Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone actually believe Jose Baez believes Casey Anthony did not do away with Caylee ? Baez is to Casey Anthony as Geragos is to Scott Peterson as Johnny Cochran is to O.J. Simpson. This is all just a publicity ploy for him to get his name in the media as much as possible.

I just went back and watched this again. I was struck how Baez was saying that the tactics LE is using aren't working "on me or my client" Well, it appears to me as if they are working.
Why else would JB feel the need to comment on them.
amen CC!!! Baez is getting discovery only on the little economic charges but nothing yet on the one charge that he really wants to start working on....the murder charge. I say hats off to LE for taking their time to build a tight case and exerting pressure on the POI in any way they can....as this is about getting Casey to tell what really happened in June 2008 to her daughter.

Was Baez trying to say that the economic crimes were insignificant and not impt, and that LE just arrested her on these charges because they COULD? Um, helloo-

She broke the law. They have proof of that. They can arrest her anytime they want on those charges- they would arrest you or I of those charges. They are just lucky because they know who the forger is- she handed herself to them on a silver platter b/c of her shennanigans with Caylee, and stealing from ppl who could prove she stole.

I call BS on this argument, JB!

I love that his and Joel Brodsky's initials are the same- That way I won't mix them up (oh wait- that'll never happen- they are the same person!)

I would like to know with all of the working hrs he and casey are putting into the case prepping for defense against LE, just how much time are they putting into finding out where Caylee is? That seems to be what he left out in his speech. Oh yeah, not important I guess. Caylee sure needs a lawyer, everyone has one except her.
Caylee who?:mad:

Does anyone actually believe Jose Baez believes Casey Anthony did not do away with Caylee ? Baez is to Casey Anthony as Geragos is to Scott Peterson as Johnny Cochran is to O.J. Simpson. This is all just a publicity ploy for him to get his name in the media as much as possible.
As much as I dislike Geragos, nor was I crazy about Johnny Cochran, Baez is not in the same league as either of them, Johnny Cochran was a brilliant attorney (whether you agree with how he defended OJ or not) Geragos was and is a lot smarter than Baez. Baez is way over his head with this case he does not have enough experience and he certawinly is not smart enough. No attorney would alienate the LE the way he is, very very dumb move.

His feelings are sooo hurt by the way everybody treats his "client". Boo Hoo Hoo. It makes you wonder whats really goin on!

As much as I dislike Geragos, nor was I crazy about Johnny Cochran, Baez is not in the same league as either of them, Johnny Cochran was a brilliant attorney (whether you agree with how he defended OJ or not) Geragos was and is a lot smarter than Baez. Baez is way over his head with this case he does not have enough experience and he certawinly is not smart enough. No attorney would alienate the LE the way he is, very very dumb move.

Totally!!!

Baez,
Your client lied to investigators about her personal life and more importantly about the circumstances surrounding the disappearence of her daughter. LAW 101 --- DO NOT LIE TO POLICE OFFICERS! DO NOT STEAL OR COMMITT FRAUD...LE DOES NOT LIKE THAT! MORE IMPORTANTLY, DO NOT "LOSE" YOUR CHILD AND IF YOU DO, DON'T LIE ABOUT HOW IT HAPPENNED.
Jose, I'm sorry that living in the state of Florida you had to attend a barely recongnizable university... sorry that you did not get into UM, UF or FSU...really I am. Unfortunately, I am sure you are going to have to swallow your pride and most of your words.
Another Tip? wait to speak until you have all the facts so you don't have to insert thy foot in thy mouth. Good attorneys have learned this and are careful not to do it.
Lastly, I love how you try to explain away why you spend all those hours with one client! that was beautiful! thanks.
Good Luck!
Manatee

Agreed, Cochran was a brilliant attorney - although I think Simpson would have been convicted with a different jury. I would not be surprised to see the Anthonys retain a more experienced lawyer should KC go to trial for murder.

Agreed, Cochran was a brilliant attorney - although I think Simpson would have been convicted with a different jury. I would not be surprised to see the Anthonys retain a more experienced lawyer should KC go to trial for murder.

I would say let's hope they do....but Baez is great! I will enjoy seeing him struggle. I loved him last time with his "the cadaver dogs missed 2/2!" whatever! His logic is really twisted yet funny... a good attorney may make me even angrier.

I'm sure they would want to but I really don't think that the Anthony's have that kind of money. They would have to hire a damn good attorney if she faces murder charges and they are very expensive.

:clap:
Baez,
Your client lied to investigators about her personal life and more importantly about the circumstances surrounding the disappearence of her daughter. LAW 101 --- DO NOT LIE TO POLICE OFFICERS! DO NOT STEAL OR COMMITT FRAUD...LE DOES NOT LIKE THAT! MORE IMPORTANTLY, DO NOT "LOSE" YOUR CHILD AND IF YOU DO, DON'T LIE ABOUT HOW IT HAPPENNED.
Jose, I'm sorry that living in the state of Florida you had to attend a barely recongnizable university... sorry that you did not get into UM, UF or FSU...really I am. Unfortunately, I am sure you are going to have to swallow your pride and most of your words.
Another Tip? wait to speak until you have all the facts so you don't have to insert thy foot in thy mouth. Good attorneys have learned this and are careful not to do it.
Lastly, I love how you try to explain away why you spend all those hours with one client! that was beautiful! thanks.
Good Luck!
Manatee
One thing that bugged me as well is he kept saying ECONOMIC crimes like he was trying to trivialize the situation. His client is a liar, a thief and quite possibly a murderer. His whole rant is just so disingenuous!!:slap:

Is JB accusing LE of using certain tactics in the child neglect and economic charges or is he referring to future murder charges? Looks to me like all they have to defend with is by saying that all the tests and dogs aren't reliable and that Caylee is alive. The family can't even publicly grieve or acknowledge a death because that is Casey's only defense in any of the charges.

:clap:
One think that bugged me as well is he kept saying ECONOMIC crimes like he was trying to trivialize the situation. His client is a liar, a thief and quite possibly a murderer. His whole rant is just so disingenuous!!:slap:

Xactly!!! Thats what I was sayin'!!

I'm sure they would want to but I really don't think that the Anthony's have that kind of money. They would have to hire a damn good attorney if she faces murder charges and they are very expensive.
You mean like Mark NeJame?

Maybe they can get a group rate, assuming of course that the parents aren't prosecuted for obstruction or perjury themselves and their legal interests don't conflict with Miss Casey's.

He sounded pretty good - if you are a dummy and are willing to ignore the fact that she stole and lied to le and didn't tell anyone that her child was missing for 31 days and went to nightclubs and partied in order to search for her and oh, I forgot - shows no remorse for "misplacing" her child or for stealing from her best friend or leading le on a wild goose chase. I think Jose is very worried about just what le has and is attempting to push the media and the public into putting pressure on le to release it to him - they will, when they are good and ready - in the mean time KC and Jose will just have to sweat!

Orange County investigators said they are not using check fraud charges to put pressure on Anthony to tell them if she knows anything about her daughter Caylee's whereabouts.

"We're not the ones that are writing bad checks and falsifying ID. She did that," Carlos Padilla of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17482537/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back