Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't disagree, to me she seems very callous and self righteous; but hey, a lot of things happen when you're thrust in to the spotlight. The videos of her and Caylee she didn't seem like that -- so I dunno. Too much thinking involved with this case.

She's an actor, like "her friend" Juliet Lewis.
Plus, sociopaths are good actors.

You're right, but, I think there's a little twist to it. I think JB wants the ongoing investigation to be separate from the charges that KC is facing now. LE is weaving everything together, and he's trying to defend her against what she's facing now versus later down the road. Does that make sense?

No one else facing these check fraud things would have it done like this. 3 seperate arrests for things they knew at the time of the first? They are overstepping a little (though, warranted if you intertwine the investigations - not so much if you don't).

Is that less argumentative and more readable?

Sure they are overstepping a little, their cops.. it's what they do, that and lying to try and get people to confess.

much less and much more. it looks much better on you that's for sure!

Well I hate that I even clicked on that link and watched Jose's little "news conference".
Now why did he have to go and stand there giving a big lecture?
It would have been much more professional for him to say" No comment".
Ah, he loves the media attention as much as some of the others!

He's "guiding" his client, huh? I hope while he's guiding , he will guide her to tell where she dumped her little girl.

LE may not have worn KC down yet, but I sure think they've worn Baez down.:woohoo:

Exactly!!! That is what a professional atty would do . . .

Well, I just watched the press conference and must say Baez looked like a joke. IMO, you sure can tell he was only admitted into the Florida bar in 2005, maybe he could bring in another, more experienced Attorney to help him. After his statement about no immunity deal being discussed, and the subsequent release of the emails proving such, he's better than the Saturday Funnies!

Paladine- funny you should mention that.... Anyone have any thoughts as to why Mike Walsh is suddenly absent??

You're right, but, I think there's a little twist to it. I think JB wants the ongoing investigation to be separate from the charges that KC is facing now. LE is weaving everything together, and he's trying to defend her against what she's facing now versus later down the road. Does that make sense?
(snipped)

Of course it's all woven together. They really can't just drag a grimy illegal check writing little paw (apologies to all canines) into Court and leave the rest of Casey out of it.

They are investigating her activities. She is one person; It's all interwoven.

Baez need a quick tutorial to remind him that he just isn't going to dictate any part of this investigation whether it's order of business, testing etc. He's outta that loop.

jmo

Paladine- funny you should mention that.... Anyone have any thoughts as to why Mike Walsh is suddenly absent??

Hey Blink! Who's Mike Walsh? Is he one of the attorney's in JB's office?

Let's try this again.

Keep the discussion on topic which is the news briefing earlier today.

Refer to the people involved by their names or initials and not silly nicknames.

Do not accuse any member of anything. Period. Discuss the topic not each other.

Regarding the News Briefing by Attorney Baez - I feel that Jose's mentioning of not being intimidated sooooo many times can only lead me to believe that clearly he is intimidated.

The whole time I watched that, I was imagining one of those "tv funhouse " cartoons. I wish we had a talented person who could make up one of those with this in the back ground. could be hilllllllllllarious.

Baez should look at it like this, his client did not help out LE at all and actually lead they on wils chases from all the lies. He should not expect LE to give her what they would give someone who is helping. She is getting what she gets for not helping them. Baez should not complain.

here's a question, baez....tell me, why is it NOT ok for LE to present evidence outside a courtroom, but it's ok for you to present your defense to the whole world??? If it's not evidence YET, why are you DEFENDING it?????? go back under your rock.

I would like to know with all of the working hrs he and casey are putting into the case prepping for defense against LE, just how much time are they putting into finding out where Caylee is? That seems to be what he left out in his speech. Oh yeah, not important I guess. Caylee sure needs a lawyer, everyone has one except her.

I would like to know with all of the working hrs he and casey are putting into the case prepping for defense against LE, just how much time are they putting into finding out where Caylee is? That seems to be what he left out in his speech. Oh yeah, not important I guess. Caylee sure needs a lawyer, everyone has one except her.

I think so too!! This little girl needs a guardian appointed to represent her rights.

I just went back and watched this again. I was struck how Baez was saying that the tactics LE is using aren't working "on me or my client" Well, it appears to me as if they are working.
Why else would JB feel the need to comment on them.

IMO the taxpayers dollars are only being wasted following up leads and fake addresses and people that don't exist. If his client told the truth in the first place he wouldn't be making these statements.

Casey could not ask for a more sympathetic att'y; he is a perfect fit for her more than wayward personality and I believe he is competent. His aggressive statements are understandable in the face of what is now public opinion regarding his client and the case. I like his attitude and I respect what he is doing. HOWEVER, I find him a most unfortunate party to this case because he drives the truth deeper out of sight and reach. The more he encourages & commiserates with Casey, the more she feels her stubborn false front and deception about the crime are working. A no nonsense lawyer who saw through her and valued the credibility of his representations more protectively could demand more from his client and get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back