Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Anna’s children and all relatives that are children. They most likely all will be questioned, yes the children, to see if the accused has done anything to them. I know this for a fact the children are questioned. I know that in the incidents I am very familiar with the parents cooperated with the police and did not prevent the police from questioning the children.
I don’t know if the police will be so lucky in this case. They may hit some elder parental road blocks.
I feel for the children as it is very hard on them in so many ways and the families. I would hope that the accused if guilty would just admit it and spare pain to the children. IMO

I feel for Anna’s children and all relatives that are children. They most likely all will be questioned, yes the children, to see if the accused has done anything to them. I know this for a fact the children are questioned. I know that in the incidents I am very familiar with the parents cooperated with the police and did not prevent the police from questioning the children.
I don’t know if the police will be so lucky in this case. They may hit some elder parental road blocks.
I feel for the children as it is very hard on them in so many ways and the families. I would hope that the accused if guilty would just admit it and spare pain to the children. IMO
I linked to an earlier article where there was a 911 call from the parents' home years ago and the parents refused CPS entry to the home.
I think it's legal to do so if CPS/DCFS do not have a warrant ?
But it should have raised some red flags, imo.

IMO living in a warehouse isn’t cause for disparagement, so I’d want to be careful. Often, people have to do the best with what comes their way.
But I do have several points...
You’d think one of that well-paid family (one of them seems even to own a helicopter) would just buy a house for Josh’s family to live in. Those children need a more healthy place to live.
If you’re spending all that money to refurbish a warehouse, you might as well spend it on re-habbing a fixer-upper. Family and nearby friends, “good Christians” presumably, shouldn’t have any hesitation in throwing in their sweat and handy skills for a few Saturdays. Where are they?
What the warehouse living situation does signify to me is poor choices. Where are the children getting educated? Why would you have 2 (or more) pregnancies when the only living situation for the babies is a warehouse? What are you doing to get out of warehouse living?

IMO living in a warehouse isn’t cause for disparagement, so I’d want to be careful. Often, people have to do the best with what comes their way.
But I do have several points...
You’d think one of that well-paid family (one of them seems even to own a helicopter) would just buy a house for Josh’s family to live in. Those children need a more healthy place to live.
If you’re spending all that money to refurbish a warehouse, you might as well spend it on re-habbing a fixer-upper. Family and nearby friends, “good Christians” presumably, shouldn’t have any hesitation in throwing in their sweat and handy skills for a few Saturdays. Where are they?
What the warehouse living situation does signify to me is poor choices. Where are the children getting educated? Why would you have 2 (or more) pregnancies when the only living situation for the babies is a warehouse? What are you doing to get out of warehouse living?

They had a house but they sold it. Then, Jim Bob bought a house and sold it to an LLC in Anna's name. Then Anna put it on the market for WAY more than the purchase price. So either they're just greedy (which is likely, Jim Bob is alllllll about money) or they have another reason for living in the family compound...like the family wanted Anna and the kids close in case anything happened.

I’m not judging anyone for living in a converted warehouse. Life is hard and messy and unfair. A few of the posted articles mention the warehouse is windowless - I hope the warehouse is up to code with respect to fire escapes. Pre-kid, I handed a lot of cases involving people who died because they were unable to escape (cars, residences, etc) and the lack of windows stood out to me. JMO.

They had a house but they sold it. Then, Jim Bob bought a house and sold it to an LLC in Anna's name. Then Anna put it on the market for WAY more than the purchase price. So either they're just greedy (which is likely, Jim Bob is alllllll about money) or they have another reason for living in the family compound...like the family wanted Anna and the kids close in case anything happened.

I don’t think it’s necessarily accurate to call a smart or fortuitous property purchase/sale “greedy.” Unrealistic, maybe, if that property hasn’t yet sold. Did I just defend Jim Bob?!

I don’t think it’s necessarily accurate to call a smart or fortuitous property purchase/sale “greedy.” Unrealistic, maybe, if that property hasn’t yet sold. Did I just defend Jim Bob?!

Maybe she’s selling it to pay for attorneys for Josh. CSAM cases can involve restitution to victims so assets held in a convicted defendants name can be game for restitution.

I am going w this as well. Imo this is so he could have eyes on him and having nobody to really bail him out over poor choices. Here’s a roof over your head now get your crap together boy. I dunno
Sure wish ppl would stop saying Anna needs her children removed before they know her actual plans.

I call it greedy because it sounds as though he forced his daughter-in-law to put it in her name and then made them live in their warehouse. If Josh and Anna had purchased the house themselves and were flipping it, I wouldn't care. Since Jim Bob is involved, I am pretty sure it's just greed. Jim Bob is one of the greediest people I've ever seen, he set up the TLC contracts to make sure all the money went to him even once his children were adults. One of the children had to sue to get a payout for all the time she was on the show. She is now estranged from the family.

Okay everyone ..

Josh Duggar is the accused in this case. His family and their religion is not on trial here.

Stick to discussing Duggar himself and the specifics of the case, without trashing everyone else associated with him. Members may state an opinion on what is released in MSM about them, or what they themselves may have to say in MSM. While we may not like or support what they have or have not done, they are not the centre of this case or the subject of this discussion, so please leave the vitriol out of your posts. Not everything we think has to be stated on a public forum.

I call it greedy because it sounds as though he forced his daughter-in-law to put it in her name and then made them live in their warehouse. If Josh and Anna had purchased the house themselves and were flipping it, I wouldn't care. Since Jim Bob is involved, I am pretty sure it's just greed. Jim Bob is one of the greediest people I've ever seen, he set up the TLC contracts to make sure all the money went to him even once his children were adults. One of the children had to sue to get a payout for all the time she was on the show. She is now estranged from the family.

Thanks for the TLC info! That’s interesting that it is in her name. Makes sense for asset protection & possibly taxes. Wonder if there would otherwise be an objection to a married female owning her own property...

Even a
I’m not judging anyone for living in a converted warehouse. Life is hard and messy and unfair. A few of the posted articles mention the warehouse is windowless - I hope the warehouse is up to code with respect to fire escapes. Pre-kid, I handed a lot of cases involving people who died because they were unable to escape (cars, residences, etc) and the lack of windows stood out to me. JMO.

Life is messy. I hope that the children in this family can survive the choices made by their parents.

Anna is standing by her husband as she always has," a source said. "She even accompanied Josh to Fayetteville on Thursday so he could turn himself in to authorities."

A source exclusively told The Sun: "The family has known that this has been coming for weeks, and Josh has been preparing himself.”

An insider said: "Jim Bob told all his kids and their spouses on Thursday morning that Josh would be arrested imminently.”

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainme...ted-arkansas-latest-updates-19-kids-counting/
Oh... so he turned himself to authorities looking like that? He looked like he was under the influence. He prepared himself and then he smiled for his mugshot? Wow. Sounds about right.

Oh... so he turned himself to authorities looking like that? He looked like he was under the influence. He prepared himself and then he smiled for his mugshot? Wow. Sounds about right.

I mean the sun is a tabloid so i would take their reports with a grain of salt. I personally don't believe everything in that article and I am highly skeptical whether he turned himself in.

That's sickening. ^^^
Thanks for explaining it, though.

I've wondered since the first story broke about Josh and his first victims-- his sisters and I think the daughter of a friend of the family -- if HE had been abused ?
Like a generational thing ?
It's so creepy and weird that the family seems so forgiving and protective.
As if it's more than just holding on to the income their TLC show was generating ?
MOO.

I, too, have wondered if there has been any kind of other sexual abuse in this family...
perhaps across the generations?

JMO...

That's sickening. ^^^
Thanks for explaining it, though.

I've wondered since the first story broke about Josh and his first victims-- his sisters and I think the daughter of a friend of the family -- if HE had been abused ?
Like a generational thing ?
It's so creepy and weird that the family seems so forgiving and protective.
As if it's more than just holding on to the income their TLC show was generating ?
MOO.

I don’t think it’s “weird” unfortunately...most children are abused by a family member or friend.

Mod Reminder:

Okay everyone ..

Josh Duggar is the accused in this case. His family and their religion is not on trial here.

Stick to discussing Duggar himself and the specifics of the case, without trashing everyone else associated with him. Members may state an opinion on what is released in MSM about them, or what they themselves may have to say in MSM. While we may not like or support what they have or have not done, they are not the centre of this case or the subject of this discussion, so please leave the vitriol out of your posts. Not everything we think has to be stated on a public forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141