Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but before I start foaming at the mouth - the jury has options here. Ultimately the defense is looking for acquittal, 2nd degree murder, or 1st degree LWOP.

If the jury needs to ask questions we might not understand to get them from 2nd degree to 1st degree I am like so totally cool with it. I am really praying this is just them covering their bases...asking what many of us might if we weren't neck high in facebook, myspace, and blogger accounts.

I really hope this is what they are doing...... unlike the florida jury who ask no questions whatsoever and concluded that KC didn't do it.

I hope the Prosecution gets his room mates on the stand ASAP.

I am really glad you have faith the jurors. I so hope you are right.

I am not! I am furious. IMO Any juror with two brain cells to rub together wouldn't be asking such stupid questions during the states case. Weren't they paying attention to her defense attorneys opening statement? There is no doubt she killed him, but it was in self defense.
Did some moron actually think a roommate was involved? IMO they are looking at her, even after everything they heard and saw ...and are looking for another explanation....couldn't be jodi .....Jodi alone? She musta had help.

I am beyond disgusted!

It worries me just the same... I fear they are lost in all this.

Is anybody watching NG? Someone from the National Enquirer was on saying that Jodi's mother brought them letters supposedly from Travis and that Jodi wanted them published. Apparently, they are to show what a 'sexual deviant; he is. She is sick, sick, sick. I can't believe the mother is helping her w/ this farce.

I cut and pasted the NE article one or two pages back. So sick.

I noticed that too - if you carefully examine many of the pictures her right eye goes in slightly - makes me wonder about undiagnosed brain damage - maybe a fall as a child or something.

I actually think TA has weird looking eyes. Would not think brain damage, but certainly strange eyes. Very sad and almost pleading. jmo

I can only try. The state's concerned if the jury learns Jodi stalked Travis it could unfairly bias them which could lead to a guilty verdict which could lead to an appeal. An appeal that could and possibly would overturn a conviction.

Jodi was never convicted of stalking Travis and even had she been it may have been ruled inadmissible. Not sure on that one though. Some prior bad acts are allowed in.

I really don't understand the reasoning. Help me out here as sometimes I need a picture drawn for me.
I don't understand how bringing up previous stalking tendencies could unfairly bias a jury any more than the naked pictures of her with her hoohaa and heehee all up in the air??????

Any theories as to what could have been on the floor matts, so that she had to destroy all 4?

Another thought...I wonder what was going on in the trunk of her rental car? Wouldn't that the trunk be the best place to put bloody evidence that she was going to get rid of? I wonder if JA put the floor matts down in the trunk, placing the evidence on top.

What? And then made a sloppy pitcher of kool-aid in the car?

I have to say that my heart dropped today when I heard what the jury questions were. If they are asking these questions, there is no way that they can be following what is going on in this trial. Someone was speculating that if she got 2nd degree and got the lowest sentence that she could be sentenced to 5 years. With the time served, she could get out right away. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they would give her anything but the maximum for 2nd degree, but DAMN! These jurors are asking about roommates fingerprints and alibis. That isn't even remotely a factor in this!

I really hope this is what they are doing...... unlike the florida jury who ask no questions whatsoever and concluded that KC didn't do it.

I hope the Prosecution gets his room mates on the stand ASAP.
They are expected to testify. They've both been careful with online accounts in anticipation of the trial. FWIW

Is anybody watching NG? Someone from the National Enquirer was on saying that Jodi's mother brought them letters supposedly from Travis and that Jodi wanted them published. Apparently, they are to show what a 'sexual deviant; he is. She is sick, sick, sick. I can't believe the mother is helping her w/ this farce.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/exclusive-jodi-arias-desperate-escape-plan

I feel compelled to say the letters were deemed forgeries (and I believe sealed) by the court in August of 2011. Defense fought to admit them until their expert also testified then withdrew the motion in opposition to preclude.

I really, really hope media clarifies that these letters were NOT written by Travis.

No, I mean the kerosene was the kool-aid like stains. :floorlaugh:

Didn't the crime labs test the stains? I'd be surprised if they didn't. Even if Columbo had them cleaned I would think they could still detect something, no?

I really don't understand the reasoning. Help me out here as sometimes I need a picture drawn for me.
I don't understand how bringing up previous stalking tendencies could unfairly bias a jury any more than the naked pictures of her with her hoohaa and heehee all up in the air??????
:floorlaugh:

Read a bit more - I was thankfully proven wrong. :) Her stalkiness regarding Travis is fair game.

ETA: My mindset was that if the jury knew 'prior bad acts' it could influence a verdict which might be overturned on appeal if the jury wasn't supposed to have heard them. (I think the defense will try to paint Jodi's hoohaa and heehee as proof of sexual deviancy, dominancy and abuse, personally. Kind of tough to use that same tactic when she's slashing the victims tires though.)

I'm not understanding. She's already admitted that she killed him and got into her rented and vehicle to drive to Utah. Why would finding stains at this point make a difference? I've had a busy day and my brain isn't working right...:)

I have to say that my heart dropped today when I heard what the jury questions were. If they are asking these questions, there is no way that they can be following what is going on in this trial. Someone was speculating that if she got 2nd degree and got the lowest sentence that she could be sentenced to 5 years. With the time served, she could get out right away. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they would give her anything but the maximum for 2nd degree, but DAMN! These jurors are asking about roommates fingerprints and alibis. That isn't even remotely a factor in this!

Help me out here. They are not determining guilt or innocence? They are just there to decide if it was premeditated or self defense? That is confusing to me. Maybe they did miss that charge. What was the original charge to the jury. thanks.

What you worry about is some maroon thinking she had to have help. Just deciding this little girl couldn't have done it alone. Sorta like the big lie that George Anthony became enveloped in.

Absolutely no evidence to support it, but oh well. I'm not going to freak out quite yet, but I'm primed for something like that after what we just saw.

Not a mod but just an FYI, I know we have a lot of new members that might not be aware, but we are not allowed to copy and paste full news articles, just 10%.

I so appreciate the YouTube videos of each day's proceedings! I just watched the last installment of Det Flores' interrogation. I am riveted by her psychopathy. I pray that the jury 'gets it.' Such evil should not be permitted to roam free. Praying for Justice for Travis!!

Didn't the crime labs test the stains? I'd be surprised if they didn't. Even if Columbo had them cleaned I would think they could still detect something, no?

But could they use it if there were a number of people in that car after she turned it in?

Help me out here. They are not determining guilt or innocence? They are just there to decide if it was premeditated or self defense? That is confusing to me. Maybe they did miss that charge. What was the original charge to the jury. thanks.

1st degree- DP, 1st Degree- LWOP, 2nd Degree-???

That's all I know.

What? And then made a sloppy pitcher of kool-aid in the car?

Not sure exactly the part of my post your "what?" is in reference to, but I have no idea what's going on with the kool aid substance on the seats. I highly doubt the kool aid was blood trace, though.

They are expected to testify. They've both been careful with online accounts in anticipation of the trial. FWIW

I feel compelled to say the letters were deemed forgeries (and I believe sealed) by the court in August of 2011. Defense fought to admit them until their expert also testified then withdrew the motion in opposition to preclude.

I really, really hope media clarifies that these letters were NOT written by Travis.

It's in the article. It says the court found them to be forgeries and they have a date of 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member