Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now JVM says Det maybe didn't do so good because he didn't get a confession?

Too bad the kool-aid stains weren't described. He could have said juice, soda, or berry stains, but he said kool-aide. I imagined traces of some granular powder along with the stains. What looked like kool-aid from the packet, but was really dried blood? IDK! Why kool-aid? Like was it sugary? were stains watery?

Jodi had mentioned the rental car in a way that seemed she expected it to turn up evidence.

All JMO

Where did you hear/read that ? Did they show the reciepts ?

Yes, and I can't remember if it was day 2 or day 3. But on that receipt she bought 2 bottles of facial cleanser as well. I read where she bought some things at CVS as well (I'm guessing hair dye)... but missed it myself. Maybe someone else can elaborate more.

There are quite a few scenic spots with picnic areas on the way to Utah. I don't how many rest stops use cameras. I know some if them do. I wonder if LE thought to check.

Do you know if the rest stop right outside Wickenburg has bbq pits? I am thinking yes, but I can't remember 100%. :)

I was also thinking of Burro Creek camp ground in June would be all but deserted.

Lisa also wrote this:

It wasn't until I learned of the brutal murder of Travis, and after months of dealing with all the pain and emotions that come with it, that I have come to realize why we couldn't be together. Whether it was to protect me physically or emotionally, or both, I know not. But I do know that Heavenly Father was watching out for me, and continues to do so.

BBM

I bet the defense tries to spin this as Lisa thought the Heavenly Father was protecting her physically and emotionally from abusive Travis. I suspect what she meant was that the Heavenly Father was protecting her physically and emotionally from the frightening stalker and the emotional fallout from having a stalker kill a loved one.

Yeah, abc has an article which is titled "jurors questions reflect doubt". The question about the alibi for the roommates. Is this even possible???? The article states that the jurors questions seem to reflect that perhaps the police focused on her to the exclusion of possible other suspects. Did the opening statement from the defense not state that WITHOUT A DOUBT, SHE KILLED HIM?????? Oh, I forgot.....opening statements are not evidence. My head is about to explode........
Bear in mind the media wants ratings and views. They'll twist anything. I like to think the jury is doing its job - which will be to find Ms. Arias guilty of first degree murder beyond a reasonable doubt. We haven't really gotten into the 'meat' of this case yet. Remember other cell records were subpoenaed so they definitely were entertaining the idea of other suspects in my opinion. (How's that for false bravado? Eh? ;))

IF this jury does not convict, That's it for me regarding trials.

I know people are still upset with Casey's verdict, but I could not be more pleased to know that she is down right miserable and has to stay in a gated community. Her life has NOT turned out the way she thought it would be when she was found not guilty.

I truly think KC would have been right at home in prison.
Ditto. For me it wasn't only Casey's verdict but Zahra's as well. Elisa Baker managed to get a mere slap on the wrist in a DP state and Adam Baker was allowed to happily skip off back to Oz one responsibility lighter. There are parts of that precious girl (I so totally fell in love with her :() still missing. :furious:

Too bad the kool-aid stains weren't described. He could have said juice, soda, or berry stains, but he said kool-aide. I imagined traces of some granular powder along with the stains. What looked like kool-aid from the packet, but was really dried blood? IDK! Why kool-aid? Like was it sugary? were stains watery?

Jodi had mentioned the rental car in a way that seemed she expected it to turn up evidence.

All JMO

IMO I pictured how it looks when a kid spills kool-aid, red was my vision, and it leaves a red mark behind.
eta I was really surprised nobody asked what it looked like. wth

Could she actually burn a gun? I wouldn't be surprised if she tried but IMO, the gun is possibly submerged somewhere. Maybe there were two points of evidence destruction 1. Burning clothes, etc. and 2. Knife/gun in a lake somewhere.

Anything is possible with her.. Also we can add floor mats from the rental car to the list of things disposed of...

Yep, I just read an article saying the jury questions sound like they're questioning the investigation. Asking if the roommates had alibis.

Hello!?!! She DID it! Does someone not understand that?

Anything is possible with her.. Also we can add floor mats from the rental car to the list of things disposed of...

Yes, what is up with that, all four of them. Perhaps she got blood on one and figured they wouldn't notice if all four were missing vs just one.

IMO: Jodi Arias admitted to killing him and based on her own admission and the serie of intimate shots leading up to the slaying, it appears to me that she cornered him (in the shower) with her blocking him from exiting, took photo after photo until she went for the kill (pun intended.) Based on his (somewhat flawed) attempt to live as a good and faithful Mormon success story, it's almost like the last photo of him where he looks straight to the camera, the expression is his eyes shows that of his fear blended with his own disappointment over being in the particular situation at that particular time and on that particular day (having intimate relations with someone he himself classified as a stalker.)

Who cares if the media already convicted her. The media convicted Casey Anthony which gave her jury a greater "reasonable doubt" to overcome in order to convict. I would not be surprised if history repeats itself here and a jury finds her not guilty due to technicalities or due to existence of some reasonable doubt.

As far as self defense, in order for self defense to apply in a homicide she needs to have some level of imminent fear for her life. Based on the series of photos it doesn't appear like an imminent or any kind of threat is present. Maybe the threat of no more sex?

Yep, I just read an article saying the jury questions sound like they're questioning the investigation. Asking if the roommates had alibis.

Hello!?!! She DID it! Does someone not understand that?

obviously, they didn't get the memo that her defense also says that she killed him, much less that SHE admits she killed him.

I will be SO freakin' PO'ed if this woman gets off.

:furious:

Even her OWN defense says she killed him, She ADMITTED she killed him.

They must want video proof that actually shows him being killed by her.

:banghead:

:furious:
Right but before I start foaming at the mouth - the jury has options here. Ultimately the defense is looking for acquittal, 2nd degree murder, or 1st degree LWOP.

If the jury needs to ask questions we might not understand to get them from 2nd degree to 1st degree I am like so totally cool with it. I am really praying this is just them covering their bases...asking what many of us might if we weren't neck high in facebook, myspace, and blogger accounts.

IMO: Jodi Arias admitted to killing him and based on her own admission and the serie of intimate shots leading up to the slaying, it appears to me that she cornered him (in the shower) with her blocking him from exiting, took photo after photo until she went for the kill (pun intended.) Based on his (somewhat flawed) attempt to live as a good and faithful Mormon success story, it's almost like the last photo of him where he looks straight to the camera, the expression is his eyes shows that of his fear blended with his own disappointment over being in the particular situation at that particular time and on that particular day (having intimate relations with someone he himself classified as a stalker.)

Who cares if the media already convicted her. The media convicted Casey Anthony which gave her jury a greater "reasonable doubt" to overcome in order to convict. I would not be surprised if history repeats itself here and a jury finds her not guilty due to technicalities or due to existence of some reasonable doubt.

As far as self defense, in order for self defense to apply in a homicide she needs to have some level of imminent fear for her life. Based on the series of photos it doesn't appear like an imminent or any kind of threat is present. Maybe the threat of no more sex?

Yeah, he's naked sitting in a shower and next thing you know, he's been butchered. What could he possibly done that posed an imminent risk to her in those few seconds, and from that vulnerable position?

Please tell me the jury will be asking that question-----and answering it!

I hope the Prosecution plans on having Travis's roommates on the stand.

or is it too late for that?

Any theories as to what could have been on the floor matts, so that she had to destroy all 4?

Another thought...I wonder what was going on in the trunk of her rental car? Wouldn't that the trunk be the best place to put bloody evidence that she was going to get rid of? I wonder if JA put the floor matts down in the trunk, placing the evidence on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member