Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's frightening to me how much Jodi as assumed a similar appearance to her defense attorney, and yesterday on TV they were saying that Jodi's chair appears to have been lowered, reminiscent of CMA during her trial.

Maybe the clothes are actually her lawyer's?

Hi, Linda7NJ. Getting away and trying to wrest the knife from her aren't mutually exclusive alternatives. He seemed to have gotten close enough to give Jodi some cuts. Her more lasting finger injury, which is muscular rather than a cut, is consistent with her struggle to keep a knife in her left hand. To me that is supportive evidence.

Of course, Travis never had the knife. He had no reason to bring a knife into the bathroom while he took a casual shower.

IIRC, I heard in another trial that when someone is stabbing like Jodi did, allegedly, that the knife handle will become slippery with blood and the hand will slip down onto to the sharp part of the knife.

geez why even cross this witness... it is what it is

(and her mistake to have most likely taken off her plates and put them back on upside down :moo:)

I was wondering the same as wenwe. There's nothing that prohibits family members of the convicted from profiting, is there? Unless someone takes them to court, as you said. Seems like family members could weasel around free of restrictions. :furious:

I think its in incredibly bad taste that they are 1. Being sold and ii. Being sold whilst the trial is on.

If her mother is selling them, then I think its disgusting.

As someone who sells art, imho they are nothing special at all. They are stylised, cliched and lack training.

IIRC, I heard in another trial that when someone is stabbing like Jodi did, allegedly, that the knife handle will become slippery with blood and the hand will slip down onto to the sharp part of the knife.

Even OJ got cut when he slaughtered Nicole and Ron and they never stood a chance. It happens and Im glad they found JAs blood mingled in with Travis'.

imo

I think she may of turned the plate so she would get pulled over to prove she was in Utah and not in Arizona. She thinks she is so smart but her actions over this whole trip were quite dumb!

Michael Galieti first up.

I thought last night they stopped the police interview videos abruptly for the late (lol) finish at 5pm on the dot. There was a flurry about the DVD player being switched off and being at the same place.

Why didnt they start from where they left off? Anyone?

You know normally I never say anything about personal appearances...but...seriously who thinks leopard print is a good idea when you're on trial for murder?

Natural predators, anyone?

Who thinks leopard print is a good idea at any time? :waitasec:

He was attempting to make the point that TA did not treat his white girlfriends the way he treated Jodi.

I don't believe it has been established factually that she's Hispanic. Has it?

I get the feeling she has Native American heritage, JMO.

I think she did it so that highway/traffic cameras could not read the plates?

It is possible, anything that has comes out of this nutjobs mouth is questionable, period.

Q. How do we know when JA is lying?
A. Everytime she opens her mouth.

States witness Michael Galieti, City of Cottonwood Heights PD Utah, former patrol officer, West Jordan PD Utah
Traffic stop June 5, 2008 in West Jordan, Utah for upside down license plate
White ford focus with California plates, defendant driving, she said her friends must be playing a joke on her.

264qd76.png

First Witness of the day . . .

Michael Geiliti - City of Cottonwoood Heights PD - Utah before that he worked for West Jordan PD Utah in 6/5/2008 - he was working Patrol - car with a bicycle on the back of the car.

He made a traffic stop around noon 12:02 - on Redwood Rd in West Jordan - Southbound - he saw rear license plate was mounted upside down on white ford focus. He approached and introduced himself and driver was driver was JA -

He has done numerous traffic stops - he has been a Police Officer for 13 -14yrs and he has only made 1 stop with an upside down license plate - she said "oh my friends must be playing a joke on me" . . .california license plate.

As he recalls there was a 2nd vehicle pulled over after he stopped the white ford focus - the other car pulled over in front of JA. JA's Demeanor was pleasant and surprised @ the time about the license plate. . . . Officer said everything appeared to be in order otherwise and asked her to correct the problem - no citation - just a warning....

Cross - Exam
No other traffic violations that made him pull her over - he would not have made a written documentation - just a radio log created by dispatch . . . .just the license plate made him remember this incident . . . he was southbound on Redwood rd - main rd in that community - typical looking @ plates for expired tags . . . . intiate a stop on something as unusual as an upside down license plate.

He was behind ford focus - redwood rd has 3 lanes in each direction and a center safety lane - can't remember which lane . . . . 3 southbound and 3 northbound - moderate traffic in that part of the day. . . .stood out to him amongst all other things on that road. He doesn' recall ever seeing a license plate displayed upside down on an operating vehicle . . . "oh my friends must be playing a trick on me" . . . .she was pleasant.

Re-direct

It was part of his job to notice improper display of license plate - radio log automatic created by dispatch service Valley Communications Dispatch Center vs a report he would write.
Shown the radio log he is referencing

No further questions - witness steps down

Raphael Columbo... rental car guy that picked her out of the lineup

he will also most likely say the plate was on right side up

geez why even cross this witness... it is what it is

(and her mistake to have most likely taken off her plates and put them back on upside down :moo:)
Because it's interesting the amount of detail he remembers about her and the stop, but can't remember how he saw the car to begin with.

Are they calling Columbo now? This will solve it

She (IMO) wanted to get stopped somewhere in Utah to establish location.....hhhmmmm

January 16, 2013 Morning Testimony

State witness Michael Galieti

--Galieti currently works for city of Cottonwood Heights PD, in Utah he is a police officer.
--In June 2008 he was an officer for West Jordan PD. He drove a patrol
--on June 5, 2008 around noon Galieti made a traffic stop. 1202 hours. Traffic stop on redwood rd. The car was a white Ford Focus. The car was stopped because the back plate was mounted upside down. Jodi Arias was the driver. Galiety identifies Jodi in the courtroom.
--Galieti asked Jody why the plate was on upside down. Jodi says "Oh my friends must be playing a joke on me".
--The vehicle had California plates on it.
--Galiety recalls a second vehicle pulling over in front of the Ford Focus.
--Jodi's demeanor was "pleasant" and surprised to learn that the plate was improperly displayed.
--Officer did not notice anything unusual other than the licence plate.
--Galieti said that everything appeared to be in order and Jodi was asked to correct the plate. Length of time stopped roadside was 2-3 minutes.

CROSS EXAMINATION--DT asks if there were any other traffic violations that would cause him to pull the vehicle over. Asks the officer if he has read his report. There is no written report, just the radio log with police dispatch.
--Galieti says he was southbound on Redwood Rd. scanning plates for expired tags. DT wants to know where Galieti was when he saw the Ford Focus. The street has three lanes. Cannot remember what lane the Ford was in and what lane he was in. Typically at that time of day there would have been moderate traffic. The upside down plate was eye catching to the officer. It was the only stop of that nature this officer has made in his thirteen year career.
--Officer states Arias was pleasant.

REDIRECT--Prosecution asks if it was part of the officer's job to look for any traffic violations.
--What is the difference between a police report and a police dispatch radio log? Report is written by the officer. Radio log is the radio traffic between the officer and the dispatchers.

So if her Mom is selling these pictures on line - she can keep the profit up until the time that Jodi is found "guilty" and then TA's family could ask that she and/or her family not profit from her notarity from taking his life?

Someone has posted that the law prohibiting a convicted felon from financially benefiting from the sale of artwork,bookdeals etc was recently overturned? I think the law was either based on the Son of Sam case or the John Wayne Gacy case (sold clown paintings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18