John Edward's Love Child - Tell me this ISN'T his kid

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well that just tears it-John, you are just as stupid as people said you were.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_edwards_affair

From the same link:

The New York Times said the book proposal states Edwards knew from the start that he was the father of the child and expended considerable effort trying to conceal that. The proposal says Edwards pleaded with Young to claim paternity and asked Baron to check whether a doctor would fake the results of a paternity test.

BBM...what a dirtbag. He deserves whatever he gets.

It's sad that a child has to be in the middle of controversy from day one. And this beautiful child will most likely see things that are written here on the internet and in print soon enough. That makes me sad for the baby. When most of us google our name(s), most likely nothing negative comes up. And nothing negative comes up about my parents. So with internet technology, in a few years this little one could google her name and see some very hurtful things. She's really cute!

Some of my family were supporters of this guy early in the process last year. I never could warm up to him- something always seemed hinky about him. He just seemed like a flim flam artist. I honestly never felt he was sincere about his political and economic ideas. Just another hustler who talked change and would not deliver.
What a sad story on so many levels with so many victims.

Good Lord--Elizabeth and her children are already suffering enough. Such a crying shame...

Normally I don't feel sorry for women who stay with straying husbands but in this case she is in a no win situation. Face it, she is dying and she has small children. Even if she left at some point the children will have to go back to live with him. This way she is disrupting their lives as little as possible. Don't get me wrong, I think he is scum for what he did but in their situation I don't think that divorce would be a good idea. The best thing they can do is keep things as stable as possible for the sake of the children, who are going to be devastated soon enough. Better not to add to that burden. I think she knows full well what is going on but is choosing to think of her kids future and what is best for them.

This would be a perfect high road for her to take. One problem, why the he77 does she not just say this??????

She would be a national hero if she believed this, and came out and said so.

But she has not ....... So sadly, I'm not so sure the bold above is true.

<snip>
I found it really telling yesterday when Oprah talked to John, and he said something to the effect of "I love my wife, I care for her." The way he said it made it sound like he was talking about a friend, nothing more. He looks incredibly foolish in this whole situation, a complete cad to Rielle and Elizabeth, and now he is just sitting there silent with this whole situation swirling around him.

What would you want him to say? Would you be happy if John came out and said Elizabeth has not been a "wife" (i.e. alienation of affection, loving, caring, happiness, respect... ) since her diagnosis of cancer? Yet because of her health issues, I felt I should care for her and the children.

There are no angels in this story (except the child). There is always more than what is said and printed.

Feel better now?

I know - old story.

It might take a divorce to be positive certain that the children's financial future is secure given the money they have.
He obviously can't be trusted. She has all my sympathy and prayers for finding a solution that works for her.

It might take a divorce to be positive certain that the children's financial future is secure given the money they have.
He obviously can't be trusted. She has all my sympathy and prayers for finding a solution that works for her.

IMO Elizabeth just doesn't know WHAT to do. She must still want the marriage to continue but for what reason? Love? The children? Can this marriage continue?

Elizabeth and John's offspring are Cate - 27, Emma - 11, and Jack - 9. (I don't recall a statment from Cate who campaigned for her father in 2008.) Cate is with Harvard Legal Aid - should be able to insure the financial future of herself and her siblings should Elizabeth not be around to do so.

It's quite likely that trust funds are in place for the children already, established when the Edwards' wealth was at its highest point, if not sooner. Anything that Mrs. E has to say about Mr. E should be said to his face and not in public. Would you want your dying mom to say bad things about your dad in public? She owes us nothing and the children don't need to be further distressed. He may be a good dad except for his hound-dogginess.

What would you want him to say? Would you be happy if John came out and said Elizabeth has not been a "wife" (i.e. alienation of affection, loving, caring, happiness, respect... ) since her diagnosis of cancer? Yet because of her health issues, I felt I should care for her and the children.

There are no angels in this story (except the child). There is always more than what is said and printed.

Feel better now?

I know - old story.

Well, if he couldn't do a better job of acting, he shouldn't have been on Oprah at all. He should have stayed away from the camera completely. He came across like a chastened little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but is (not so secretly) pissed off that he can't have his way.

Feel better now?

I know - old story.

Yep. I would feel better. I would guess their traditional marriage vows were for better or for worse.

I respect Elizabeth's stance. Many love stories are peppered with bad behavior - that's part of what the "for better, for worse" is a nod to. For some, the bad stuff doesn't obliterate the good stuff. I wish them both peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back