Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think that when children say, "Mommy was riding in the trunk", AND, "Mommy took a walk into the desert with Daddy and got lost", that SOMETHING could have been done immediately. Could they not have gone out into the desert where he normally camped and started digging at obvious locations? This all just makes my heart hurt.

Would like to know if LE had this information that the children were talking and what was being done about it. At this point it appears that nothing was being done!

Wow. Just wow. I am in tears right now. Those poor kids. Hopefully they died before they had a chance to figure out what was happening. Why couldn't the coward just kill himself? Why take the innocent children along with him? Disgusting. Rest in Peace little ones. You are safe now.

He took the children because it was the only way he could think of to get back at their grandparents. He was pure evil, their is no other way to describe him, and I am afraid the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His father, will blame it on everyone else instead of where the blame belongs. I pray that he gets what he deserves while still on this earth.

I wish all social workers that have to deal with supervised visits were members on WS. They would demand protection.

And those visits would be at a location chosen by the sw, not the parent!

I just caught up on this thread.

I saw Tricia's FB post last night and read here in total shock until I finally fell asleep.

This morning, I still feel numb.

Those poor babies. I'm sure they loved their father and he committed the ultimate betrayal of them. I bet they were so happy to see him yesterday. They ran ahead, probably so excited and happy. And he KILLED THEM!

What a monster!

My heart just bleeds for the Cox family. They fought so hard to keep those boys away from JP. They loved them so much. They were all they had left of their daughter.

My gosh! I can't imagine their pain.

My heart also goes out to the visitation supervisor. What horror she must have went through. I am a bit disheartened about some of the posts here that have placed any amount of blame on this lady.
She was only doing her job.
I can't imagine how she felt when that house exploded knowing those precious boys were inside. I can only hope people will stop judging her.

What a horrible "man" JP was.

He has taken 4 lives and has ruined so many others.

Everyone he has destroyed, those deceased and those trying to live, are in my thoughts and prayers.

:(

This, so much. The boys are beyond harm or pain now, but that woman is going to remember this every day for the rest of her life. This guy hasn't only destroyed Susan and her boys and Susan's family and friends, he's also left that woman with something that will probably give her nightmares for the rest of her life. I'm not sure how you even begin to get over witnessing something so horrible.

Yes, evil ~ the gift that keeps on giving.

No one can really anticipate this level of evil. Even if you know someone is a total and probably a murderer, you don't expect them to blow up their own children! That's why evil is often able to surprise us - it's completely cold and diabolical. That's why the normal response is horror that any parent could do something so selfish and violent. There's no love involved - only cruelty calculated to hurt as many people as possible.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...as-in-the-trunk-boys-said-before-their-deaths

“He was lying in wait, he had this pre-planned. He had everything ready to go and this was going to happen no matter who dropped those boys off," Troyer told NBC's TODAY on Monday. "This is basically a double-murder suicide and he’s the one that’s solely responsible for it.”

I am horrified by this EVIL monster's actions. He murdered his own babies and I think it was because he learned they were beginning to talk about Susan's disappearance.

KImster, I agree with you about Josh's appearance at the custody hearing last week. I even commented on that thread about JP having evil eyes. He clearly looked as if he was coming unglued, IMO.

wm

I am beyond angry, as are the rest of my fellow websleuthers. My mind cannot begin to understand how all of us here on websleuths knew that Josh Powell was a psycho capable of any and every evil deed, yet the social workers, with their training and education aimed at protecting young children, did not take whatever measures necessary to provide ultimate protection to those two innocent boys!! Those who made and approved the poor decisions re: supervised visits in Josh Powells home played a major role in this heinous crime. JMHO

"I would never even hurt her," a tearful, red-eyed Josh Powell told CBS' Early Show in August. "People who know me know that I could never hurt Susan."

About a month later, police spent 12 days in the remote central Utah desert looking for clues, and Josh Powell and his father, Steven, quickly disappeared from the limelight. The search area around Topaz Mountain, a popular spot for rock and gem hunters, was about 30 miles south of where Josh told police he went camping with his two children in the hours before his wife's disappearance — his steadfast alibi.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2106200,00.html

I wish all social workers that have to deal with supervised visits were members on WS. They would demand protection.

I just don't get how a visit can be called 'supervised' when done in the darkness of a private home. Drugs can be slipped in a drink, knives, guns, ropes - anything can happen and by the time the light is shone on the the inside of the home, it can be too late. Yeah, the supervisor can go in and supervise (if the kids don't run ahead to see their dad who is suppose to love them) but in an environment in which the very person whom has been DEEMED TO NEED SUPERVISED has all the control - how can this ever be correct??????? I could see it if re-entry into the home after parenting classes, etc but for the life of me I do not understand supervised visits being done in a residential environment.

By allowing the visit in the home this murderer designed it gave him his favorite thing - power and control. So if the inheritant meaning of supervision is to oversee and control a situation to protect the children - how on earth can anyone think this can be done when the supervisor has no control once she/he arrives at a private residence?

Supervised visitation - the newest oxymoron. :maddening:

I am in Australia and I just found out. I cannot stop crying, I cannot sleep. I am TORMENTED over this.

Those poor little men. I am so glad they are with their Mama now. I PRAY with everything in me that it was so fast they didnt know what was going on, or feel any pain.

I hate JP and SP with every fibre of my being. EVERY. FIBRE.

Kimberly-I just want to say that the visiting social worker most likely does feel horrible beyond words for what happened. Yet, somewhere in the social services hierarchy someone should have intervened to adamantly plead with the court to have visits at a place determined by social services. How many times do children have to lose their lives at the hands of a psycho parent before changes are made for the ultimate protection of the children? Rhetorical question that all of us here would like to have answered.

Unfortunately police couldn't make their case and arrest him. Therefore he was innocent until proven guilty. And CPS was reasoning since the children lived with him before, and he hasn't killed them, then he wasn't a danger to them. I think it was obvious to most of us that what happened to the children could have happened, but not to the legal system because they couldn't make a case against him.

I think this is exactly what happened. It doesn't make it right, though.

Someone yesterday posted that kids should be removed from the home when crimes against a parent have been committed, just until the parents can be cleared. Like Marc Klaas says he volunteered - a polygraph and extreme scrutiny and then the kids can come home. DHS has the power to make it happen, more than any other agency.

Kimberly-I just want to say that the visiting social worker most likely does feel horrible beyond words for what happened. Yet, somewhere in the social services hierarchy someone should have intervened to adamantly plead with the court to have visits at a place determined by social services. How many times do children have to lose their lives at the hands of a psycho parent before changes are made for the ultimate protection of the children? Rhetorical question that all of us here would like to have answered.

ITA!
But what I was referring to is those who are placing blame ON the visitation supervisor herself.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...as-in-the-trunk-boys-said-before-their-deaths

“He was lying in wait, he had this pre-planned. He had everything ready to go and this was going to happen no matter who dropped those boys off," Troyer told NBC's TODAY on Monday. "This is basically a double-murder suicide and he’s the one that’s solely responsible for it.”

I am horrified by this EVIL monster's actions. He murdered his own babies and I think it was because he learned they were beginning to talk about Susan's disappearance.

KImster, I agree with you about Josh's appearance at the custody hearing last week. I even commented on that thread about JP having evil eyes. He clearly looked as if he was coming unglued, IMO.

wm

Yes ------> he was lying in wait ----> in the home he controlled ---> can't set up an explosion in a supervised visitation center. Hopefully those have metal detectors - pat downs and do not allow even a drink to be brought in ......but at this point, who knows. I had limited (very limited) faith in the supervision departments already, but now - I HAVE NONE.

I just don't get how a visit can be called 'supervised' when done in the darkness of a private home. Drugs can be slipped in a drink, knives, guns, ropes - anything can happen and by the time the light is shone on the the inside of the home, it can be too late. Yeah, the supervisor can go in and supervise (if the kids don't run ahead to see their dad who is suppose to love them) but in an environment in which the very person whom has been DEEMED TO NEED SUPERVISED has all the control - how can this ever be correct??????? I could see it if re-entry into the home after parenting classes, etc but for the life of me I do not understand supervised visits being done in a residential environment.

By allowing the visit in the home this murderer designed it gave him his favorite thing - power and control. So if the inheritant meaning of supervision is to oversee and control a situation to protect the children - how on earth can anyone think this can be done when the supervisor has no control once she/he arrives at a private residence?

Supervised visitation - the newest oxymoron. :maddening:

Exactly! There needs to be a new definition for "supervised visitation." Not only does the person need to be monitored, the environment needs to be as well.

I had a very fitful night last night--tossing and turning, awakening with the images of little Braden and Charlie clear in my mind.

I am still SO very angry at that cowardly for taking the lives of such innocent beings. How dare he!

I had a thought this morning regarding Steven's reaction to hearing the news of what his son had done. As I recall, he didn't seem upset about the news, and only resorted to calling the guards unprintable names.

I wonder if he didn't believe what the guards were telling him--that maybe he thought they were just trying to goad him a bit.

I wonder what he is thinking now, as he surely has by now heard or seen proof positive of the cowardly actions that his son took.

I strongly feel as though he is/was just as involved in Susan's disappearance as his son was. I also firmly believe that he coaxed his son into harassing the Cox family with all of those vicious lies.

I hope that he never has another moment of peace.

And I hope that his son rots in the deepest depths of hell for all eternity--he deserves nothing less.

I hope that this message gets to women that think they are trapped in Susan's same delima...........PLEASE for the sake of yourself and your children...........go away as soon as you can...just LEAVE!
I feared the same in the evil DREW Peterson and his children.
and they are with his SON, which could end up the same.
Before you become a victim to these evil men...........LEAVE!
No one should have supervised visitation at 'their' surroundings.
This is a lesson that we can all learn from.
Many more men think like him I am sure.
Hurt as many people as possible.............
look at us at WS hurting and we never knew
Susan, Charlie or Braden.
My heart is breaking for the Cox family and everyone that knew and loved them.
Try explaining this evil to schoolmates, WHY? oh WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18