JonBenet's Dream Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would an intruder bring a piece of duct tape with him that has been already used before?And how did PR's red fibers get on it??

He didn't bring a piece of used duct tape. It was a roll, and he tore off the piece, and took the rest of the roll with him.

Good question about the red fibers. Patsy had a black and red jacket on.....and only red fibers came off of it? They took a santa suit in as evidence. I question if the suit in some way was part of the crime.

He didn't bring a piece of used duct tape. It was a roll, and he tore off the piece, and took the rest of the roll with him.

madeleine's question refers to the possibility that the piece of tape was a used piece that had been taken off of something else.

Good question about the red fibers. Patsy had a black and red jacket on.....and only red fibers came off of it?

Last I knew, the fibers came from the sweater, which was all-red, not the jacket.

And also need to keep in mind this duct tape wasn't sticky no evidence on JonBenet's mouth....If it was sticky tape residue would have been found..So safe to say it didn't get torn of the roll....

You are welcome madeleine, the experts done said the tape wasn't sticky so there for couldn't possibly came from a torn piece off the roll and how would the intruder get PR's red sweater fibers on the tape...See these are the things that no explaination can be given cause there is none except PR was around the duct tape...

Throwing this in cause this just got me wondering...Jr said in his April 1997 interview they planned to leave at 6:30am by taxi to the private jet..now this is the first time Minneapolis was brought up..On the morning of Dec 26,1996 the R's always said Michigan...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/7615/update.html

One year later, during the first week of May, 2001; detective Lou Smit presented his intruder theory on the Today Show. He stated that the DNA, found in the panties and under JonBenet's fingernails, did not match John or Burke Ramsey and indicated an intruder. He said that the hair found on the blanket was also an indication of an intruder. It has been stated that the DNA in JonBenet's panties and under her finger nails was several days old and degraded. While Smit believed the hair found on the blanket belonged to an intruder, it has subsequently been identified as belonging to Patsy Ramsey. Molecular biologist Melissa Weber of CellMark Laboratories consulted several detectives after CellMark analyzed the DNA. Steve Thomas and Deputy DA DeMuth were at this meeting, Lou Smit was not. Steve Thomas said that Melissa Weber stated that the analysis showed the possibility that there may be DNA of another person mixed in with JonBenet's DNA found in the panties and under her fingernails. However, this foreign DNA could be the result of a false positive (stutter). Melissa Weber went on to say that if there were two sources of DNA and they were mixed together, then no one could be excluded. This is contrary to Lou Smit's statement that John and Burke had been excluded. Shortly after the meeting with Weber, Deputy DA DeMuth announced that the DNA did not match John Ramsey's DNA. While technically a true statement, a better statement would have been, "No DNA match is possible under present technology". st268

When CellMark Laboratories was given the job of testing the DNA under JonBenet's fingernails and in her panties, there wasn't enough DNA to test, so they had to grow more DNA from the small sample they did have. The process of growing more DNA from a small sample is called PCR amplification. Unfortunately, when you don't have a perfect sample, the DNA is old,degraded or damaged, the imperfect DNA is amplified also. Sometimes, this imperfect DNA, or non-matching DNA, gives a false impression that another persons DNA is mixed in with the sample. Having additional markers is a common problem with PCR amplification. Scientist call this problem, stuttering or shadow bands.

When the DNA under the fingernails and in the panties was tested there were more markers than there should have been. What caused these extra markers? Was it an indicator of an intruder's DNA mixed in with JonBenet's, or was it caused by amplifying degraded DNA (stutter bands). In the two samples, the location of the extra DNA markers should match exactly if the DNA under her fingernails and in her panties came from the same person, but they don't match. Since they do not match, you will have to conclude that there were two intruders or the mismatch was caused by the stutter effect. If the stutter (Amplifying degraded DNA) effect is responsible for the extra markers, then there was no intruder and there is no foreign DNA.

SuperDave wrote:
Well, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? If the instruments were contaminated, who knows where the touch DNA came from?

I don`t buy that the touch DNA was a result of contamination- the coroner must have had at least clean gloves on. I don`t believe the touch DNA came from some contaminated knife.

SuperDave wrote:
Except that Fleet White told the cops HE put the suitcase there.

Yes, but where did he take it from? How much did he move it? Didn`t he say that he saw the suitcase under the window initially. But I`m not thinking the killer entered or exited through the window anymore.

SuperDave wrote:
Depends on who you ask. The former housekeeper said that PR had gotten in the habit of hitting JB. Said she heard her screaming in the bathroom.

JB`s doctor didn`t see signs of abuse and I don`t think anyone else for that matter. "Gotten in the habit of hitting JB", right..Are we talking about LH-P? Did she say this in a police interview or what, and how long after the murder? She certainly held resentment towards the R´s.
"Lawyers for a former housekeeper of Patsy Ramsey will attempt to prove in their $50 million civil lawsuit that Patsy murdered her daughter. "

SuperDave wrote:
Foreign DNA is questionable, we have prices for duct tape and cord on PR's credit card receipt, the baseball bat and flashlight were most likely theirs, the shoeprint was matched to BR years ago...and we have, and I quote, elaborate staging.

Didn`t know about the cord price. Did the receipt show exactly the same prices, and were there other items in that store (what was it`s name) that had the same price? Where is the reliable source for the shoeprint being Burke`s, and Burke owning hi tech- boots? The shoeprints don`t necessarily mean anything since people were in the basement, but it`s misleading to say there are no footprints of an intruder if the prints are not actually identified(not to say you`ve said that).

SuperDave wrote:
Only about 5% of adults. Moreover, there used to be a side-by-side chart comparing her letters to the RN letters. It was shocking, to say the least.

Sounds strange if you can give exact percents for handwriting, was this 5% a conclusion of the experts?

SuperDave wrote:
It's considerably more complicated than that, Mysteeri. In my case, it helps to remember that the two experts who did the most extensive analyses-Ubowski and Epstein-said she did. Whereas NOBODY was able to say she didn't.

Did Ubowski say that Patsy wrote it, or that she could not be excluded? Epstein seems to be a controversial character. Yes, they were not able to exclude Patsy.

SuperDave wrote:
Little? How do any of us know how much was done to disguise it? Especially since PR was found out to be able to write left-handed.

The letter was long and the handwriting varied little, right? If the handwriting was disguised and Patsy was so skillful, then how can some be so sure it`s an exact match?

SuperDave wrote:
I used to think that too. Until I found out how problem-ridden the field of handwriting examination is. Even Alex Hunter said that he wanted to just scrap the whole expert testimony deal and just let the jury see the charts for themselves. Whatever that does for you.

Ok. I think I`ll "analyze" the RN more for myself, then.

SuperDave wrote:
Well, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? If the instruments were contaminated, who knows where the touch DNA came from?

I don`t buy that the touch DNA was a result of contamination- the coroner must have had at least clean gloves on. I don`t believe the touch DNA came from some contaminated knife.

I'm not saying that was the case. But you have to admit, it's problematic.

SuperDave wrote:
Except that Fleet White told the cops HE put the suitcase there.

Yes, but where did he take it from? How much did he move it? Didn`t he say that he saw the suitcase under the window initially. But I`m not thinking the killer entered or exited through the window anymore.

Then why bother talking about it?

SuperDave wrote:
Depends on who you ask. The former housekeeper said that PR had gotten in the habit of hitting JB. Said she heard her screaming in the bathroom.

JB`s doctor didn`t see signs of abuse and I don`t think anyone else for that matter.

JB's doctor admits he didn't look all that closely.

"Gotten in the habit of hitting JB", right..Are we talking about LH-P? Did she say this in a police interview or what, and how long after the murder? She certainly held resentment towards the R´s.
"Lawyers for a former housekeeper of Patsy Ramsey will attempt to prove in their $50 million civil lawsuit that Patsy murdered her daughter. "

Yes, we ARE talking about her. She said this in the first chapter of a book she was preparing. As for resentment, I'd say she had pretty good reason. She was the first person they threw under the bus. I'm only sorry that the lawyer she chose for that case was such an incompetent.

SuperDave wrote:
Foreign DNA is questionable, we have prices for duct tape and cord on PR's credit card receipt, the baseball bat and flashlight were most likely theirs, the shoeprint was matched to BR years ago...and we have, and I quote, elaborate staging.

Didn`t know about the cord price. Did the receipt show exactly the same prices, and were there other items in that store (what was it`s name) that had the same price?

McGuckin's Hardware. And yes, there were other items in the store with those prices. But it's a hell of a coincidence, isn't it?

Where is the reliable source for the shoeprint being Burke`s, and Burke owning hi tech- boots?

That came from a report back in August of 2002. Apparently, Fleet White's son, Fleet III, told the GJ that BR had those shoes. Fleet White told the police about it as well.

The shoeprints don`t necessarily mean anything since people were in the basement, but it`s misleading to say there are no footprints of an intruder if the prints are not actually identified(not to say you`ve said that).

Glad we got that straight.

SuperDave wrote:
Only about 5% of adults. Moreover, there used to be a side-by-side chart comparing her letters to the RN letters. It was shocking, to say the least.

Sounds strange if you can give exact percents for handwriting, was this 5% a conclusion of the experts?

I believe it was. If memory serves, Ted Widmer gave that 5% figure. More specifically, he was referring to writing "a"s the way they look when they're typed. Moreover, PR was the only person who changed her writing after the killing...

SuperDave wrote:
It's considerably more complicated than that, Mysteeri. In my case, it helps to remember that the two experts who did the most extensive analyses-Ubowski and Epstein-said she did. Whereas NOBODY was able to say she didn't.

Did Ubowski say that Patsy wrote it, or that she could not be excluded?

Well, officially, he said that he thought she did, but he couldn't say so in court. But he told his boss, Pete Mang, that he thought she did. And in 2002, FOX News quoted him as saying that the only thing that kept him from saying she wrote it for sure was that the ink from the pen bled so badly.

Epstein seems to be a controversial character.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean he's a maverick, he certainly is, and he's gained a lot of respect from his colleagues for that. He's also a damn good analyst. I can't find a single person who has ever spoken against his skill, whatever that's worth to you.

Yes, they were not able to exclude Patsy.

RIGHT.

SuperDave wrote:
Little? How do any of us know how much was done to disguise it? Especially since PR was found out to be able to write left-handed.

The letter was long and the handwriting varied little, right?

Something like that. But then, if it was consistently disguised, it wouldn't vary that much, would it?

If the handwriting was disguised and Patsy was so skillful, then how can some be so sure it`s an exact match?

Well, it's not really a question of her being overly skillful. It's about when it became known that she could write with either hand. That wasn't known initially.

SuperDave wrote:
I used to think that too. Until I found out how problem-ridden the field of handwriting examination is. Even Alex Hunter said that he wanted to just scrap the whole expert testimony deal and just let the jury see the charts for themselves. Whatever that does for you.

Ok. I think I`ll "analyze" the RN more for myself, then.

Very good. Sadly, that site I told you about that had the charts isn't available anymore. RiverRat has some. If I can get him to drop by, he could help you out.

So see how can anyone say we have forgien DNA in this case cause more and more it's turning out that we don't...So really now what was DA Lacy thinking...How to mess this case up more...And really if JonBenet's doctor did find signs of abuse would he say anything cause he was friends with the R's...So maybe that could had passed it off on siblings playing doctor....And he sure wouldn't say nothing after her death cause of prior abuse being brought up cause this could mean losing his license for not reporting it....

Lacy's job was to clear the R's not to find the killer.IDI's can disagree as much as they want but it's not only me saying it,it's most of the people who had an opinion on it.(lawyers,prosecutors,journos,list goes on)

IMO

Lacy's job was to clear the R's not to find the killer.IDI's can disagree as much as they want but it's not only me saying it,it's most of the people who had an opinion on it.(lawyers,prosecutors,journos,list goes on)

IMO

Nice to be reminded.

SuperDave wrote:

Well, he didn`t observe suspicious marks on JB, and JB was described as a normal, happy child.

SuperDave wrote:
Yes, we ARE talking about her (LHP). She said this in the first chapter of a book she was preparing. As for resentment, I'd say she had pretty good reason. She was the first person they threw under the bus. I'm only sorry that the lawyer she chose for that case was such an incompetent.

Did she talk about what she saw to anyone prior to the murder? Did she talk about it to the police, say in the first months after the murder? It can`t be just in the book she was preparing..Yes, she would held resentment towards the R´s if she thought they threw her under the bus.

SuperDave wrote:
McGuckin's Hardware. And yes, there were other items in the store with those prices. But it's a hell of a coincidence, isn't it?

It depends on what the other items were and would it be reasonable to think that Patsy bought them.

SuperDave wrote:
That came from a report back in August of 2002. Apparently, Fleet White's son, Fleet III, told the GJ that BR had those shoes. Fleet White told the police about it as well.

Was the size of the shoeprint determined and did it match Burke´s size?

SuperDave wrote:
I believe it was. If memory serves, Ted Widmer gave that 5% figure. More specifically, he was referring to writing "a"s the way they look when they're typed. Moreover, PR was the only person who changed her writing after the killing...

Ok. I`m not convinced about that last part.

SuperDave wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean he's a maverick, he certainly is, and he's gained a lot of respect from his colleagues for that. He's also a damn good analyst. I can't find a single person who has ever spoken against his skill, whatever that's worth to you.

Nevermind what I wrote about Epstein, I didn`t read carefully..I can`t ignore he was convinced that Patsy wrote it.

Something like that. But then, if it was consistently disguised, it wouldn't vary that much, would it?

No, but how would someone be able to detemine it was Patsys handwriting, if the disguising was consistent- I mean how would they know which parts were disguised, which natural? Besides it seems that RDI think the handwriting was shockingly similar to PR, which indicates it was disguised little. Ok, let`s leave this be, I`ll familiarize myself with the RN better before I say anything more.

SuperDave wrote:
Well, it's not really a question of her being overly skillful. It's about when it became known that she could write with either hand. That wasn't known initially.

The handwriting looked a little shaky as I recall, do you or the experts believe Patsy wrote it with the left hand?

SuperDave wrote:
Very good. Sadly, that site I told you about that had the charts isn't available anymore. RiverRat has some. If I can get him to drop by, he could help you out.

Nah, I don`t want to bother anyone (I won`t come up with any break-through. :)). There were some pictures on ACR, I`ll look at them.

SuperDave wrote:

Well, he didn`t observe suspicious marks on JB, and JB was described as a normal, happy child.

Anyone worth his salt would know you don't stop there. Have you ever heard of Child Abuse Accomodation Syndrome? Something like 85% of abused kids show NO behavioral signs at all.

SuperDave wrote:
Yes, we ARE talking about her (LHP). She said this in the first chapter of a book she was preparing. As for resentment, I'd say she had pretty good reason. She was the first person they threw under the bus. I'm only sorry that the lawyer she chose for that case was such an incompetent.

Did she talk about what she saw to anyone prior to the murder? Did she talk about it to the police, say in the first months after the murder? It can`t be just in the book she was preparing..Yes, she would held resentment towards the R´s if she thought they threw her under the bus.

I couldn't say whether she told them or not. I'd heard she told the Grand Jury that.

SuperDave wrote:

It depends on what the other items were and would it be reasonable to think that Patsy bought them.

I don't believe in coincidences.

SuperDave wrote:

Was the size of the shoeprint determined and did it match Burke´s size?

Well, that's the thing, Mysteeri: it wasn't so much a shoe print as it was a logo print.

SuperDave wrote:

Ok. I`m not convinced about that last part.

She was the only person out of all the ones examined who did.

SuperDave wrote:

Nevermind what I wrote about Epstein, I didn`t read carefully..I can`t ignore he was convinced that Patsy wrote it.

Okay.

No, but how would someone be able to detemine it was Patsys handwriting, if the disguising was consistent- I mean how would they know which parts were disguised, which natural?

Writing with your other hand is a form of disguise. I mean, if I tried to write with my left hand, it would be consistently awful, but it would be consistent.

Besides it seems that RDI think the handwriting was shockingly similar to PR, which indicates it was disguised little.

Well, put it this way: the letter was block-printed, which is a fairly uncommon way to write. It matched up with her block-printed exemplars. That's the key.

Ok, let`s leave this be, I`ll familiarize myself with the RN better before I say anything more.

Excellent.

SuperDave wrote:

The handwriting looked a little shaky as I recall, do you or the experts believe Patsy wrote it with the left hand?

I believe AT LEAST some of it was written left-handed. And I know that at least one expert thinks that. Ted Widmer did a comparison test where he superimposed letters from her left-handed writings over the letters of the RN. The result was startling.

SuperDave wrote:

Nah, I don`t want to bother anyone (I won`t come up with any break-through. :)). There were some pictures on ACR, I`ll look at them.

Okay.

Hi James50,

In script there's definitly not as much variation among form, of each individual letter, there's different angles of approach, as each letter is linked to the previous and following letter

in my own natural printed sample font, there's little variation in form of each letter, the variation in form is among the couplets of letters;

as my given name has a few 'a's, I use both forms of lower case 'a' in my font sample; but not consistently, but where I place that typeset 'a' is consistent ... my name, any word begining or ending, with an 'a', the words 'and' 'at'; those repetative 'a' words, but among the dispersion there's the occasional variation, usually midword, because of the anle of approach.

Actually, out of all the font samples I've gathered online, my own personal 'decorative' font, visually, by chance, most resembles that of PR and the rn writer.

Many boys of BR's age then might wear an adult-size shoe. Young girls as well. But the Hi-Tec shoe is commonly worn by LE and workmen as well. The dirt and mold on the wineceller floor was there for a long time. There is no way to tell how long the print was left or when it was made. But that room was used to store Christmas decorations and this was after Christmas. People had walked around in that room shortly before the murder.

Sometimes it would be nice if things like shoe prints could be dated...Just saying...But shoe sizes don't count cause my sons got some feet on them my 11 year old wears size 10 men....

Well the problem here is that Burke Ramsey owned a pair of high tech shoes...So maybe again it as been identified...

Well the problem here is that Burke Ramsey owned a pair of high tech shoes...So maybe again it as been identified...

I'll have to check, but when Tom Wickman was interviewed in late 2006, he certainly acted as though it had been identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back