Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Omgosh...what a way to turn it around and try to make the public angry at LE.

NEWS FLASH!! THIS JUST IN! ATTN: JOSE BAEZ!
~Your client is what is making the public angry~
~WHERE IS CAYLEE?~

It is funny he is calling all the leaks garbage yet he files a motion questioning testing........just leaks huh?

I don't like Casey at all, and think she probably murdered Caylee. But, I think she deserves competent representation and a fair trial. JB is not giving her anything close to competent representation. IMOO

Him and Casey are together almost everyday for at least 6 hrs. so they will probably watch it together. :rolleyes: he he he

yea and they will probably be high fiving each other. They are each others cheerleaders.

How DARE he made that statment, has anyone remembered theres a child missing?.........yea, his client sure seemed not to for 30 days and partying away and sleeping with boyfriend, living the "beautiful life" while little Caylee was missing.:furious: He needs to ask the correct person THAT question.

here's a question, baez....tell me, why is it NOT ok for LE to present evidence outside a courtroom, but it's ok for you to present your defense to the whole world??? If it's not evidence YET, why are you DEFENDING it?????? go back under your rock.

Exactly...he is not doing his client any favors, just making the public dislike her more and more every time he talks. Doesn't he know that the only thing we want to hear from him or his client is where Caylee is....anything else comes out as whine, whine, blah, blah, look at me...I could't even watch it all.

He is supposed to be looking after his client's best interests....he's gotta be seriously delluded if he genuinely thinks these repeated unnecessary and most unprofessional "press conferences" are helping his client.

If you knew nothing about this case and just happened to tune in and hear Baez. You would have no clue that a little 3 rd old child is missing!

Caylee is so totally forgotten with these people it is so pathetic!:mad:

Man, after watching that "press conference" - if he was my attorney, I would fire him immediately.

He's extremely frustrated, and it shows. A good lawyer should not get rattled in public while defending their client. Just think of how he will be in the courtroom! I watched him during the 3-hour bond hearing, and it was not good. FAIL

I actually hope Casey keeps him - because I think if she does, she will be spending the rest of her life in prison or even get the DP.

Hey Baez. If your client didn't commit check fraud they would have no reason to keep arresting her... just a thought.

I would think that not charging her with stolen checks, and stolen ID would be treating her special. Charging her like everyone else would be charged would be the normal thing to do. It is Casey who made this whole situation abnormal to begin with, but lying all the time if nothing else.

I hate to say it but I do believe LE and Baez in return is playing games. All at the expense of Caylee. I think Baez has a point. LE needs to do something or get off the pot as they say. Stringing this out. IF Casey isn't talking, AND she didn't tell anyone what she did (other than her parents that aren't going to talk either) and no one saw her do anything AND they have gotten all the evidence they can get, they need to arrest her or give up this charade. She isn't ever going to tell them anything. Baez would be shirking his duty and be disbarred if he was to do anything to help with a conviction.

If they really have all the evidence they claim they have, I have seen people convicted on far less. This game needs to stop. It actually angers me that they arrest her for these petty crimes. Bring all the charges on that and get moving.[/QUOTE
LE is going by the book. On each individual crime they are gathering all pertinent evidence before charges are filed. This is completely normal especially in Florida. There is a speedy trial law in Florida. There won't be much time for any other evidence gathering once the charges are made. I am glad that they are taking their time. They're crossing their T's and dotting their I's so to speak. I would hate for her to get off on a technicality because the public was pushing for charges to be filed and LE didn't make sure that every thing had been done correctly.

What are his good points? Can you elaborate.

Sure, I don't mind elaborating. Jose Baez makes several good points in his briefing, whether you believe Casey killed Caylee or not. It's about our justice system and how it works.

I think he brings up a very good point when he says that when the LE has evidence of a murder, they don't fool around with check charges.

I think he brings up a good point when he says that LE could have originally filed the newest charges before, when they filed the formal charges of her second arrest.

I think he brings up a good point questioning the police tactics in this case (not necessarily their investigation...but their tactics). Police tactics involving media leaks about evidence that has not even been completed nor confirmed.

He brings up the point that you can't believe every leak you hear and that it is not really evidence until it's presented in court. I thought his example of that was a good one...DNA does NOT show whether a person is alive or dead.

I think that he brings up a good point that if the LE really did have legitimate evidence, then why don't they let the defense also exam that evidence.

I think that he brings up a good point to say "we have a missing child", because quite frankly, that is what we have...Casey has not been charged with murder by the LE. However, I believe she has been charged with and convicted of murder by the general population.

Baez brings up a good point that these leaks poison the jury pool and makes it difficult for Casey to have a fair trial. And that if this can been done to Casey, it could be done to anyone out there.

I think that he brings up a good point that as things start to get a little quiet, Casey is arrested or their is some media leak (I too have noticed this).

I think he brings up a good point questioning why the media is allowed to rush up during an arrest and why protestors haven't been arrested and that if they were standing in front of the sheriff's house, committing the same kind of acts, they would be.

With that said, I don't know if Casey is guilty of murdering Caylee or not. But I do believe in our justice system. And I believe that everyone should be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I believe that cases should be tried in court where ALL evidence is examed and presented by both the prosecution and the defense. I believe that everyone is entitled to a fair trial. I do not believe that someone should be tried by the media, but I believe that LE is at this time creating this scenario by all the leaks.

If it's not evidence YET, why are you DEFENDING it?????? go back under your rock.

I believe that he feels he has no choice to defend it because Casey has been charged and convicted of murder by the general public as a result of this supposed evidence. JMO

I don't like Casey at all, and think she probably murdered Caylee. But, I think she deserves competent representation and a fair trial. JB is not giving her anything close to competent representation. IMOO

I'll give you a high five for that observation, it's right on the money.:aktion033::Banane35:

I believe that he feels he has no choice to defend it because Casey has been charged and convicted of murder by the general public as a result of this supposed evidence. JMO

He is a defense attorney, that's what they do:waitasec:. I don't really think that was the answer I was looking for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back