Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I venture to guess he doesn't believe one word she says to him.
Which makes it difficult for him to impress us or the press with his ridiculous statements. More practice in front of a mirror is called for.
IMO

:clap:

I believe him, he makes valid points. If this were a case with evidence it would be submitted to them for validation. I do also see signs of law enforcement playing games.
That is the biggest assumption by those who accuse others of making assumptions. LE could very well have enough to bring charges. Just because they have not chosen to do so to this point tells you nothing. They could very well want to gather more evidence and make sure they have the strongest case possible in order to ensure conviction. That doesn't mean there isn't enough to bring charges at this point. You can call it playing games but someone else could call it tactical. This isn't a game to them, I assure you.

OMG.. why did I even listen to his dribble.. ?!!!

"and here's a new one.. child neglect"... Apparently NOT so new Mr. Baez!
"I have family serving in serving in Iraq... and them (sic) men and woman are putting their lives on the line everyday for freedom and for our constititution.. and when our constitution gets trambled on.. it disturbs me greatly.. that to me is probably the most disturbing part of all of this"

WHAT ABOUT CAYLEE????? SHOULDNT THE FACT SHE IS MISSING BE THE MOST DISTURBING PART OF IT ALL?????

How did he acquire a LAW DEGREE with that poor english?

Any defense lawyer who expects to wheel & deal, to plea bargain on behalf of the client, knows that any experienced prosecutor will, as a courtesy, run the deal past LE to see if it's "OK with them." It's off the record, behind the scenes, perfectly ethical, perfectly legal.

Baez has lessened his own effectiveness ; That is a huge strategic blunder.

jmo
:smiliescale:

snipped for space :)

He has....which leads you to wonder why? Obvious the State (with LE urging) will be pursuing the max anyway....or he knows what happened otherwise and so any evidence they will try to present can be refuted and disproved for death.

Maybe JB is a pacifist and is trying to end the war by making the soldiers believe they are fighting for Casey. A cease fire would be immediate if they bought into that line. :crazy:

JB is an interesting guy.. he talks crap for 10 minutes and it's such crap that he can't even stay on track and then as soon as someoneone wants to ask him something he says "I'm going to get my client and do right thing".

Yeah JB, go right ahead and get your client out of jail and bring her right back to the "protesting" you were just discussing. If that man had any sense in his head or cared about her family in anyway he would leave her there OR work his a$$ off to make it so she could go elsewhere while out on bond. Instead he sits with her hubbed up in his office for 6-8 hours a day and then sends her back to the protesters.

Good post. The state's case appears to be weak in specifics right now. Although they could likely convince a jury that Casey was involved in some way in Casey's death (assuming LE really does have definitive evidence from the trunk that Casey is dead) it appears impossible to prove (beyond reasonable doubt) at this point that it was murder or even negligence leading to an accident vs a freak accident and it can't be proven what Casey's role was or whether others might be involved.

Her actions are incredibly suspicious but I think the police cannot quite make the case they want right now so they are trying to find the body and more information.

We obviously don't know everything the cops have but the investigation is likely hampered by the fact that the investgation started 30 days late, KC is possibly the only person who knows anything, and there is no body.

I think LE is messing with her and I think it is a totally legitimate strategy!

Prosecuting attorneys are well known for not wanting to take cases to court without a body.

But don't make the mistake of believing that all that LE has is what we know. They have released some, to keep the pressure on Casey. But I don't think we know all that they have. I would guess that they have a lot more evidence that they haven't released.

LOL as far as messing with her. She began the game with the inital lies, she shouldn't complain now just because LE is actually playing with her.

JB is an interesting guy.. he talks crap for 10 minutes and it's such crap that he can't even stay on track and then as soon as someoneone wants to ask him something he says "I'm going to get my client and do right thing".

Yeah JB, go right ahead and get your client out of jail and bring her right back to the "protesting" you were just discussing. If that man had any sense in his head or cared about her family in anyway he would leave her there OR work his a$$ off to make it so she could go elsewhere while out on bond. Instead he sits with her hubbed up in his office for 6-8 hours a day and then sends her back to the protesters.

Yeah, his client really needs to get back to work at her job at Universal Studios and get on with her life and her 'investigation' at Fusion.

JB says;
LE= the big bad wolf
KC= little red riding hood
Caylee= got stolen along the way
to all of us, tax payers, soldiers, journalists, etc = WATCH OUT FOR THE BIG BAD WOLF!
JB= Knight in shining armor, he does look like he's losing weight, or is it just a good suit?

I believe him, he makes valid points. If this were a case with evidence it would be submitted to them for validation. I do also see signs of law enforcement playing games.

The evidence has been submitted for the charges that are now standing. The other evidence does exist, per law enforcement, that Caylee was in the trunk of Casey's car deceased..that quote has already been in this thread..it was not an un-named source it was a sargent from the OCSO.

Evidence for Caylee's murder will not in any way be submitted before she is charged. It will only be submitted after she is charged and then through discovery motions by her attorney. Until such time LE has no need to ,nor does any law state they have to, submit evidence for Caylee's murder as they receive that evidence. They don't have to release it until they are told by the court to release it..and her attorney can't petition for evidence, as in a motion, until his client is charged for that specific crime.

The one thing any attorney in his position learns quickly is that YOU DO NOT make LE your enemy.
He seems so inexperienced to me. He is not going to do his client or himself any favors by continuing to put LE in a bad light.

My thoughts exactly... Thanks for expressing them for me! :clap:

That is the biggest assumption by those who accuse others of making assumptions. LE could very well have enough to bring charges. Just because they have not chosen to do so to this point tells you nothing. They could very well want to gather more evidence and make sure they have the strongest case possible in order to ensure conviction. That doesn't mean there isn't enough to bring charges at this point. You can call it playing games but someone else could call it tactical. This isn't a game to them, I assure you.

My intentions are never to accuse or bash anyone for anything ever. There are only two points that I take a strong stance on. 1. When I see that people who are not persons of interest and victims in this case are bashed. I feel like they dont get fair support. I KNOW they have said things that are completely out there. I feel for them..... they are hurting. 2. LE being portrayed as "knights for justice" in this case. I think they did a fair job of interviewing and investigating from what is shown. But a LOT is left out. They are using their power to create a public one sided opinion of this case.

I will say again (a little more PC for those who were offended) my OPINION is that Jose has valid points and LE is playing games. "TACTICAL GAMES" if it pleases you. Tell me why they would need to use tactics to aggravate someone on a case that they had sufficient evidence for? Either way I guess IMO it does not appear to be working. Maybe they can find a better use for their time.

Quoting Jb "I would implore you as responsible journalists to question what's going on here"
"Wasting your tax dollars and your resources"

????????
OMG- I respond by saying the only people who believe investigating Caylee's disappearance is a waste of resources and tax money are KC and the Anthony family. I have followed this case since it's beginning, and I can't ever remember being as angry or as appalled as I do after listening to this BS. He is accusing LE of grandstanding and hiding information...... all the while ignoring the fact that his client has done nothing but deceive and lie to anyone who has tried to find her daughter.

And then he has the nerve to pull the whole "uphold the Constitution" by complaining Casey's rights have been violated. Am I supposed to feel anything but contempt for this man? What about Caylee's constitutional right to live? Who will fight for her rights? Certainly not her own mother or family. If I were KC and JB, I'd stop worrying about the power of the State of Florida, and start worring about the Wrath of God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, somebody tell me that in the end, good still triumphs over evil? Am I the only one whose reacted with anger and disbelief? To blame LE's tactics and to question the ethics of those detectives tells me this man either has no more grasp on reality than Cindy and George or is as soulless as KC.
I hope this little ploy of his has the exact opposite effect he was looking for. If I had even the smallest bit of empathy and compassion for KC and her family, hearing the arrogance of JB's words just obliterated it.

I need a drink..... and I don't drink.

The one thing any attorney in his position learns quickly is that YOU DO NOT make LE your enemy.
He seems so inexperienced to me. He is not going to do his client or himself any favors by continuing to put LE in a bad light.

I agree. I also noticed that he wasn't admitted to the FL Bar Assn. until 2005. He's a rookie.

I think they meant show some concern/emotion for someone other than herself...but I'm assuming.

The poster was referring to my post and yes you are assuming correctly. Has she shown any concern/emotion for anyone else - nope, imo. Still looking for a video where she is shedding a tear for Caylee....:waitasec:

Thanks MiraclesHappen for this link! Okay, I have only one comment (shocking right!)

It has been PROVEN to me that he does not tell the truth (meaning "There is no immunity deal" said JB) and then we see the fax about the immunity.:eek:

I don't believe a word he says.

Right! JB is as big a liar as his client, which is a match made in heaven. Therefore, he loses all credibility with me... Thanks, Lovejac for pointing that out...
:blowkiss:

Oh man, he is REALLY good at what he does huh?
I just hope that his 'Tactics' don't work with the public as he has no RIGHT to get everything that the LE has until she is officially charged. I agree that he said that he is not intimidating at least a thousand times. lol
He is trying to lead the public to believe that his client has rights?
Someone needs to ask him "what's your point?" lol
what a bunch of hog wash this man has to give out.
I think he needs to inform the public that, because there are so many seperate check and fraud charges that the LE has to do them one by one as they need to get all of the documentation and it does take time. They can't do it all at once as they are all seperate. there is KC and there is the bank, the stores, Amys account, etc etc.

Also on his comments that people should get arrested at the house. YEP! they should.
I am hoping that LE picks up on that and arrests George for the charges pressed on him and for everytime that a hammer was swung at someone.
I also agree about the protestors being arrested also IF they touch someone.
This man is sooooo stupid to think, he is not CHALLENGING law enforcement here.
DUMB DUMB DUMB He is going to make this worse in the long run for his client and her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back