Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought JB told the media that he did NOT want to try this case in media? Well maybe when it convenient for him I guess. IMO

JB, What about Caylee's constitutional rights? She didn't deserve to have a mother who "lost her" and i think your client needs to answer for that and tell the d@!m TRUTH. And If you CARED in the least about Caylee (remember her)YOU would feel this way TOO!! There are no credible leads, everyone has cell phones==they should be snapping photos...and calling 911! not orange county unless she is spotted here, and YOU know this. JMHO

OK....let me make it clear. My opinion is that Casey is guilty. My assumption is that Casey is guilty. That pretty much sums it up.

Totally cool - and you didn't have to clear that up, I caught that back an hour or so ago! :) I'm with you 100%. Arguing to make sure that there are two sides and 'cause I like making people think, even if it's just for a second. :)

If there was a month script per her story told to LP then she could have shared it with LE on the 16th. Another lie shot in the dark. :bang:So back to the drawing board KC.

OMG.. why did I even listen to his dribble.. ?!!!

"and here's a new one.. child neglect"... Apparently NOT so new Mr. Baez!
"I have family serving in serving in Iraq... and them (sic) men and woman are putting their lives on the line everyday for freedom and for our constititution.. and when our constitution gets trambled on.. it disturbs me greatly.. that to me is probably the most disturbing part of all of this"

WHAT ABOUT CAYLEE????? SHOULDNT THE FACT SHE IS MISSING BE THE MOST DISTURBING PART OF IT ALL?????

I heard he had a murder trial before for a child murderer or something and everybody thought the dude would get off but because of Jose's lack of experience and terrible work he went to prison
Not only that, he was 40 minutes late for his client's court hearing because he was driving Casey home from jail.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, just watched it.

Haven't read any of the other posts, but I must say that JB is going to eat those words. Wonder how he likes his crow cooked?

My personal opinion on his presser is this........a confident defense attorney doesn't try his case to the media, especially after he has cried to the media more than once that LE is trying their case to the media. Good defense attorney's try their cases in court.

:deal: Isn't this the same man that denied that he asked for an immunity deal?

OMG.. why did I even listen to his dribble.. ?!!!

"and here's a new one.. child neglect"... Apparently NOT so new Mr. Baez!
"I have family serving in serving in Iraq... and them (sic) men and woman are putting their lives on the line everyday for freedom and for our constititution.. and when our constitution gets trambled on.. it disturbs me greatly.. that to me is probably the most disturbing part of all of this"

WHAT ABOUT CAYLEE????? SHOULDNT THE FACT SHE IS MISSING BE THE MOST DISTURBING PART OF IT ALL?????

You know, the funny thing about that statement he made is that he obviously does not realize how the military interrogates people. Yeah, Baez, let the military interrogate Casey since you don't like the way LE did it..
I promise you within just a few minutes, they will have the truth..
I have a nephew serving, and literally 2 weeks ago while he was home and I was talking about this case, he said to allow the military to interrogate her, lol..

JB had a motive for making this statement.

Up until now, the pressure has been on him. And he is losing. His client has been arrested and put in jail multiple times. The press is decimating his client and her family. And people working under pressure sometimes makes mistakes.

Baez wants to try to turn the tide. To put the pressure on LE. Note the subliminal attempt to side Casey with 'right' by mentioning the Armed Forces. And challenging LE to charge his client. He is hoping that the public and media will turn on LE and away from his client. Making the public start questioning LE. He is hoping that due to the pressure that LE will make legal/tactical mistakes. If LE is smart, and I think they are.... they will ignore his press statements like the fly speck it is.

BTW despite Baez's statements in public, don't make the mistake of believing that he actually believes his client is telling the truth. I don't think he does. His job is to defend his client against charges, to defend her story and to help her obtain reasonable doubt in any future charges against his client. That doesn't necessarily mean he believes her.

Good post. I think Baez made a serious tactical error in trying to compare Casey's legal situation with soldiers fighting in Iraq. How insulting to have brave servicemen and women mentioned in the same breath as a callous, careless girl who despite an extensive support system and cushy living conditions, couldn't be bothered to keep her own child from harm.

Maybe JB is a pacifist and is trying to end the war by making the soldiers believe they are fighting for Casey. A cease fire would be immediate if they bought into that line. :crazy:

Anybody believe him?

I believe him, he makes valid points. If this were a case with evidence it would be submitted to them for validation. I do also see signs of law enforcement playing games.

Guilty of assuming; but she "did" cry and show emotion - which is what was said she doesn't do.
I think they meant show some concern/emotion for someone other than herself...but I'm assuming.

Authorities are often reluctant to take a case to court without a body because juries are often reluctant to convict without a body. So they may have evidence of a murder, evidence of the suspect, and yet the evidence may be thought insufficient to go to court. Authorities get one chance to get a conviction. There is very seldom a do over. So they will wait and try to recover the remains, even if they have strong evidence.

Weaknesses in the state's case could lead up to reasonable doubt, with what we know so far. No remains, no cause of death, no murder weapon, no witnesses even to when Caylee was last seen or who she was with. And Baez will exploit those to the fullest extent. It doesn't make Casey innocent, but it makes prosecuting her difficult.

Good post. The state's case appears to be weak in specifics right now. Although they could likely convince a jury that Casey was involved in some way in Casey's death (assuming LE really does have definitive evidence from the trunk that Casey is dead) it appears impossible to prove (beyond reasonable doubt) at this point that it was murder or even negligence leading to an accident vs a freak accident and it can't be proven what Casey's role was or whether others might be involved.

Her actions are incredibly suspicious but I think the police cannot quite make the case they want right now so they are trying to find the body and more information.

We obviously don't know everything the cops have but the investigation is likely hampered by the fact that the investgation started 30 days late, KC is possibly the only person who knows anything, and there is no body.

I think LE is messing with her and I think it is a totally legitimate strategy!

I venture to guess he doesn't believe one word she says to him.
Which makes it difficult for him to impress us or the press with his ridiculous statements. More practice in front of a mirror is called for.
IMO

Wonder what is going on with Baez's other clients? All he is seems to be doing is Casey sitting her in his office

Ohhhhh I so hope that LE releases some snippet of evidence tonight to blow JB out of the water on what he said about not having anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back