Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm. Here's the station's link: http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/ It was on the 9PM news. I can't seem to find that specific excerpt. His cameraman is a former reporter, and he said it was the strangest thing he's seen in all of his 29 years of reporting the news.

Fox 13 News at 9pm is replayed at 1am.

A little less than 2 hours from now. I do not know if it also replays on the website, but it'd be worth a try for anyone who wants to see it.

http://www.fox13now.com/live/

Yes, I remember that case well. Wasn't the guy Bobby? I can't remember his full name. Mommy was rolled in a rug and burned. He asked a female friend to help burn the body. How horrible.

I think this was the cop in--I want to say Ohio or Pennsylvania? I don't think he burned her, I think he just dumped her still in the rug. His last name started with a C, like Cutsford or something. About 3 years ago. And she was pregnant with his child.

ETA--I should have read ahead. Someone was Johnnyonthespot with the case--Cutts!

Did anyone hear the guy on Fox13 tonight talking about how bizarre his interview with Steven was last week? He said his cameraman came up to him afterward, and told him that the whole time the interview was going on, Josh was behind the camera, making gestures for Steven to smile more, to act sad or serious at certain times, and to have better posture.

What a strange, strange relationship that one must be.

WOW! Woweewowow! Taking acting lessons from his son. How interesting. Especially since Josh is the worst actor ever. Steve needs a new coach!

They can be hidden quite well... :whistle:

I wondered though... with them opening the hood with the helicopters up above... what are the reasons they wouldn't worry about the Powell's knowing they were under the hood? If it did have to do with GPS you would think they would not want that to be seen.

Unless they knew they wouldn't find anything because it was hidden way too well.

OR

They knew they wouldn't find anything because they were removing it, not putting it in.

I'm sorry I know SP is delusional but "Susan enjoys" is in the present tense. I'm sorry I can't get the idea out of my mind that he might have her imprisioned somewhere. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but she would do anything to protect her boys and that is exactly what SP would use to threaten her with.

This is not the first time SP has said things about Susan in the present tense. Has anyone else noticed this?

I actually thought that he was probably just smart enough to know that he needed to talk about her in the present tense.
His argument is that she is alive. So if he talks about her in the past tense, that seems like he thinks she is dead.
I figured he was doing it to bolster his story that he thinks she is alive.

WOW! Woweewowow! Taking acting lessons from his son. How interesting. Especially since Josh is the worst actor ever. Steve needs a new coach!

His performance on Nightline tonight was not Emmy-worthy. These two are digging quite a hole for themselves imo.

Supposedly LE has been working on the warrant for a week. When did he say that? If the timing's right I think that's spot on and would be funny (ironic) to see him be the reason his son and or himself are convicted.

The info about the *advertiser censored* and undergarment came from Steve Powell's ex-girlfriend Julie. Not sure when those details were revealed. Think it was in Isabelle's article from Aug 21st? Anyone?

ETA- Last fall Julia said Steve boasted that he still had the pair of Susan’s very sacred Mormon Temple Garment underwear that he stole from the dirty laundry when she and Josh lived at his house at the beginning of their marriage.

“Not only did he stash her underwear in his locked bedroom cabinet, he said he stashed her pictures, journals, and *advertiser censored* in there too,” Julia said.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-why-susan-cox-powell-feared-her-father-law
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-why-susan-cox-powell-feared-her-father-law

I don't see how they/he could be keeping her somewhere. I would think LE is keeping tabs on them to some extent and if one of them was making a trek out into the mountains, for example, on any kind of regular basis to feed her, etc...:( it seems as though they would have been caught by now. JMO

I wondered though... with them opening the hood with the helicopters up above... what are the reasons they wouldn't worry about the Powell's knowing they were under the hood? If it did have to do with GPS you would think they would not want that to be seen.

Unless they knew they wouldn't find anything because it was hidden way too well.

OR

They knew they wouldn't find anything because they were removing it, not putting it in.

I actually thought that he was probably just smart enough to know that he needed to talk about her in the present tense.
His argument is that she is alive. So if he talks about her in the past tense, that seems like he thinks she is dead.

And that's ok with me because it's going to be the only way they will convict him imo. Seems LE is taking pages from the Scott Peterson playbook and all his dad is doing is adding a dimension. Scooter knew his vehicles probably had GPS installed so he borrowed and rented cars....and cops tailed him.

Peterson gave interviews to ABC...and they were used against him at trial. Nightline is now on the case sotospeak.

And Peterson's claim of going fishing was far more believable than taking small children camping in the snow after midnight.

JMO

OR

Wow! I never thought about the removing it idea. Could they have put it on just before doing the mine searches to see if he would travel back to check on or move something?

I don't see how they/he could be keeping her somewhere. I would think LE is keeping tabs on them to some extent and if one of them was making a trek out into the mountains, for example, on any kind of regular basis to feed her, etc...:( it seems as though they would have been caught by now. JMO

ITA, but SP's comment "We interacted in a lot of sexual ways because Susan enjoys doing that." did strike me as somewhat bizarre....but maybe that is because that "maybe she is being held captive" seed has been planted in my head and I am just hoping for the best and looking for something to point to her maybe being alive.

I live in Seattle.. let me tell you .. Susan Powell was the buzz word all day at work today.. everyone said they KNEW Josh was guilty and was hoping he'd be arrested today.

I definitely think there is a lot we don't know about the search in Utah. I also think there is almost no chance she's alive. IIRC, there was a big wet spot and a fan trying to dry it out in JP's Utah home.

I hope they find something in SP's *advertiser censored* collection that can put him behind bars for a long time and he sings in order to save his own skin or JP sings to save his dad's skin. However it happens I think both of these guys should be locked up forever and a day.

Oh, no need to worry about that wet spot. Josh already said he thinks it was ' juice or something like that.' No problem. I think she must have spot cleaned the rug before she ran off to Brazil with her new boyfriend.

ITA, but SP's comment "We interacted in a lot of sexual ways because Susan enjoys doing that." did strike me as somewhat bizarre....but maybe that is because that "maybe she is being held captive" seed has been planted in my head and I am just hoping for the best and looking for something to point to her maybe being alive.

That phrasing is extremely strange. A lot of the time people give themselves away by talking about someone in the past tense when they've just gone missing. Saying "she enjoys doing that" does make one's hinky meter go off.

That phrasing is extremely strange. A lot of the time people give themselves away by talking about someone in the past tense when they've just gone missing. Saying "she enjoys doing that" does make one's hinky meter go off.

Yes it does. Josh seems to still be under the control of his father. Time for Josh to tell the truth. I doubt his father is capable of truth.

JMO

Yes it does. Josh seems to still be under the control of his father. Time for Josh to tell the truth. I doubt his father is capable of truth.

JMO

I think his father lives in a world much different than any of ours. It wouldn't surprise me if the phrasing was done because he errr...fantasizes about her doing those things to errr....make himself happy.

JP is such a spur of the moment type guy, wonder how many spur of the moment Midnight camping trips him and the boy's have went on in the last 20 month ? I know maybe all of his friends could answer that :floorlaugh:

I think his father lives in a world much different than any of ours. It wouldn't surprise me if the phrasing was done because he errr...fantasizes about her doing those things to errr....make himself happy.

You type emails to your Mother with that Keyboard :blushing:

Fortunately my mother doesn't have a computer. She wants to get one and I freak out thinking about her coming here and reading my posts. :eek:

I'm the youngest of a bunch of kids and my mom is close to pushing 90, she's on a computer and has no interest to worry about what I'm doing...lol oh the freedom...finally, no parental control! j/k oxoxo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back