Jurors names to be released on or after 10/25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media whipped the public into a frenzy? About what?
Id say the attrocity Casey comitted and her well documented dancing on her daughters decomposing corpse whipped the public into a frenzy...with good reason.
As far as the jurrors go I wish them no harm but they are inarguably fools to come up with the verdict they did.I feel little sympathy.
Folks can argue abstractions all day long.They allowed themselves to be manipulated into turning a baby killer loose on the street and denied justice to her victim.

Transparency is of EXTREME importance in the jury system. Jury tampering would be a piece of cake to any sleazy shyster lawyer *coughJBcough* who had a mind to win a case(y) the unethical way.

I say release the names and lets see what shakes out. ;)

I had a dream... the time extension allows more time for the continuing internal investigation. Oh well, wishful thinking as always JMO

pattymarie, i agree w/ you...the judge seem to bend over backwards for the defense..( picking out the jury, striking the ones esp favoring the death penalty...i may be legal dumb, but since when the defense and the accused, especially the accused perp can have a say on who is and who isnt on the jury???? imo, it seemed like the defense and company got WAAAAAAAAAY more "special treatment" and consideration than what ive seen...scott peterson didnt get to pick the jurors did he?
playing devils advocate, im sure he wanted to pander to the defense,b/c IF she was found guilty you KNOW jb/team would be filing mistrial, ect faster than we could say "hooray"...just moo

All defendants get to be including in "picking" the jury of every trial.

I think that the Judge in this case had the most influence on the jury. He bent over backwards to cater to them. They picked up on this and their "specialness" and acted accordingly. It was all about them. ( I may be in the minority here, but I never understood everyone's love fest with this Judge....who continually capitulated to the defense).

It was never about the baby. NO ONE (even the prosecution, imo) made this case about MURDERED baby Caylee. They didn't even display her picture (Dr. G did) or play the heart-wrenching video of her singing "You Are My Sunshine" WHY?!?!

I still cannot believe this outcome. Jury...geez....But I am very anxious to see what happens to the <modsnip> in the "general population" of free America.

Indeed - another reason why I continue to wax wroth about this entire travesty.

i think after the alt, foreman and #3 did their damage the others pleaded with them to stop talking. After hearing their comments it only seemed to anger the public more. I think they are realizing the public doesn't accept the "state didn't prove anything, i read body language, good mother, 31 days was not considered stuff that was spewed" I think if we hear from the jurors it will be
A. as united to have their story straight
or
B. no more comments period.

I noted the alternate stated he wish he hadn't called in to speak. He must have gotten a lot of flack for his off putting comments. I still think some were easily lead into their decision and don't want that info out there showing their apathy.

I wish that "reasonable doubt" vs. "shadow of a doubt" had been explained to the jurors a bit more clearly.
I watched the closing argument and also wonder if Caylee got lost in the arguments of defense vs. state.
Was it better to close with a picture of FCA's tattoo of "bella vita" or would it have been better to close with photos of Caylee, the haunting sound of her singing "You Are My Sunshine" and reminders of this little girl whose life was lost, way too soon, in search of "Bella Vita."
These and other questions haunt me as, in my opinion a killer is living in our midst. The jury did their job based on what they heard. They should not be penalized for doing what they thought was the right thing even though I don't agree.
That is going to have to be good enough for me.
All of this is my own opinion and thank goodness you do not have to agree with me.
Hugs to all.

unfortunately no pics of Caylee were allowed in closings. For the life of me I don't know why. i also think they tuned out every single thing the SA's said in closing because it was stated #3 neever looked at JA and also JA clearly explained he did not have to give motive and that they could decided for themselves how CAylee was murdered, they just had to understand she was. LDB gave an impassioned closing and it fell on deaf ears as well. Im sure they discussed the case prior and since they knew the verdict was swinging toward CAsey they tuned it out so they wouldn't have to hear thr truth.

BTW. totally agree with how it should have been alllowed to close.

also after hearing sunshine video and still finding NG on all charges which i think they would have anyway....it would have made the verdict even harder to hear. to this day i cannot watch a re-reading of it as it is.

I am probably in a minority here but although I strongly disagree with their verdict, who they are is of no importance to me. If they are tortured by the media, the verdict will not change. It is hard enough to select a jury now and if they are harassed, future cases will be in jeapordy. If they receive money or other rewards, this may lead to future jurors expecting the same treatment.

I do feel that the judge tried to cover all bases to insure there would be no reason for an appeal, that's his job. Had the verdict gone the other way, he would still be getting the "I luv this judge" remarks. The special meals, entertainment etc. is always done especially when jurors are sequestered. Heck, when I was a juror in a minor case, the judge (county) paid for several lunches, doughnuts or bagels every morning.

I fear for their safety, too!

Thanks to their decision, another felon is loose on the streets!

I am horrified Casey got off and is free, and I don't think releasing the names is safe for the jurors. I don't believe the two issues are related. I also think it will taint further juror decisions. Jurors will fear making decisions based on public reaction and their names being revealed to the angry public, and work to avoid jury duty imo.

I could care less about them, what they say or books they write.........
They were lazy and did not do the job a jury is asked to do!
Now if they were threatened or paid off, I'll listen...........

Based on what? No one has been attacked. Seems like people are parroting the defense talking points.

I disagree with your opinion. I'm also not "parroting" anything. HHJBP also clearly has worries for their safety.

eta - did the defense speak out about juror safety? If they did I missed it.

I'm not sure I understand this post. If one of the jurors had been attacked, it would be ok to not release their names? Some of the jurors have received death threats which, IMO, warrants not releasing their names until after a cool down period. I'm glad that HHJP is doing this.

I really don't understand why some people want to know their names. What benefit could that possibly serve?

bbm, no benefit at all, and possible great harm imo

I don't think that waiting until October or later is going to serve any purpose. When the jurors names are released, I think it's just going to rile people all up again. Some people will sleuth these jurors and show up at their homes, etc. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when and I don't think waiting a few months is going to change that.

I don't think that waiting until October or later is going to serve any purpose. When the jurors names are released, I think it's just going to rile people all up again. Some people will sleuth these jurors and show up at their homes, etc. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when and I don't think waiting a few months is going to change that.

JMO I think they should wait longer. A couple years imo at least

:waitasec:

I am wondering about something: WHY is Judge Perry STILL "protecting" the Jury ?

They are NO LONGER in Judge Perry's JURISDICTION ! The Jury's "duty" has been "completed" !

Does Judge Perry realize that the Jury did NOT have any "respect" for his "admonitions" ?

Does Judge Perry realize that the Jury OBVIOUSLY discussed the case during sequestration ... and that the Jury obviously started "deliberations" before Jury Instructions were read to them ?

- 10 1/2 hours deliberating - minus "comfy" breaks -- for a 6 week Trial ...
- The Jury did NOT ask for one piece of evidence ...
- The Jury did NOT ask one question -- an explanation of any instruction, etc.

Absolutely NO WAY ...

It is My Opinion that "something" happened with that Jury, and I believe the people have a "RIGHT" to know the TRUTH !

I sincerely hope this matter is being investigated ...

And if it is NOT being investigated, I will have lost ALL FAITH in the Judicial System as well as Judge Perry and the State Attorneys of Florida !

MOO MOO MOO ...

I'm not sure I understand this post. If one of the jurors had been attacked, it would be ok to not release their names? Some of the jurors have received death threats which, IMO, warrants not releasing their names until after a cool down period. I'm glad that HHJP is doing this.

I really don't understand why some people want to know their names. What benefit could that possibly serve?

I don't care what their names are either. But if having the names released allows media access to them, then I'm all for it, as I would still like to hear more of what they have to say as far as how they reached the not guilty verdict. So far, we've only heard from, what, about 25% of them? I'd like to hear, in their own words, what the remaining 75% have to say. That said, however, even when the media has access to them, I seriously doubt that they'll talk, after seeing how the public has reacted to the few that have given interviews. But we'll see what happens after October.

I see...........kinda like pack mentality. I think that the jury made their decision and now they just have to live with it.

And the really difficult thing is that so do we. It stinks to high heaven but what are we going to do? Stew and be angry the rest of our lives???
It is what it is. Nothing is going to change the jury decision. Threats of harm, running them out of town, causing them great family pain will not change the decision.
We need to try and get over this. Refuse (boycott) any attempt for FCA and her family or any attempt by juror's to profit off of the death of Caylee.
Money talks and none of them will get any of mine. My money goes to organizations that truly work on behalf of the children. That is the best I can do as I strive to honor Caylee.

MOO

We're lucky they were so quick. If they took longer, they would have acquitted her of lying too! /half sarc

The jurors don't want each other talking to the media, because it will show that they were talking about the case during the whole trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay