her left foot/leg?
if so, then how could she be lifting Travis' arm if standing in that position?
if not and is her right foot/leg, it would be her baby toe with arch of foot facing Travis neck area... right?

Sorry if already talked about but have a few questions...

What is the white circle referring to in the foot/leg photo?

That's a circle I put in to highlight the tile marbling that matches a crime scene photo, and orients us as to the position of Travis' body and the direction of the camera. See post #2197 for details!

Dave

Yes. That would be a strike against my theory, although it doesn't actually preclude it:

Maybe she planned to sneak back in with a ski mask on (I always felt the 2 intruder theory was partly true) and ambush him in a "home invasion" (laughing inwardly at his fear at gun point, because she knew it was Jodi and she was about to possess him eternally) and would have shot him anywhere-

but she heard water running so she thought, "Okie, the shower it shall be then."

And she grabbed the camera wearing the ski mask and shot him? :what:

Here you go! :)

For these reconstructions of the murder photo, I adjusted the position of Jodi's foot to match the tile grout lines and added an image of Travis' on his back. I added your scenario (scenario 1) to compare with the state's scenario that the big foot in the foreground is Jodi's right foot.

I like your scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's left foot), in that it give us something to trigger the camera: either by her right foot kicking it, or her right hand snapping it. When I was drawing this reconstruction, I had a brief chill up my spine that Jodi may have actually deliberately snapped the photo. But if she wanted to take a photo of the murder in progress, it seems she could have had a more direct angle than this rather awkward angle. She may have accidentally snapped the photo with her right hand, but I'm still not there yet that she would be hanging onto that camera while committing a brutal, very physical, unplanned knife murder.

On the other hand, with the state's scenario (big foot in foreground is Jodi's right foot), there is nothing to trigger the camera. It does appear odd that the camera is just sitting back by itself, watching the murder, and then decides to click off a very damning photo on its own. I do, however, like the positioning of Jodi's feet around Travis' body while she inflicts her mayhem upon him. Reenacting the feet positioning, it looks like a very natural placement for balance and leverage to execute a stabbing upon someone struggling on his back.

What do others think????

Dave

Wonderful recreations! I have two points though, one, the light seems to be hitting her pant leg coming from overhead and from the left, and the hallway ceiling light is in about the middle, so it seems if her leg is aimed towards the bathroom, what light is hitting her pant leg and creating shadows?

Also I read on another thread here a couple days ago that his camera had an auto function that when you pressed the button it focused and two seconds later it takes the picture (which is probably why the accidental pics have good focus without a flash), so her leg has time to get away from the camera after bumping it before the picture is taken. If the camera was on that setting, does it explain things about other photos (like the ceiling one and how it could be at waist height)? It made my brain hurt to think about it at the time so I just tucked it back into a dark corner until I thought it wouldn't drive me insane figuring that into the equation. lol

Do you see in mine with the green lettering, how it looks like she is balancing on her LFT leg and bracing with her LFT foot, heel up, and TA is to her left??? (gosh, sorry I just skimmed, i see now you did confirm my view!!!:blushing::blushing: disregard all that, and THANKS! )

Cheers! Don't get much more fun than this!!

:toast:

Dave

Wonderful recreations! I have two points though, one, the light seems to be hitting her pant leg coming from overhead and from the left, and the hallway ceiling light is in about the middle, so it seems if her leg is aimed towards the bathroom, what light is hitting her pant leg and creating shadows?

Also I read on another thread here a couple days ago that his camera had an auto function that when you pressed the button it focused and two seconds later it takes the picture (which is probably why the accidental pics have good focus without a flash), so her leg has time to get away from the camera after bumping it before the picture is taken. If the camera was on that setting, does it explain things about other photos (like the ceiling one and how it could be at waist height)? It made my brain hurt to think about it at the time so I just tucked it back into a dark corner until I thought it wouldn't drive me insane figuring that into the equation. lol

Exactly! I am an amateur photographer. All professional grade cameras have this feature. You press it halfway, it focuses, and all the way, it take a picture. If you press it all in one motion, it'll take a second to focus then another to release the shutter. I think this setting was on. This is why it is totally conceivable to me that this is her right foot. She probably walked over it and hit the button. By the time she put her foot down, it snapped the photo.

I don't know what is happening in the ceiling photo. Clearly, the camera is in motion and I think the reason it is waste height is because Jodi was kneeling (in both scenarios, she is kneeling, that is why she can get a straight on pic of Travis sitting in the shower) and accidentally snapped a photo.

MOO!

Well, of course the whole thing is only my theory - but I can imagine that she ran for a kitchen knife (although the police don't think one was used) or that there may have been one there, or in her backpack (maybe she carried one for self protection?)...

Thanks SMK..

Not sure about this.. Was Travis' computer/laptop in his office? or Where was his cell phone located?
Is that when JA may have seen something from the puter or cell when downstairs Then wham JA got angry and went for a kitchen knife?

Honestly? I don't believe JA planned the trip to kill Travis initially; BUT became a thought in her demented stalker mind After he made it clear she was just a roll in the hay; bare with me here..
1) JA wanted Travis back! like all the rest of her exes that she kept using
2) Travis wouldn't answer her calls; JA must go there to get him back
3) Ryan was the ruse/excuse to get out of town
4) JA needed her exes (or men she could manipulate) help financially to complete this trip; hence all the weird deposits and credit card/cash usage and out of the way places she went
5) JA had no idea if Travis told his friends he dumped her, therefore, she must Sneak >> rent the car, get gas cans, turn off phone etc so No one would know she was sneaking back into AZ

Plz don't slap me yet for this unpopular opinion, there is a reason..

Another poster mentioned JA stealing from the grandparents to sell stuff for this trip; Maybe JA thought the gun wouldn't be noticed from the theft and she could sell it? hence travel out of her way thru this entire trip? just hinky about the gun since she was not familiar enough to kill Travis with it, one bullet shot too? dunno but could confuse a juror no? OR slap me am ready!

I also wonder why she would bother getting him in the shower before shooting him. If her intent, all alone, was to use the gun, she could have done that at any time. It wouldn't matter if he was vulnerable, as being naked and in the shower makes a person. She could have done it anytime he wasn't looking.

In the shower--no mess--wash away the blood--no DNA

no crime scene--organized perp--The Perfect Crime

IMO

Thanks SMK..

Not sure about this.. Was Travis' computer/laptop in his office? or Where was his cell phone located?
Is that when JA may have seen something from the puter or cell when downstairs Then wham JA got angry and went for a kitchen knife?

Honestly? I don't believe JA planned the trip to kill Travis initially; BUT became a thought in her demented stalker mind After he made it clear she was just a roll in the hay; bare with me here..
1) JA wanted Travis back! like all the rest of her exes that she kept using
2) Travis wouldn't answer her calls; JA must go there to get him back
3) Ryan was the ruse/excuse to get out of town
4) JA needed her exes (or men she could manipulate) help financially to complete this trip; hence all the weird deposits and credit card/cash usage and out of the way places she went
5) JA had no idea if Travis told his friends he dumped her, therefore, she must Sneak >> rent the car, get gas cans, turn off phone etc so No one would know she was sneaking back into AZ

Plz don't slap me yet for this unpopular opinion, there is a reason..

Another poster mentioned JA stealing from the grandparents to sell stuff for this trip; Maybe JA thought the gun wouldn't be noticed from the theft and she could sell it? hence travel out of her way thru this entire trip? just hinky about the gun since she was not familiar enough to kill Travis with it, one bullet shot too? dunno but could confuse a juror no? OR slap me am ready!
All good points; Yes, when young people are broke, they do look for things to sell , in my youth i had a BF who was always selling off stuff when broke...... let me take time to digest all of it..:waitasec:....nothing in this case is set in stone, except that she did kill him.......

I think his laptop and cell were in his office...in my theory, she was planning to take these to indicate home robbery, but when the knife thing went haywire, she lost her plan.....

Your (1) : I think Travis was the only man she wasn't really using: I think she worshipped him and just really did want to marry him.
(5) not sure what you mean? She didn't want his friends to know she was coming? But how would they know anyway? Please clarify. ;) thanks

Addendum: So in your theory, she was trying to win him back, and the murder occurred spur of the moment when he rejected her??? hmmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian