Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. Willmott said in opening statements that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander and that there was no doubt about that.

All the defense has to work with is to prove Travis was the bad guy and Jodi was protecting herself.

So far, the defense has not elicited one shred of evidence that Travis was abusive. They did bring up the message where Travis said bad words to her (Jodi said it didn't bother her in her interrogation.) and one out of context which Mr. Martinez immediately provided for the jury.

The prosecution is totally avoiding the stalking issue, but Nurmi made a big deal in his cross of Mimi. You can be sure the same will happen with Lisa when called to testify.

Why this is, I do not understand. If the prosecution used the alleged stalking by Jodi, it could cause a verdict to be overturned. If the defense is using it, how in the world does it help Jodi? Travis was discrete and never mentioned a name to either of them. How does that help prove Travis was an abuser?
Just my midnight ramblings, Carolina. :) I think they're trying to show by Travis not getting a restraining order, not naming Jodi as his stalker, and telling Mimi she shouldn't be afraid that Travis wasn't actually in fear of Jodi. He can't be scared of her and abusing her too.

How does the abuse excuse play out when the supposed victim is shown the aggressor? JMO

(No tomatoes. I'm the last person to make light of domestic abuse...when it's real. ;))

Why this is, I do not understand. If the prosecution used the alleged stalking by Jodi, it could cause a verdict to be overturned. If the defense is using it, how in the world does it help Jodi? Travis was discrete and never mentioned a name to either of them. How does that help prove Travis was an abuser?

If Lisa testifies about her relationship with TA, the defense could use that to bring up things in order to paint TA in a "bad light". If he was in a relationship with both simultaneously, if he lied to Lisa, if he was telling people JA was a "stalker" and "smearing" her reputation - all of those things would be brought up in order to try to convince the jury that TA was a bad guy/womanizer/leading a double life/who knows what else. Doesn't prove that he was an abuser, but it plants the seed in the jurors' minds about TA (for example, if he could do those things, isn't it possible he was abusive?). It goes to his character, which the defense would love to smear, in order for the self defense claim to have a snowball's chance in you-know-where. There seem to be no end to the number of people who can testify to TA's great character, so why bring in one that the defense can jump all over?

I don't know, that's all I've got...

:what: This was posted on Joey Arias' facebook page 7 hrs ago. How strange. (I hope this is ok to post!).

*The lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil. But in the end she is as bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double-edged sword.*
Proverbs 5:3

https://www.facebook.com/#!/joey.arias.7[/url

I also noticed that JA's sister Angela "liked" his post! Does that mean that her family is finally seeing the light?!

I'm still actively trying to forget what I saw....

I must admit that the thought has crossed my mind that the male jurors started tuning out the testimony as soon as they got a glimpse of the nude photos of Jodi and that now they are just sitting there letting their imaginations run wild. Just being truthful. I just don't trust juries anymore.

A previous poster suggested Jodi could have burned the evidence in the desert during her long drive.

Are there any picnic spots/rest stops along the way with BBQ pits?

She could hav easily stopped at a place like that and burned everything in a pit with some lighter fluid.

That would explain the two Kerosene cans she bought at Walmart just before. Another thing pointing towards premeditation. She planned to burn evidence.

:what: This was posted on Joey Arias' facebook page 7 hrs ago. How strange. (I hope this is ok to post!).

*The lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil. But in the end she is as bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double-edged sword.*
Proverbs 5:3

https://www.facebook.com/#!/joey.arias.7

Yep. Sums her up nicely.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dear God, I sincerely hope the jurors are not confused about WHO killed TA, or think that they are there to determine JA's guilt or innocence about the act of KILLING TA.

Man, I hope the prosecutors are paying attention to the questions the jurors ask. They need to emphasize in their closing argument that it is NOT in dispute who killed TA. I am getting worried we may have a few Pinellas-type jurors who want a videotape of the murder. I'm worried we have a few jurors who may be confused about what they are there to determine.
Okay, I don't live in America anymore but if they acquit her I seriously just give up on the justice system entirely. (And the Yank system is a whole lot better than ours!)

We have photos of the blooming crime in action; palm print, hair, her blood, ready made alibi, same caliber gun 'stolen' from her grandparents home that matches the one that killed Travis, no alibi for the actual time of the crime, premeditation up the ramalamadingdong, a history of obsessive behavior, and a lot more that I'm just too tired to recall at present.

They can't acquit her. They just can't. :please:

From Justice for Travis....this girl was in jail with JA.

Tiffany Wann .... she did have an 'inseparable friendship' with another inmate in the towers....it bordered on obsession in such a way, that her and this other inmate had to be separated into different pods....so i did catch a tiny glimpse of one variation of Jodis obsession...
Yesterday at 5:20pm · Like · 9

That would explain the two Kerosene cans she bought at Walmart just before. Another thing pointing towards premeditation. She planned to burn evidence.

Where did you hear/read that ? Did they show the reciepts ?

If that were the case don't you think there would be blood or at least some residue of blood on top of the casing? Blood spatter analyst testified there is no blood on top of the casing. (There's a really good pic of the casing at HuffPo - I also posted it on one of the last pages of the last thread.)

Plus that was only one piece of evidence that help the ME figure out the sequence. Not sure why it is still an issue when the prosecutor stated today in court, for the record, that Flores was going by JA's testimony and not what the ME found when he stated TA was shot first. JA's statement vs. ME. Who would be considered more credible? jmo

There are quite a few scenic spots with picnic areas on the way to Utah. I don't how many rest stops use cameras. I know some if them do. I wonder if LE thought to check.

You know us WSers would!

Maybe that was the kool-aid stains.

Plus that was only one piece of evidence that help the ME figure out the sequence. Not sure why it is still an issue when the prosecutor stated today in court, for the record, that Flores was going by JA's testimony and not what the ME found when he stated TA was shot first. JA's statement vs. ME. Who would be considered more credible? jmo
Even Flores vs. ME! The dude is a detective - not a doctor. (Which is what I kept screaming at Nurmi too.) :biggrin:

Wow, didn't know about the kerosene. That is so telling. Why does anyone buy kerosend unless they are camping? jmo

She did get a little concerned when she thought they were going to bring in the rental car.

They should have. They should have parked it in the police garage and walked her by it on the way to the interview room.

Could she actually burn a gun? I wouldn't be surprised if she tried but IMO, the gun is possibly submerged somewhere. Maybe there were two points of evidence destruction 1. Burning clothes, etc. and 2. Knife/gun in a lake somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r