Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can tell that SP runs the show in the household...he is definitely the ring master. That must be really hard to be under his thumb, but Josh needs his support and is stuck. Explains the big bags and dark circles under Josh's eyes. He must be living with a stress scale ranking a 10 out of 10.

SP has his hand in the sock puppet, and JP knows it. He knows Daddy is "pleasuring himself" by making his outrageous statements, and knows that if Daddy will do that to a missing woman, he'll do it to his own son.

http://thesop.org/story/20110828/wh...charoo-of-susan-powell-by-josh-and-steve.html
[snip]
On Thursday, the West Valley police were looking for something specific, when doing a thorough search of the Powell home in Puyallup, Washington. It wouldn`t have been possible to get a search warrant, had they not had probable cause, something solid. We were told that they wanted Susan`s diaries, but was this really what they were looking for?
The media also mentioned the West Valley police were seeking traces of blood. What`s this all about? How could there be traces in blood at Steve`s house, twenty months after Susan vanished?
And remember, Susan disappeared from Utah, not Washington. This implies that Josh would have transported this incriminating evidence with him when he hastily departed West Valley City.

.......BBM I don't recall the media saying that the police were looking for traces of blood at Steven's house as is reported in this article.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...publish-susans-diary-20110826,0,4481607.story
[snip]
"We don't know why they did it by search warrant. Because we offered the journals to law enforcement in November 2010," said Josh Powell's father Steve Powell. It was a quid pro quo, we wanted the current volume... in return for over 2,000 pages of her childhood journals. They refused our offer."

………………..it’s quality not quantity of the evidence, Stevie

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...publish-susans-diary-20110826,0,4481607.story
[snip]
"We don't know why they did it by search warrant. Because we offered the journals to law enforcement in November 2010," said Josh Powell's father Steve Powell. It was a quid pro quo, we wanted the current volume... in return for over 2,000 pages of her childhood journals. They refused our offer."

………………..it’s quality not quantity of the evidence, Stevie

Can anyone (Please!!!) show me or point me to a case where any LE has ever traded evidence in an ongoing investigation, kind of like trading cards ? :floorlaugh:

Can anyone (Please!!!) show me or point me to a case where any LE has ever traded evidence in an ongoing investigation, kind of like trading cards ? :floorlaugh:

well, I guess in the case of bad guys holding hostages, they have made deals like pizza, cigarettes and a phone call to your mother in exchange of letting some of the hostages go...... but that usually happens just before the bad guy ends up arrested

Hopefully LE is able to track roughly where SP was during the night and the day after Susan went missing. Having lived in Utah and now Washington and having travelled various routes in winter conditions, I can't see Josh travelling on any other road than I-15 and or I-84 in the type of snow conditions that existed during the time of interest and the type of front wheel drive vehicle he had. My guess is that JP head North to meet up with SP. The kids wouldn't know what direction he was travelling in during the night. So he could travel anywhere at night. It just happened to be very difficult driving conditions on any road that wouldn't have snow plows in acton, which is the major highways and not the less travelled roads.

I can't see him taking the risk of getting partially or totally stuck and risk being found out by some helpful citizen. If he stays on the major highway heading north, at worst he has a simple story of travelling to WA if the helpful citizen should happen to be required for a simple push out or tug out of the snow. I am a hardcore snow driver and can't see how Josh would even risk getting into a situation where he would get totally stuck with the kids and Susan in the van.

JP may have taken the rental car towards Ely to throw off the real direction of travel that previous night. It appeared like he had to make up the story of the pony express trail camping on the fly in front of the reporter in Utah. I can't see how he could have made it off the major interstates that night from what others have described were the weather and snow conditions.

http://stevechantrey.com/Pages/LightOfSeattle/ISaidILoveYou.aspx

I said, "I love you." You should have kissed me.
I felt like giving up when you just dissed me.
I love you, so I guess I won't.
…..
The lips that I never kissed, but wanted
……
I love you, and that is my sin.

..................................................Of all the songs that is on the Steven Chantry site, this one I believe shows the truth - she was not interested in him, and he kept harassing her. He mentions "crime" - how is "loving" anyone a crime? when he is stalking or harassing her. He mentions "sin" how is loving sinful? when it is lusting after your's son's wife.

I wonder what other songs he has written since Susan's disappearance.

Did you notice in the video where Josh brought the kids and SP to the honk and wave in WA to confront the Cox's that when Josh was trying to speak to the reporter SP pushes his way in front of the camera and started talking over Josh? Josh moves him back and says "Let me talk" and gives him a little bonding squeeze on the arm to say 'sorry' and dad complies. He doesn't want to piss SP off. I can tell that SP runs the show in the household...he is definitely the ring master. That must be really hard to be under his thumb, but Josh needs his support and is stuck. Explains the big bags and dark circles under Josh's eyes. He must be living with a stress scale ranking a 10 out of 10.

BBM

Agree completely. Nothing like having the curtain yanked back and seeing the stark reality of what's there. I'm sure it's brutal to him for his perceived world to be stripped bare - and there he sits...

What's he going to do?

imo

http://thesop.org/story/20110828/wh...charoo-of-susan-powell-by-josh-and-steve.html
[snip]
On Thursday, the West Valley police were looking for something specific, when doing a thorough search of the Powell home in Puyallup, Washington. It wouldn`t have been possible to get a search warrant, had they not had probable cause, something solid. We were told that they wanted Susan`s diaries, but was this really what they were looking for?
The media also mentioned the West Valley police were seeking traces of blood. What`s this all about? How could there be traces in blood at Steve`s house, twenty months after Susan vanished?
And remember, Susan disappeared from Utah, not Washington. This implies that Josh would have transported this incriminating evidence with him when he hastily departed West Valley City.

.......BBM I don't recall the media saying that the police were looking for traces of blood at Steven's house as is reported in this article.

Thank you for this! I thought for sure I had heard that somewhere and have searched and searched all weekend for the source. I never could find it, and since it wasn't discussed here right away (or picked up in other news stories), I had just about decided it was a figment of my imagination. Yes, traces of blood in the WA home! Now, that's an interesting twist!

ETA: Of course, just the fact that it wasn't picked up by other news outlets does make you wonder about it's credibility.

imo

I went back and re-read Kiirsi's blog from December 2009. She discusses how there is much more going on than the public is aware of. She also says she believes Susan was abducted and taken out of state. Maybe it was her information early in the case that led to Ely?

Anyway, knowing what we know today, her writing seems pretty spot on and provides food for thought.

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/2009/12/28/the-dark-side-of-the-search-for-susan/

imo

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/why-i-chose-to-talk-about-steve-powell/

Be sure to read the interesting comment by "Tara" which throws a little light on the father/son dynamics.

I know that SP is not, according to LE, a suspect. But I wonder if JP's bizarre midnight camping trip might not have been an elaborate diversion while someone else, possibly a deranged narcissistic power-monging patriarch with delusions of musical accomplishment, cleaned up. JP, thick as he appears to be, seems still to be very confident in his absurd story -- why?

One reason, and I know it's been raised here already, is that he neither murdered nor disposed of his wife and genuinely does not know where she is. This would not get him off the hook of conspiring to do away with her and being complicit with her death and disappearance -- I have no doubt he's involved -- but is it possible that a third party, perhaps another member of the P clan, actually did the dirty work? Or is that too Murder She Wrote?

It seems like this recent raid and the surreal series of interviews and revelations it has helped sponsor have been about narrowing a motive net -- and in the middle of that net, struggling like the smug bloated flounder he is, wriggles Papa Steve (apologies for the weak simile). Increasingly I think JP lacked the brains and the bottle and the follow-through for this -- unless he was taking very particular orders from back home.

s

I would be completely shocked :thud: if Josh did this completely by himself.

I just can't picture it. I see him immediately calling Daddy in a panic.
That is what he always does, there is no reason to think that time would be any different.

I just struggle with what happened at that point.

Was Daddy already here?
Did Daddy come here?

Did Daddy just tell him what to do on the phone?
What do Josh's phone records show that night?

Was this a premeditated thing just to knock her out for the night?
Was this a premeditated thing to kill her?
Was this an accidental overdoses or heat of passion killing?

There are just so many possibilities... and I have no idea where to start.

Where I don't waver though... is that I don't think there is a chance in he!! that Josh did this by himself without Daddy's help.
There is a better chance of Susan being alive than of Josh killing her by himself. :twocents:

I would be completely shocked :thud: if Josh did this completely by himself.

I just can't picture it. I see him immediately calling Daddy in a panic.
That is what he always does, there is no reason to think that time would be any different.

I just struggle with what happened at that point.

Was Daddy already here?
Did Daddy come here?

Did Daddy just tell him what to do on the phone?
What do Josh's phone records show that night?

Was this a premeditated thing just to knock her out for the night?
Was this a premeditated thing to kill her?
Was this an accidental overdoses or heat of passion killing?

There are just so many possibilities... and I have no idea where to start.

Where I don't waver though... is that I don't think there is a chance in he!! that Josh did this by himself without Daddy's help.
There is a better chance of Susan being alive than of Josh killing her by himself. :twocents:

I think this was preplanned with his father during one or more of their phone calls. JMO

I think this was preplanned with his father during one or more of their phone calls. JMO

Lol, I spent so much time preparing my response that I timed-out and lost it all. Probably a good thing. I'll shorten it to this:

I'm leaning in that direction, too. But, preplanned for sharing (and the plan went wrong) or preplanned for murder? It's sick either way.

imo

Does anyone have any links to Alina Powell video or pics? I have never seen her. TIA!

I've seen her in person many times, but never in the media. She does appear to care for the boys a good amount. She often brought Charlie to school with Braden in tow. I've also seen her at the library with both boys and you would have expected she was their mother if you didn't know better.

old link

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...d-miles-on-rental/h1Q-Q0MW302LY8msQiSTWw.cspx

[snip]
After his van was taken by police under a search warrant, Powell rented a car at the Salt Lake Airport for the day. West Valley Police Captain Tom McLachlan said, "We do know a car was rented in his name and several hundred miles were put on it. Unfortunately, we don't have any GPS data. The company that rented the car doesn't store that data."

[snip]
When it was time to return the rental car, Peterson said Powell showed up at his house. He said Powell asked for a ride to the police station to get the van. Peterson also observed that Powell's hands were badly wind burned -- to the point where he thought they might have frost bite. He said Powell had a bottle of lotion with him that he frequently applied to his hands.

Strange that Josh's hands would be badly wind burned and the boys' wouldn't. Could be that they were left inside the car asleep with the heater running while he was out disposing of the body. Did Josh ever say if they camped out in the car or outdoors?

Strange that Josh's hands would be badly wind burned and the boys' wouldn't. Could be that they were left inside the car asleep with the heater running while he was out disposing of the body. Did Josh ever say if they camped out in the car or outdoors?
He said they slept in the van.

Yes, IMO he was out busy at some point exposing his hands to snow and wetness and wind. What I'm not sure about is whether it was before OR AFTER
the rental car. Can anyone clarify?

IMO, always

Since the underwear story comes from Josh, and Steve is just repeating what Josh said since he wasn't there, I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

I am sitting here typing in my underwear, and if I had to rush outside, no one would think I was undressed.

My hubby sleeps with two fans going full blast in addition to the central a/c, so I sleep in an undershirt and long john type leggings even in the summer , (in Texas). I buy them in the underwear department. The leggings are thin, very stretchy, and they don't ride up above my knees like pj pants do during the night!

I think that Steve and Josh try to find a way to sexualize everything. All underwear is not sexy or skimpy, and Susan must have been running from Josh if she bolted out the door wearing hers.

BBM Or possibly pushed out the door by jp just to embarrass or harrass her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back