Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #8 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out here. They are not determining guilt or innocence? They are just there to decide if it was premeditated or self defense? That is confusing to me. Maybe they did miss that charge. What was the original charge to the jury. thanks.

I don't know the answer either. But, if they are missing it by that much, it could be really bad for the prosecution. :(

Help me out here. They are not determining guilt or innocence? They are just there to decide if it was premeditated or self defense? That is confusing to me. Maybe they did miss that charge. What was the original charge to the jury. thanks.

My understand was that she didn't admit guilt to the state, am I wrong?

But could they use it if there were a number of people in that car after she turned it in?

Columbo already testified said stains happened during her posession. Perhaps not to be admitted in court but to help put the puzzle together for LE.

My brain is so saturated after a day of this Trial I cant think. Or maybe I just dont want to :waitasec: It's pretty simple :banghead: These Jurors best get it right this time. Full Court days and shorter lunches could get this done much sooner. Frustrating to say the least.

Not sure exactly the part of my post your "what?" is in reference to, but I have no idea what's going on with the kool aid substance on the seats. I highly doubt the kool aid was blood trace, though.

Columbo said it looked like kool-aid, not that it was kool-aid.

Just to clarify my comment re: credibility of the NE report, I only meant to suggest perhaps JA's mother wasn't assisting her daughter in trying to taint the jury pool with these forgeries. But, IMO, she was doing just that.

Are there 2 FB pages? I keep seeing comments about TA's roommates doing one of them but the only page I have found is hosted by Australians? Justice4Travis

Not a mod but just an FYI, I know we have a lot of new members that might not be aware, but we are not allowed to copy and paste full news articles, just 10%.

What 10%. I don't know what you mean. tia

Thanks. Does anyone know whether the rental car company washed away the stain and that's why it was never tested?

I believe it was stated the car was detailed. Then again my brain is fried by the end of the day.

It's in the article. It says the court found them to be forgeries and they have a date of 2010.
I saw that (though the date of the ruling was August 15, 2011). It's Nancy Grace and more of her ilk I worry over. Exploiting what could be a sensationalist headline at the expense of the facts iykwim.

They are expected to testify. They've both been careful with online accounts in anticipation of the trial. FWIW

I feel compelled to say the letters were deemed forgeries (and I believe sealed) by the court in August of 2011. Defense fought to admit them until their expert also testified then withdrew the motion in opposition to preclude.

I really, really hope media clarifies that these letters were NOT written by Travis.

Well, at the very least, taking the story to the NG show will boost their sales when the NE does publish the letters.

Yeah, abc has an article which is titled "jurors questions reflect doubt". The question about the alibi for the roommates. Is this even possible???? The article states that the jurors questions seem to reflect that perhaps the police focused on her to the exclusion of possible other suspects. Did the opening statement from the defense not state that WITHOUT A DOUBT, SHE KILLED HIM?????? Oh, I forgot.....opening statements are not evidence. My head is about to explode........

I think my head did explode. I have the worst headache and its because I'm so angry!

Thanks. Does anyone know whether the rental car company washed away the stain and that's why it was never tested?

Will we hear (please) that they got the rental car and examined it? I have had the dog bleed from a cut paw on the cloth seat of the car as we headed for the vets. It could be cleaned up till there was only a faint pink stain on the seat which faded with time. Of course the color of the seat probably plays a role (mine are gray)

I saw a crime show in which they looked for blood on the seat of a car and did not find blood on the surface, but when they went under the fabric they were able not only to find blood, it to type it and get DNA from it.

I have to say that my heart dropped today when I heard what the jury questions were. If they are asking these questions, there is no way that they can be following what is going on in this trial. Someone was speculating that if she got 2nd degree and got the lowest sentence that she could be sentenced to 5 years. With the time served, she could get out right away. I SERIOUSLY doubt that they would give her anything but the maximum for 2nd degree, but DAMN! These jurors are asking about roommates fingerprints and alibis. That isn't even remotely a factor in this!

IMO they need to stop trying to take notes and friggin pay full attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24