Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spokeswoman for WA DFS says they had "no idea" he might be suicidal.

http://www.sltrib.com/

Okay,
---your ex wife is missing, presumed dead, and you are the prime suspect
---your father is in jail for child *advertiser censored*
---your ex-inlaws are suing you for custody of your children
---you are broke, un-employed and all alone

And DFS does not think you might be suicidal?

Suicidal? What about homicidal?

Exactly.

Not only that, but I believe there is strong research that shows that the loss of custody is a prime predictor for this kind of violence. I can't link to anything right now, but my memory is that it is akin to risk to women, where the most dangerous time is after they leave and get a restraining order.

DFS in WA is unaware of risk patterns?

Really...who cares if he was just suicidal...
He was not going to admit to anything with Susan anyway.
But the possibility of harm coming to the kids should have been considered, should always be considered. This is not the first such case...

Okay guys. No more even hinting that the social worker had anything to do with this or could have prevented it.

Let's continue on and leave that behind. What Josh did is already upsetting enough. :grouphug:

To begin with, there should be no visits at homes where there is any history of DV or where there is a "person of interest" in a spousal disappearance. No social workers should be put in harm's way in order to "supervise" at a suspect's home.

Just as DFS removes ALL the kids from a home proactively where there is an abuse allegation involving one, ALL the kids should be removed from a home proactively when a parent disappears with suspicious circumstances. Especially when there are additional circumstances like grandpa and his voyeurism and *advertiser censored*.

No DFS worker should be instructed to call a supervisor when the non-custodial parent has just pushed her out the door. She should be empowered to decide whether to call 911 or her supervisor at that point. Or instructed to call 911 no matter what! Terrible that she should be entrusted with this task yet not empowered to make the decision to call police.

We need to leave behind the centuries' old presumption that children are their parents' property. No more meth-heads getting their kids back time and time again, so that the kids suffer attachment disorder and go on to tortured lives of their own. One strike - go to rehab, and if you screw up again, your kids are on their way to a permanent adoptive family.

Why do we have such a strong anti-abortion movement, ostensibly to protect children, but once the kids are here, their "parents" can do whatever with them and we give the parent's "rights" priority over and over again?

Sorry for the rant....I'm just so upset that we keep sacrificing up kids this way. If Joshie had been innocent, he could have taken the tests, and his relationship with the kids would have survived a few more months or a year in the custody of their grandparents. This presumption that kids need to be "reunited" with their parents immediately, puts them at unacceptable risk. Enough is enough.

A Charlie and Braden Law is a very good idea.

Dovebar, totally, TOTALLY agree with you. This has got to stop! The social worker was put in a terrible situation, charged with handling a situation that she never should have been placed in to begin with. She didn't have the appropriate protection/resources, should something go wrong. These poor children, unfortunately, are added to a long list of tragedies, and are now destined to become statistics. Again.

When will we learn?

What can we do?

Exactly!

He was a POI in Susan's disappearance.

Where were the concerns that he might harm Susan's children? Forgive me for my bluntness - but I didn't give a damn if he was suicidal. My concern was that he might harm Charlie and Braden. And now he has - irrevocably.

Praying for that poor social worker and the Susan's parents.....................

I agree. Homicidal and coward. Angry enough to toss in suicide, but he's not the profile who'd take himself out unless he could take out others.

Ive been trying to watch the game but all I can think about is those precious boys.

I can't even imagine what the Cox family is going through.

OMG - talk about guilty conscience . . . OMG !

I know these boys are out of harms way with their mom & Lord Savior.

OMG - where was CFS? Reform NOW

http://www.q13fox.com/news/nationwo...ell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,1001923.story

The Tacoma News Tribune reported Sunday evening that the Pierce County medical examiner said three bodies were found in the same room in the middle of the house.

I think he put his arms around them, said Let's go see Mommy, the clicked the lighter.

You know I think I thought in the back of my mind that this was a trick by Josh and maybe they went out the back door and got away mysteriously. It's hard to read the above realize there was no trick.

Dovebar, totally, TOTALLY agree with you. This has got to stop! The social worker was put in a terrible situation, charged with handling a situation that she never should have been placed in to begin with. She didn't have the appropriate protection/resources, should something go wrong. These poor children, unfortunately, are added to a long list of tragedies, and are now destined to become statistics. Again.

When will we learn?

What can we do?

The current Seattlepi story says that the social worker was a contract worker, not a state employee. She worked for a private company that was contracted (outsourced) by the state to do these supervisions. It sure would be interesting to learn more about how DFS assigns cases, how people are trained and paid, what their caseloads are, and what high-risk situations they might be being put into. Also why WA state - and any state - allows these kinds of visitations at a home. Is this all about cost-cutting? Because a cop to protect a social worker, or visitations at a DFS facility, would be too costly?

When I worked as a SWer prior to having my own kids, I did not supervise any visits between the 40 kids on my caseload and their bio parents. Visits were supervised by visitation workers. I don't know about WA state since I didn't work there but our visitation workers were generally not 4-year college grads.

I'm so damn mad.

And very upset.

This is EXACTLY WHY kids should NOT BE allowed to be around MURDER SUSPECTS! I don't care about the suspect's damn "RIGHTS"!!!

I need to stop typing because I'm not setting a very good example. I'm SO MAD!

OMG I just found out about this heinous evil act. I'm so damn mad and sick over this. It was so obvious that Josh was a very dangerous threat to these innocent lives, why couldn't the courts see this???????????? Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8