Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about the laundry . . . the washing machine had mostly black items (socks, sweats, shirt) but a pair of white men' garment Pants and some towels. My first thought it might have had a partial load of black socks and one outfit, etc and then Jodi picked up the clothing TA had been wearing that day (ie : underwear, socks, pants and a shirt) - she threw those in the washer (along with the camera). I think she pulled the sheets and duvet cover off of the bed first to remove any dna traces of her in that bed - since it was alleged they had sex earlier that day.

I just wanted to point out the Lillian Glass also appears to misunderstand what "crime of passion" means in a legal sense. I have seen a lot of confusion about that on here in the last few days. Glass states that in her opinion, this was a premeditated crime of passion. There is no such thing. Wikipedia actually explains it well if anyone would like to know more: Crime of passion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA: I am picky about this because crimes of passion tend to be excused a bit more or not punished as harshly as cold, premeditated crimes.

IMO she's an idiot

Did anyone notice that the bed decorative pillows were back on the bed all neat and straightened up?

I thought I aw photos of a stripped down bed. I did see what looked like an oversized chair sitting catty corner to the bed that looked like it had several throw pillow on it.

Just wabt to say "Thanks" in advance for the updates for this afternoon. After IS is over I only have my android and have not yet figured out how to watch on the web via android.

Also... love the WS commentary.

Have you tried the Skyfire app? I've used it on my iPhone and was happy with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me lack of evidence of abuse doesn't necessarily indicate there wasn't abuse though. (I had a hell of a time proving my DV to the court because of the same reasons - I wasn't hit but I was far too terrified of my ex (and ashamed) to tell anyone when he pulled a gun or knife on me; set fire to our house; hit my car (with me and kiddos in it) with his own; threatened to hit or kill me; withheld money; stalked me; suggested he 'share' me with his friends; etc.)

What makes me disbelieve her is her actions after they broke up. Post break-up is a very confusing time for DV survivors - and when many return upon hope of it being better - a year later, in another state, her head should have been clear. Whatever hold or control Travis had over her - had he been abusive - should have dissipated. And ultimately, she went to him.

It's about as atypical as it can get for an abuse survivor that has no ties to his/her abuser - like children. As for Travis, it's equally unlikely imo that he would have allowed her to move to another state without a battle or stalking - ultimately abuse is about control and Travis would have lost it when Jodi moved.

Jodi, on the other hand, fits the abusive profile rather nicely. ;)

Gosh Kate, I'm so sorry you had to go through that and hope your life is better now.

Hugs~

There is no such thing. Wikipedia actually explains it well if anyone would like to know more: Crime of passion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA: I am picky about this because crimes of passion tend to be excused a bit more or not punished as harshly as cold, premeditated crimes.

Not sure where you are going with this, the defense is not posturing this, I believe they should be, makes more sense than self defense, unless they are going to try to tie them both together.

I do see this as a crime of passion and I do follow your thought process on crimes of passion.

Premeditation from all aspects I have seen to support suggest that she had thought of this in Yreka prior to her driving to Mesa and further point to May 28 the day she allegedly stole the .25 auto Just driving alone would take some 14-15 hours, if she were truly planning she would have thought of this throughout the entire drive.

Sure does not seem like it, in hindsight does not look like she thought about it at all. Only one thing she managed to do well and that is taking of the weapons. What person spends 12 hours, part of which includes sex then decides it is time to carry out their plan? This has got to be the worst premeditated crime I have ever seen.

Overkill, rage, hatred all can fall into a crime of passion.

I wonder if they will actually start on time this afternoon.

Gosh Kate, I'm so sorry you had to go through that and hope your life is better now.

Hugs~

:tyou:
Remarried to a heckuva nice guy and living over 4000 miles away from ex now. By court order kiddos can only have written communication with their father. We're safe and happy, thank you. :heart:

I thought I aw photos of a stripped down bed. I did see what looked like an oversized chair sitting catty corner to the bed that looked like it had several throw pillow on it.

If you look at that particular pic it looks like it has stains on the left side of that chair, too. I dunno, maybe it is just the way the fabric is brushed.....

Not sure where you are going with this, the defense is not posturing this, I believe they should be, makes more sense than self defense, unless they are going to try to tie them both together.

I do see this as a crime of passion and I do follow your thought process on crimes of passion.

Premeditation from all aspects I have seen to support suggest that she had thought of this in Yreka prior to her driving to Mesa and further point to May 28 the day she allegedly stole the .25 auto Just driving alone would take some 14-15 hours, if she were truly planning she would have thought of this throughout the entire drive.

Sure does not seem like it, in hindsight does not look like she thought about it at all. Only one thing she managed to do well and that is taking of the weapons. What person spends 12 hours, part of which includes sex then decides it is time to carry out their plan? This has got to be the worst premeditated crime I have ever seen.

Even if a crime such as this is premeditated, don't you think that there still would be chaos? Not many people (other than serial killers) do this on a regular basis in order to get desensitized to it and get good at it. Whether premeditated or not, there is no way that a person could prepare in advance to kill a person and know how it will go down. Too many variables. People watch too many CSI stories and think that this is what happens in real life. Not even close!

I don't see this as a crime of passion

I think she planned it and sex was one of her weapons

:twocents::twocents::twocents:

I'm getting a buzzing sound now. Maybe it will come back on soon.

I think the camera was hanging around her neck the whole time this was happening, and that's where the accidental photos came from.

Just a few random thoughts and questions...

1. My mom raised a good point on hearing that traces of Jodi's blood were found mixed with Travis's. Mom's question: What made Jodi start bleeding?! ... Here's a good place for the defense to drive home their story, that Jodi had to defend herself.

2. I learned today that Jodi dropped out of high school in the 11th grade. Is this a sign of not being very bright, of having foggy thinking long before meeting Travis? What was going on with her family to have allowed this?

3. Jodi seems like some kind of "personality sponge." I sense that she's ever in search of a leader or guru, someone to attach to. I suspect this because:
a) Her old blogs seemed to mimic Travis's thinking and life outlook. She "grabbed" his Mormon religion in no time flat. And she seemed to rely on Travis to "save her" from a mundane existence, his (short-lived) promises of love and travel excitement. It's as if she felt she was *nothing* without him to validate her existence and tell her ways to think.
b) She now seems to be mimicking her lady attorney... I noticed the other day that Jodi's hairstyle was like her lawyer's. Now today, Jodi's wearing glasses similar to her attorney's.

4. Is there a clinical name for people who repeatedly try to morph into other people's personality?

I think she went there to :censored: him silly and then ask him to marry her or take her on the trip instead. I think his answer was the wrong one, and she was prepared to take care of that possibility. JMO

I totally agree! I think that the actual murder was premeditated, but I'm sure that she let a lot of it "go with the flow" and obviously didn't plan or premeditate every second of it. It would be impossible to do so. Premeditation is premeditation and the proof is her reporting the gun stolen, going to another town to rent a car, driving all that way, and bringing the gun with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic