John Edward's Love Child - Tell me this ISN'T his kid

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes Lizzybeth...

just because spouses cheat all the time on each other does not make it right or excusable ever! This type of behaviour needs to stop, it's disgusting and it permanently harms all involved. The other woman is definitely someone in this world that needs to be called to task and held accountable!

In biblical times the other woman used to be stoned to death. I still feel like that today. She has no right whatsoever messing with a married man. My attitude about Rielle does not make JE any less accountable. He's the ultimate one to blame and she falls right next to him ESPECIALLY because she KNOWINGLY went after a man that was married period.

Make up all the excuses you want about what he may or may not have told her. HE WAS MARRIED, she was NOT. SINGLE WOMEN DO NOT go after married men unless they are low life pieces of trash!

Claming that its okay because it goes on all the time is just a way to sweep it under the rug as if there should not be such dire consequences. Infidelity is not something we should treat as a harmless crime because it happens to so many.

First if all... I want a benefactor! Pronto!

I have to agree with Jane in Oz. Not that it's right, but as long as there have been powerful or influential men, there have been women throwing themselves at their feet.
JE just needs to acknowledge and move on. We don't need books or tabloids. This situation should have been handled privately and quietly. Not for the adult players in this drama, but for that beautiful litle girl who will now have to grow up with this scandal over her head.

Wouldn't it have shown more character if he had acknowledged his infidelity, apologized publically to his wife and children? Then he could have supported his child. His denial only makes him that much worse.

Uh...yeah...that SURE looks like his kid! Same shaped head and facial features!

Man...I just feel sorry for Elizabeth. Can you even imagine the pain - and to know you have to stay strong for your health because you have terminal cancer? It would be very difficult for her to leave him now I would think (if she wanted to). She's prolly thinking of her children and trying to give them the best possible life she can because she knows she won't be there for them forever. This is the saddest part about the whole situation IMO. My heart goes out to her.

Exactly my point this child is going to grow up unwanted unloved and feeling like a pawn

That is what eats me up the most.

Lizzybeth that was very sweet of what you said - but you dont have to love and respect all my posts ;) :)

As for Married Man - Single Woman = Trash - well sorry but its not always that simple

As I said who knows what he said to her, he could have said they live seperate lives in the same house but because of his position he could not leave her

We dont know the full story

Of course she could have pursued him knowing he was happily married and entrapped him by getting pregnant

But as we do not know the full story its hard to place judgement

Sometimes things in this life are just not so cut and dry.

This child is the one that should have been protected through out all of this. The wife is going to die, The husband will continue to be a womanizer and louse and the single woman will probably fall into another disatrous relationship

But the child :( thats where my feelings lay

I cannot understand your posts at all. Makes me ponder what has occurred in ‘ones life’ to make ‘one’ want to hurt or vilify the cancer ridden married woman who is completely innocent? :angel2:

I know this was your response to Angelmom and not me. Obviously you feel very strongly about this topic and have some pretty intense feelings about it, but geez...what exactly did you mean by THAT implication?

I suppose we could say the same thing and wonder what has occurred in 'ones life' to make 'one' want to support stoning the other woman to death, as you indicated in your later post.

Please dont anyone, make this personal, I am sure we ALL have things in our lives that make us react to things that happen, the way we do.

I just want some common ground that not everything is cut and dry and when the media is involved presenting it its even less so

I have personal experience with a very similar situation, except that no one was famous.
A couple who were friends with my parents, whose children I babysat when they were small, and who appeared to be very happy had an affair destroy their marriage while the wife was dying from ovarian cancer. As an aside- I honestly do not think he would have cheated if he had KNOWN his wife was sick at the time. Not that it excuses what followed.
For simplicity's sake, let's call the John Edwards cad Ken. Let's call the sick and dying wife ( Elizabeth) Midge. Let's call the other woman cheater Barbie.
(Because Barbie did get her Ken after Midge died).

OK, Ken, who was almost twice Barbie's age ( she was a school mate of mine), cheated on his loyal, kind and faithful wife, Midge.. Barbie and Ken apparently had an ongoing affair because Barbie got pregnant, and tried to pass the baby off as her husband's. Her husband took all of the family assets, the cars, house, etc and deeded them to his mother. His plan was to leave town, and leave Barbie and their two biological pre-schoolers high and dry. ( Which he did do).

But before he left town, just after Midge found out she had ovarian cancer, the jilted husband went to Midge and out of a sense of outrage and misplaced justice, I suppose. He told this incredibly lovely and ill woman that the cute Liddle Kiddle that Barbie gave birth to was Midge's husband's, Ken's child. He gave her extensive details about the two cheaters, their long affair, how she was a fool just like he was not to know, etc.
MAYBE he didn't know how sick she was. MAYBE his rage was so great that he didn't stop to think.

Here's the kicker. I think it COULD apply to the Edwards..
While Midge divorced Ken over the claims of infidelity, she always, for the rest of her life, denied that Barbie's Liddle Kiddle was Ken's love child.
No matter that whatever blood tests existed at the time and which were done while the Liddle Kiddle was still in the hospital nursery after his birth. No matter that as the Kiddle grew, he looked EXACTLY like Ken and Midge's two children when they were babies.
Midge steadfastly refused to believe that Barbie's child was Ken's. Until the day she died. I know because my mother and I both talked to her at various points in her illness. She said she never could understand how Ken could cheat on her when she was sick. Point was, no one knew she was sick at all when the cheating actually occurred.

I've always wondered WHY and HOW she could somehow live with the affair but never admitted what was staring all of us in the face- the physical product of the affair.

Perhaps it has something to do with the sense of injustice that one's spouse created a new life while she was given only months to live?

If anyone understands this acceptance of an affair on one hand and denial of a child's paternity in someone who had NOTHING to lose from acknowledging it, please explain it to me. Everyone knew about the affair after two marriages broke up in very nasty divorces because of it, so it was not as if the Kidlet was the only proof.
Midge and Ken's two children, who were in their late teens, early 20's when this happened, definitely knew the Kiddle was their dad's. They weren't blind or in denial. They also had nothing to lose money wise from the Kiddle's existence, because their dad is still living.

BTW, the Liddle Kiddle discussed is the son of Ken and Barbie and before they split up, they had a daughter together. Both are in HS and being raised by Ken. Barbie stole drugs, lost her profession, her marriage, almost her life. I don't think anyone knows where she is now.

Ken got quite a lot more than he thought he would when he started messing around with Barbie..
Reminds me of the Edwards love child again!!

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Gee, I'm glad I actually read this thread! I saw the title and assumed John Edwards from "Crossing Over" fame! (He being the John Edwards we hear most of over here).

Gee, I'm glad I actually read this thread! I saw the title and assumed John Edwards from "Crossing Over" fame! (He being the John Edwards we hear most of over here).

That was my thought when I first saw the headlines as well. Although I never watched they guys show. Funny how 'media' sticks in our brain...:doh:

I just wish that there was more solidarity among women. I have told married men to buzz off plenty of times and added a few choice words about their dog-like behavior. No way would I knowingly get between a husband and wife, regardless of what their marriage is like. That is none of my business. My own behavior is my business. I have known so many women who told me "but everyone does it" and "you just don't understand, I luuuuuuuuve him" and my personal favorite "sigh..but you can't help who you fall in love with." Yeah, but you can help who you have sex with. And when you start to feel those feelings you can not feed and nurture them by thinking about him, seeking him out and encouraging his attention. And if you do "get him" what have you got? A man who will cheat on you and lie to you and betray you. A real prize. I just feel that if women were not so willing to cross those boundaries, and showed some sisterhood and nurtured self-esteem in one another, there would be less pain caused by affairs. But I live in a dream world sometimes.

I just wish that there was more solidarity among women. I have told married men to buzz off plenty of times and added a few choice words about their dog-like behavior. No way would I knowingly get between a husband and wife, regardless of what their marriage is like. That is none of my business. My own behavior is my business. I have known so many women who told me "but everyone does it" and "you just don't understand, I luuuuuuuuve him" and my personal favorite "sigh..but you can't help who you fall in love with." Yeah, but you can help who you have sex with. And when you start to feel those feelings you can not feed and nurture them by thinking about him, seeking him out and encouraging his attention. And if you do "get him" what have you got? A man who will cheat on you and lie to you and betray you. A real prize. I just feel that if women were not so willing to cross those boundaries, and showed some sisterhood and nurtured self-esteem in one another, there would be less pain caused by affairs. But I live in a dream world sometimes.

I totally agree with you. It is the woman's fault too. Men can only go as far as a woman allows them to go.

Eve

I think it is interesting that he announced his candidacy, THEN told his wife about the affair.

She asked him to pull out of the race. He refused.

He's lucky he wasn't married to me, because he would have been the one puking from fear!

I agree Angelmom. I would have threatened him with a nasty divorce around campaign time or at least let it be known what kind of man he really was. I say that but then I put up with a cheating husband for way too long. It's difficult.

It's morbid to say but I hope she leaves all the royalties from her book to her children and old John sees nothing of it. Better yet, I hope Elizabeth lives a long and hopefully healthy life.

Well, at least this eliminates the need for a Paternity test.

I think she should get a paternity test just so she has proof in black and white and then she should take Edwards to court for Child Support and include Day Care right along with it. She does need to go to work so that she can take care of her little girl without depending on anyone else. I would throw in college too while I was at it.

To me, it doesn't matter who was right or wrong...well it does...they were both wrong...BUT..the thing right now is to see that the baby is provided for and has what it needs. We can call her names and him names but that isn't helping that little girl. She is the one in the middle. She is his responsibility too and he should be doing what he should have been doing all along. His wife is aware of the baby so he wouldn't have to sneak money behind her back. If he is any kind of man at all he will see that this baby is taken care of. The mom shouldn't even have to take him to court :furious:

I feel for Edward's wife. His whole focus should have been on her and the battle she has been fighting. Shame on him. Guess he was thinking with his lower half instead of with his head.

To think I wanted him for President at one time. Scum bucket.

You know, I often wonder how it is that men like the John Edwardses of the world - and he's one of the famous ones, but I am talking also about the countless non-famous ones - seem to have such a disconnect on what is and is not ethical behavior.

Why is it that I think that if you asked John Edwards point blank "Are you an ethical person in life?" that his answer would likely be "Yes, I am." And Elliott Spitzer and Bill Clinton and John Kennedy would probably have answered in the affirmative.

But are they ethical men? Is screwing around on your spouse an ethical thing to do?

And if a man is capable of this kind of blatently unethical behavior, why would we not think he is capable of other types of unethical behavior?

I, personally, am damned tired of the so-called "disconnect" that seems to exist about cheating on a spouse. Like, "Oh, he's a wonderful, upstanding, ethical person - except that he cheats on his wife."

The fidelity issue is basic, basic, basic in terms of ethical behavior.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrainbow85
Back