Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody read about what the roomate has to say? I am astounded that he lived obliviously in the crime scene with neglected dog barking, stinky oder, full laundry, etc and didn't know. What's up with that?

I know! I was all worried that no one fed the poor dog or let him out! I wonder if he witnessed it? Poor dog:(

If Jody hadn't lied so much and didn't leave a palm print in blood, I think she could have gotten away with this killing. It is just way weird that someone else was living there and didn't know anything was wrong. Someone else could have taken the fall!

Not sure but with all these breaks and late starts they might be a "pop tart jury".

Well the defendant is certainly a pop tart. :saythat:

Why did you have to say tacos!!
mad.gif
Now I'm jonesing for some!!

Those drawers would look just awful with the French Maid outfit.

animated-smileys-laughing-290.gif

Just wabt to say "Thanks" in advance for the updates for this afternoon. After IS is over I only have my android and have not yet figured out how to watch on the web via android.

Also... love the WS commentary.

Of all we, the public, know about crime scenes, forensic evidence, et.al., after all these years, how in he// did JA think she would get away with this by wiping walls down and washing clothes? This is crazy. On In-Session thy said she was a very bright young lady. Me thinks not!

Did anyone notice that the bed decorative pillows were back on the bed all neat and straightened up?

Long enough to throw water in the hallway, clean herself up, strip the bed, walk it down to the washer, collect gun, knife....gather up all of her belongings....

But let's remember the bulk of the actual bedding was found in the DRYER.....so she stayed long enough to get at least one load done and add another to the wash!

Got to do some laundry, is 3:30 pm ET when the jury is up from their naps?

The problem with her defense, the way I see it. She hasn't alleged having been battered previously. There was no reason for her to fear him. Where are the witnesses that will testify she had suspicious bruises? No previous contact with law enforcement responding to even noise complaints? No hospital records, not so much as a documented fingernail break.
For me lack of evidence of abuse doesn't necessarily indicate there wasn't abuse though. (I had a hell of a time proving my DV to the court because of the same reasons - I wasn't hit but I was far too terrified of my ex (and ashamed) to tell anyone when he pulled a gun or knife on me; set fire to our house; hit my car (with me and kiddos in it) with his own; threatened to hit or kill me; withheld money; stalked me; suggested he 'share' me with his friends; etc.)

What makes me disbelieve her is her actions after they broke up. Post break-up is a very confusing time for DV survivors - and when many return upon hope of it being better - a year later, in another state, her head should have been clear. Whatever hold or control Travis had over her - had he been abusive - should have dissipated. And ultimately, she went to him.

It's about as atypical as it can get for an abuse survivor that has no ties to his/her abuser - like children. As for Travis, it's equally unlikely imo that he would have allowed her to move to another state without a battle or stalking - ultimately abuse is about control and Travis would have lost it when Jodi moved.

Jodi, on the other hand, fits the abusive profile rather nicely. ;)

But let's remember the bulk of the actual bedding was found in the DRYER.....so she stayed long enough to get at least one load done and add another to the wash!

For the record, it has been estimated by friends of Travis' that she spent 1-2 hours there afterwards stated on the FB page several places

For the record, it has been estimated by friends of Travis' that she spent 1-2 hours there afterwards stated on the FB page several places

Wonder what they based that on?

Wonder what they based that on?

Probably the 2 loads of laundry - first load was placed in the dryer - and the fact there was some attempt to clean up the crime scene.

Plus she was around there enough times and hacked into err had his passwords so she knew the roommates whereabouts thus knew how much time she had to spend after the fact.

It makes sense that she stayed there for that long, considering all that she had to do to TRY to clean up the scene. But, I just can't imagine why she thought she was safe in staying so long. Travis must have told her that the roommate was out of town or something that made her feel safe to stay there. Staying in that house adds another level of "creepy" for me. She is a real psycho!

I was just reading this blog on JA's body language, very interesting.

It doesn't really address your question about hand on face specifically but worth a read.

http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...01/03/jodi-arias-body-language-may-do-her-in/

I just wanted to point out the Lillian Glass also appears to misunderstand what "crime of passion" means in a legal sense. I have seen a lot of confusion about that on here in the last few days. Glass states that in her opinion, this was a premeditated crime of passion. There is no such thing. Wikipedia actually explains it well if anyone would like to know more: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_passion"]Crime of passion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

ETA: I am picky about this because crimes of passion tend to be excused a bit more or not punished as harshly as cold, premeditated crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah