Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few quick questions:

• Was Jodi likely surprised that the crime went undetected for 5 days? (just pondering what she must have been thinking 6/4/08 PM - 6/8/08.)
  • In the pics below:
  • I had never seen these 2 on the original sites which had the crime scene photos.
  • who/what the heck is the first one?
  • In the second, is that Jodi's hand? Looked at first glance like male fingers.

rsz_555271_10101261502001680_30198396_n_zps65f6d629.jpg

rsz_travis13_zpseed850ec.jpg

• Was Jodi likely surprised that the crime went undetected for 5 days? (just pondering what she must have been thinking 6/4/08 PM - 6/8/08.)
  • In the pics below:
  • I had never seen these 2 on the original sites which had the crime scene photos.

I think the first photo was a re-enactment done by a Websleuther and posted so others could "visualize."

As for the second, I've never seen it either. Not sure it's real. If it is, remember, JA does have rather large, masculine hands. :twocents:

• In the pics below:

The only thing I can see was that JA was testing camera. Not sure if the left arm is holding it or camera is on timer.
I thought the same about those fingers. Woul like to see a comparison of her fingers with the ones in that pic.

• In the pics below:

yes, first is a reenactment of the Jodi foot pic

the second pic is from the courtroom and those are Juan Martinez' fingers as he shows an exhibit

I think the first photo was a re-enactment done by a Websleuther and posted so others could "visualize."

As for the second, I've never seen it either. Not sure it's real. If it is, remember, JA does have rather large, masculine hands. :twocents:
OK, thanks so much. Yeah, I actually had noticed her square, boyish fingers the other day.....

I can see no other explanation for the aspirated blood at the sink.

A stab wound that severed the Vena Cava and produced a moderate amount of blood in the lung, would be another explanation for aspirated blood.

yes, first is a reenactment of the Jodi foot pic

the second pic is from the courtroom and those are Juan Martinez' fingers as he shows an exhibit
OH, that sure clears things up, thanks! :) was beginning to think Jodi had an accomplice with her. ;)

The only thing I can see was that JA was testing camera. Not sure if the left arm is holding it or camera is on timer.
I thought the same about those fingers. Woul like to see a comparison of her fingers with the ones in that pic.
Ha, I was beginning to think she had brought along an accomplice, as her hands are boyish but not downright "man hands" and her fingers are distinctly feminine!;)

Turns out it is the prosecutor pointing to the pic in court. What a relief. :)

arias_5.jpg

As for whether or not JA was surprised he was not discovered for several days, I do indeed think she WAS. She was waiting for that phone call. One lady who saw her in SLC said that she thought it odd she left so quickly with the "must get back to work" excuse. She attributed it to the fact that JA did not want to be with them when she got "the call."

I'd LIKE to think she was distraught and losing it by the time they found him, but I think she is too cold, calculating and evil for that. Truly, I think she still basks in what she did and feels no remorse at all. :twocents:

As for whether or not JA was surprised he was not discovered for several days, I do indeed think she WAS. She was waiting for that phone call. One lady who saw her in SLC said that she thought it odd she left so quickly with the "must get back to work" excuse. She attributed it to the fact that JA did not want to be with them when she got "the call."

I'd LIKE to think she was distraught and losing it by the time they found him, but I think she is too cold, calculating and evil for that. Truly, I think she still basks in what she did and feels no remorse at all. :twocents:

Yes, it HAD to have been both puzzling and nerve wracking - she knew he had roommates, yet 5 days and nights pass and no one notices anything?

Yes, I cannot even imagine making a drive after leaving that scene - but then, how many of us could even ever reach that point that she did? Unfortunately, she does not appear to be repentant, no.

No. One of the law enforcement witnesses testified (I'm sure someone will remember who it was, and post it) that none of the knives in the house could be matched to the crime. I think JA told the dishwasher story in an attempt to make it look like the knife originated and stayed in the house (rather than being brought by her). She knows that no knives were found to be missing, so she's got to try and make the jury believe that she used one from the house and that it was still there when she left. It's much harder to say a stabbing wasn't premeditated when you brought the knife with you!

Tougher still to say it wasn't premeditated when you brought a gun, a knife, and possibly a rope! All she needs now to seal her fate is for JM to produce a Walmart receipt showing she also bought a lead pipe, a candlestick and a wrench! ;)

Nice, Clue reference.

Seriously doc Sham-uels? Fight or flight? Well I agree it did kick in when Travis was fighting for his life! me thinks she had no idea it would be this hard to kill him.At that point she was fighting , too bad she was the only one that was armed! And then the FLIGHT mode kicked in as in I have to get the ef outta here!

Right! If this was indeed self-defense--Fight or Flight button goes off.

1st choice is "Flight" and she had every opportunity to do just that.

She herself by the story she is telling us--made the choice to stay and go back for Travis. The only place she would have needed to "fight" against her will was if he cornered her in the closet. He did not , but she still ran back to "fight".

That is NOT self defense----That is IF you believe her STORY.

I for one believe she planned to Kill Travis on June 4. She brought the knife and the gun and waited for Travis to be in a vulnerable position. 62 seconds leaves you with ONE chance and you have to have your murder weapons with you. No running around looking for them, it cannot be done, period.

I am hoping JM will just use that 62 second window to prove it in closing!

Then it is.......DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!

A stab wound that severed the Vena Cava and produced a moderate amount of blood in the lung, would be another explanation for aspirated blood.

yes, of course.

But I don't see how he had the time to make it to the sink and stand there dripping and expirating blood if she was wildly stabbing him (as I'm sure she would have had to have been) once the stabbing started.

it seems incongruent to me

Yes, I believe the aspiration could have been a result of either the stab wound that severed the vena cava OR the gunshot wound.

However, I believe the passive blood drops into the sink cannot be a result of the stab wound that severed the vena cava, correct? Which stab wound do you think could've made those drops?

And, if JA is hacking and slashing at TA with a knife, why is TA standing with his face so close to the mirror for several seconds?

No. One of the law enforcement witnesses testified (I'm sure someone will remember who it was, and post it) that none of the knives in the house could be matched to the crime. I think JA told the dishwasher story in an attempt to make it look like the knife originated and stayed in the house (rather than being brought by her). She knows that no knives were found to be missing, so she's got to try and make the jury believe that she used one from the house and that it was still there when she left. It's much harder to say a stabbing wasn't premeditated when you brought the knife with you!

Tougher still to say it wasn't premeditated when you brought a gun, a knife, and possibly a rope! All she needs now to seal her fate is for JM to produce a Walmart receipt showing she also bought a lead pipe, a candlestick and a wrench! ;)

Yes, I believe Flores states this and agree with your post. She's a sly devil.

yes, of course.

But I don't see how he had the time to make it to the sink and stand there dripping and expirating blood if she was wildly stabbing him (as I'm sure she would have had to have been) once the stabbing started.

it seems incongruent to me

Exactly, there must have been a pause between weapons. If his vein was nicked in the shower, I don't see that much blood flowing to lungs and to be coughed up in a matter of seconds. That looks to me to be a wound directly to the sinus area.

Yes, I believe the aspiration could have been a result of either the stab wound that severed the vena cava OR the gunshot wound.

However, I believe the passive blood drops into the sink cannot be a result of the stab wound that severed the vena cava, correct? Which stab wound do you think could've made those drops?

And, if JA is hacking and slashing at TA with a knife, why is TA standing with his face so close to the mirror for several seconds?
Because the failed gun shot had occurred, and she ran to get her knife?

I wanted to copy something over from last night and I do think it is a game changer..

Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Guessing you guys already know this, but if not - more information on Gpa (Carlton Allen)'s gun:

Gpa's .25 was:

Black, with a black grip.
Also stolen - a fully loaded magazine (7 jacketed hollow point bullets).
Allen didn't know the make of the gun, only that it was 'old' (he inherited it).
Valued at $150.00
The gun was stolen from his dresser.
(Very significant if the gun was IN his dresser, not on top of it) - the report isn't clear. See page 4:

HMMMM? I have said before, had Grampa's gun had hollow points in it it would have been all over from the gun shot. The medical examiner can tell if he was shot with hollow points? I guess if he was shot with hollow a point bullet, that would change my mind that the gunshot surely came last as if it came first, in my mind it would have been all over.

Just playing devil's advocate for a second, if Nurmi can prove the gunshot was a normal bullet, then that would go a long ways to proving Jodi did not use Grandpa's gun. This is my first notice of hollow points mentioned.

I read the autopsy but no mention of if he was shot with a hollow point, I would think that would be easy as pie to detect, from reading all ME testimony it does not appear the bullet was a hollow point.

However Grandpa's gun was said to have hollow points, seven in a magazine, exact same as mine has seven hollow points in it, 25 auto

This seems significant to me not to get glossed over.

1) Did she intend to kill Travis?

2) Did she travel to his house to carry out her plan to kill him?

We have a strong circumstantial case that she went there with a plan to kill him with a gun which she stole for that purpose.

With a knife? Not so much. Looks more like murder two or lower.

Vinnie said last night, when he lost his case that she brought the knife, that she could be out dating again in her early 40's with murder two.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member