John Edward's Love Child - Tell me this ISN'T his kid

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Washington (CNN) -- Former U.S. Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina has admitted that he fathered a girl with his mistress.

"I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves," Edwards said in a statement.

The former 2008 Democratic presidential candidate previously denied that he was the girl's father.

(snip)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/21/edwards.baby/index.html?hpt=T2

The only reason he is admitting this now is because his former campaign aide, Andrew Young, who originally said he was the father as a favor to Edwards, has written a book and is going on 20/20 and Good Morning America soon. Edwards probably thought he better admit paternity before all of Andrew Young's TV appearances.

BTW, according to this article from Fox below, John and Elizabeth have separated. I don't know if that's true or not because it has only been mentioned in this one article.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/21/report-john-edwards-set-admit-paternity-love-child/

Washington (CNN) -- Former U.S. Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina has admitted that he fathered a girl with his mistress.

"I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves," Edwards said in a statement.

The former 2008 Democratic presidential candidate previously denied that he was the girl's father.

(snip)

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/21/edwards.baby/index.html?hpt=T2
Now that's a big surprise. LOL.
The child looks just like him.

Good Lord, what a mess. What fun for this child, hmmm.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Elizabeth Edwards says their marriage is a great love story. Yuck.

I dont feel it is a great love story. :sick:
It is true: your marriage vows are for better or worse, in sickness and in health....John obviously forgot all of it.
I think its the typical politician thing, get married, have the big showy wedding, the 3 kids. Look real family man type......
Elizabeh, if she things this is a great love story, she is in denial. A husband who cheats on his wife who has med probs is the lowest in my
book
She didnt need this stress on top of dealing with her cancer.
Why dont these guys who want girlfriends like John E and Tiger W just stay BACHELORS?

An excerpt from an interview Edwards apparently gave ABC news some time ago,

Edwards blamed the affair on the adulation surrounding his remarkable rise into presidential politics.

"I went from being a senator, a young senator to being considered for vice president, running for president, being a vice presidential candidate and becoming a national public figure. All of which fed a self-focus, an egotism, a narcissism that leads you to believe that you can do whatever you want. You're invincible. And there will be no consequences."

Not to turn this into the political forum, but the narcissism he mentions seems to be a common problem in the political world!

wow, 17K a mo and he built them a house? She made out pretty good.
Elizabeth should be shopping around for a DIVORCE attourney, a good one:)

Child support of $17,000 * 12 = $204,00 per year. This baby must go through a lot of food, clothes, toys and diapers!

He's a piece of trash.. I hope Elizabeth left him. I was appalled by her Oprah interview & how she blew off the affair.

He's a piece of trash.. I hope Elizabeth left him. I was appalled by her Oprah interview & how she blew off the affair..

There was a time I felt sorry for Elizabeth. After she wrote a book and appeared on TV, the sympathy disappeared. IMO she's either living in a surreal world or trying to protect her monetary interests. All I can add is the amazement that Reile is living nearby. Do you suppose John is "supporting" both women?

I do feel bad for her still.. To have your hubby cheat & get someone pregnant while you have cancer is the lowest of lows. When I saw her on Oprah it disgusted me especially when she said the baby has nothing to do with her or her children.

I'm still unsure of why she wrote the book; I did not read it. I don't know if it was to humiliate him or what. I think what would have made me happier was to hear she kicked him out back then.

I wish I knew more about her diagnosis; other then she is terminal or supposedly. I may understand more if she was staying for her kids so that when she passed they don't have to be moved again.

I don't know how else Elizabeth could have handled the pain and humiliation of this mess and still hold her head high. She is not at fault here.

I have come to DESPISE John Edwards and I hope that he winds up with his bimbo when Elizabeth is gone. I can't think of a better punishment for him.

I don't know how else Elizabeth could have handled the pain and humiliation of this mess and still hold her head high. She is not at fault here.

I have come to DESPISE John Edwards and I hope that he winds up with his bimbo when Elizabeth is gone. I can't think of a better punishment for him.

Oh I can...no bimbo and hefty child support.

I saw on TV yesterday that Edwards had contacted the White House and stated that he wanted to go to Haiti and help the people. The White House said Fuggetaboutit! :) IMO Edwards needs to stay out of the public eye for awhile, maybe even forever. He is a dou**bag...he was impregnating his mistress around the same time he and Elizabeth were renewing their vows for their 30th anniversary. She should have kicked him to the curb a long time ago. :furious:

He is a complete and utter phony...

My second cousin lives in NC now...she was out with friends before this was news and saw him tomcatting around...these are young girls, they were disgusted by him.

There is a "suggestion" that the Edwards are separated.

Elizabeth shouldn't settle for a separation. She deserves a divorce from this scumball. Can you imagine how close he was to being in the White House?

I heard today (on the View possibly) that they are living separately now. My heart goes out to Elizabeth as she has two little kids too, is battling cancer and really hoped it would all just go away I'm sure.

She told Oprah that she had asked him for one promise when they were young and that was to always be true to her. What woman doesn't want that but she had actually made a point to let him know how much it meant to her and he agreed. Then he had to stick it to her and break his promise. Low, low, low.

Never have expectations of others so you won't be disappointed and hope for the best. People are so often not what they seem to be.

I really think he has been tom catting around for years and his wife knew but was hoping to make it to the White house.Many wives of men in power know what their men are up to and do not care unless it becomes public.IMO I lost all respect for Elizabeth after she went on Oprah.Calling that baby it,that child is the only innocent one between them.As for her cancer many suffer from it and live full lives.IMO they used her disease for votes.She has money and I am sure she has the best medical care available to her much better then most have.I have no sympathy for either of them karma can be a b#tch.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back