Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped...
As for the leaks about the gases test, perhaps it was to help gather new tips, and encourage anyone who might be hesitating with any type of information to come forward. It might have also been leaked to help ease some of the family so they can find some peace, and focus on justice for Caylee, and possibly refocus to find where her body happens to be so they can bury her. It could also be that they hoped they could encourage Cindy/George/Lee to honestly ask and demand Caylee to stop lying.
I also know that it has been stated quite a few times that they have not released but a small portion of the evidence they have collected.
I seem to remember so many people talking about what LE had or had not done, if they had check out Caylee sightings, checked the phone records etc. It was not until the 400 pages that were released that it became obvious that yes LE had done all of those things, and had done them well. Again people are accusing LE of things but since we really have no idea what they are and are not doing, we need to remember this is all just opinion, and it could be very wrong opinion.

This is the evidence that I'm talking about. The media leaks about gas tests and chloroform, etc...

This is the evidence that will make it more difficult to find non-biased jury pool. And quite frankly, I think laws should be changed. Laws allowing media to obtain information that is part of an ongoing investigation.

Karen,

on the permits: somebody here posted the codes for the protesters. They are within the law. I'm not sure where to start searching for it but it was posted at WS.The police aren't taking the protesters off to jail because the protesters are within their rights. Also, why would the HoA need to file, if protesters were breaking laws.

Anything coming from Baez's mouth is on iggy for me from here on out. He legally has to protect his client, but at what cost to his soul, if he has one, (concerning this client only)?

Sorry, YOU SAID, "PROCEEDINGS IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM SHOULD BE HELD PRIVATE."

Thought you meant it.

We've been through the "leaks" concept with other well-versed posters. That horse has passed away.

Could you direct me to the post in which I said "proceedings in the justice system should be held private"? You have posted that statement in quotes and I do not believe that is what I posted.

While I do believe in Freedom of Speech, there are certain laws that need to be followed. And from what I understand, you have to have a permit in the state of Florida (if I am wrong on this, someone let me know as this is what I have heard). And I do believe that there are laws being broken here. I'm not saying that people can't speak their minds, but they do have to follow the law and it is the job of LE to enforce the law.

Anyone in the US, unless restricted by local or county code , can stand on public land, and peacefully protest, expressing their opinions. Somehow I do believe that the protesters have individually managed to break many different laws, mostly against the neighbors, which they will have to take them to civil court for. I also believe that they have probably broken a few city codes. The problem being that Cities do not like to impede the media in anyway their right to a free press. If they crack down on the code violations of the protesters then they will also have to crack down on the numerous sat. trucks from many different news agencies, up and down that street, that you probably have not seen. The city will not want to try to fight the media.
We have the right to peaceful assembly. We have the right to express our opinons. I love being an American. Sometimes we have to defend people's rights, that we don't like, to do things, we don't agree with, just so that we are also able to enjoy these freedoms down the line.
Have you seen the movie V for Vendetta? I think you might enjoy it.

While I do believe in Freedom of Speech, there are certain laws that need to be followed. And from what I understand, you have to have a permit in the state of Florida (if I am wrong on this, someone let me know as this is what I have heard). And I do believe that there are laws being broken here. I'm not saying that people can't speak their minds, but they do have to follow the law and it is the job of LE to enforce the law.

EDIT: Redacted someone beat me to it earlier :)

see this is the part that is driving them crazy!! that's why he does pressers, thats why the a's play on the computer. they are going crazy waiting to be charged. they know something is coming, they just don't know what. Anybody know what the fear of the unknown is like?It's maddening. Til she is charged, they can't see evidence, they can't start their defense tactics, they can't make a move til they know what they are dealing with. That's why they argue facts and say, "why don't they charge her if they have that evidence? they haven't charged her with anything! all we know is a child is missing. " They are tormented by thoughts of what could happen while trying to find someone, anyone that will validate their hope nothing does happen. This presser is more proof of the downward spiral these people are going through, it's way too long, and makes him look totally desperate. Every point he makes might be valid if he were only working an "economic crime" case. By trying to downplay the charges, it is obvious he right there on the playing field with le. He is making statements without taking in the entire scope of this case and making careless statements. "waste of taxpayer $" "playing games" when his client is far more guilty of wasting taxpayer money with her lies, and started the game playing by leading the detectives on wild goose chases. To make such careless statements only shows how much of an amateur he is and how he really is in over his head.

I think something just happened in my pants :woohoo:

This is the evidence that I'm talking about. The media leaks about gas tests and chloroform, etc...

This is the evidence that will make it more difficult to find non-biased jury pool. And quite frankly, I think laws should be changed. Laws allowing media to obtain information that is part of an ongoing investigation.

Those laws are balanced by laws which allow for creating an unbiased jury....so it's all good

jmo

One of the news stations did a story on this in the last week or 2 - sorry, don't remember which one - and said no permit is needed unless you have 100 people or more.

Thank you, I am trying to find a the law written about protests in Florida and am not sure exactly where to look.

Karen,

on the permits: somebody here posted the codes for the protesters. They are within the law. I'm not sure where to start searching for it but it was posted at WS.The police aren't taking the protesters off to jail because the protesters are within their rights. Also, why would the HoA need to file, if protesters were breaking laws.

While holding up signs outside the Anthony home may be within their rights, I find it so hard to believe that the shouting and carrying on is within their rights. If I was one of the Anthony's neighbors, I would be calling the police. And I do believe that the HOA would have won their case today had they had the "organizations" name. They did not, because it is not an organized protest. It's more of a free for all.

Non-bias jury usually means a change of venue, which was the case as soon as this case hit the media about a Mother lying about everything when her child is missing., which had already become a necessity before the first three days after Casey was arrested. Since change of venue was already a given, why not try to encourage Cindy/George/Lee to come to terms with Caylee being gone and let them try to get Casey to tell the truth, so they could bury the poor child?(Granted this did not work, but wasn't it worth a try?) We have no idea why they leaked that information, but they could have been trying to get someone we do not know to give up info they were holding because they could not believe that Caylee was gone.
As for a law to force the Police to release any and all information in an ongoing case, even before charges are brought, that is a horrible thought. If you would like to know why I think that, please go read this article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Anyone in the US, unless restricted by local or county code , can stand on public land, and peacefully protest, expressing their opinions. Somehow I do believe that the protesters have individually managed to break many different laws, mostly against the neighbors, which they will have to take them to civil court for. I also believe that they have probably broken a few city codes. The problem being that Cities do not like to impede the media in anyway their right to a free press. If they crack down on the code violations of the protesters then they will also have to crack down on the numerous sat. trucks from many different news agencies, up and down that street, that you probably have not seen. The city will not want to try to fight the media.
We have the right to peaceful assembly. We have the right to express our opinons. I love being an American. Sometimes we have to defend people's rights, that we don't like, to do things, we don't agree with, just so that we are also able to enjoy these freedoms down the line.
Have you seen the movie V for Vendetta? I think you might enjoy it.

I agree with you. Everything you said...I agree. However, I do not think it's right for the city to allow the lawlessness that is going on there. I mean for God's sake, there are other people that live in their community. And while the LE might not want to take on the media, they should enforce the law. That is their job. You know what I mean?

Could you direct me to the post in which I said "proceedings in the justice system should be held private"? You have posted that statement in quotes and I do not believe that is what I posted.

You are absolutely correct. I have too many things open and copied the wrong thing. I always say...I'm gettin too old for this. :grandma:

Sorry:blowkiss:

While holding up signs outside the Anthony home may be within their rights, I find it so hard to believe that the shouting and carrying on is within their rights. If I was one of the Anthony's neighbors, I would be calling the police. And I do believe that the HOA would have won their case today had they had the "organizations" name. They did not, because it is not an organized protest. It's more of a free for all.

I agree with that "free for all" is a good way to put it.

(verrrrrry carefully quoted):crazy:

Both sides though are over the edge with emotion and the stubborness that come with representing a cause.

I don't know how LE can tackle one side without giving the other side the same spanking.....

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back