Just one more day, mom...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think she though the whole thing through. She was just riding it out. I really think she's probably surprised at how big this whole thing got. She doesn't live in reality, and she doesn't perceive reality the way we do. I am pretty sure she didn't think that she could be compelled to present a living Caylee. There is one thing that Lee said in the beginning that hit a chord with me. It was when he told Casey that the police would make her produce Caylee and all of the sudden she was scared.
I think Casey thought that because she was the mother that Cindy would not be able to make her tell for certain where Caylee was. I think she thought she could do this indefinitely. In fact, I got the feeling that she thought the police would just say, "ok, if she's with the Nanny, no big deal, Casey's the mom and that's her choice." It wasn't until Lee told her otherwise that she got really nervous. IMO Casey is very dumb and has never had to try very hard to get Cindy to believe even the most outlandish lies, so what would be different this time. I think she thought she could regain control by just getting out of CA's house again.

she would go with her backup plan! whatever THAT WAS :)

Come on, we all know what casey would have done with one more day.
She would have gone to the mall, taken some blurry cell phone pics to send to her parents (of some random little girl) so that they could see that Caylee was fine, and then she would have told them some ridiculous story to buy yet more time. I think she may have taken off after a couple rounds of this game, but only when she knew she couldn't play it any further. As of 6 months ago, she thought she could keep the game going a little longer.

There's something just so weird about this! Do you think she may have just wanted to get caught? Remember when she was talking with Lee and said something to the effect of, "Maybe this should have happened a long time ago."?? I think she had a self-destructive bent and wanted this entire thing to end. Maybe. I dunno. The more I read and hear, the less I know.

I think it was self recrimination that had KC been stopped long long ago then this all would not have happened -- resulting in the death of Caylee. She realized she went too far this time.

Often people who have no structure or boundaries do welcome it, absence enables the person to get away with things but, getting away with it isn't as good after a few times -- it gets old, so they escalate to get the same thrill.

KC wanted to get away with stuff but I think she also wanted to be stopped. CA seemed to be extreme though so KC got away with stuff but then was harshly briefly reigned in -- hard to normalize someone.

Parents gain love and earn respect when "consistent and reasonable boundaries" are set, you have to have the maturity and confidence to do so but -- even as adults we seek structure and boundaries professionally and can thrive in that environ.

She probably wanted to return the rental movies so she wouldn't have late fees.

LA said that she was stunned when he explained to her that the police would MAKE her produce Caylee. She hadn't thought that far in advance.

IMO with one more day she would have taken off (walking if necessary) to California or elsewhere. CA would think Caylee was with her, whatever guy would think the daughter was back in FL with the grandparents. She could buy time day by day as she always did...lying to both sides!

She would have just kept telling CA that she wasn't going to let her talk to Caylee - sort of punishment for getting mad at KC for the money or whatever the fight on the 15th was about.

I don't think she ever planned to leave. I believe that KC thought her story would "fly" and that she would gain worldwide sympathy for having a missing child. I think she thought she was about to become a star.

One more day would have probably led into lots more days if Cindy had gone for it. Casey would probably have worked on the marine in california, went out there, used the Anthony's at home, and kept the charade up of looking for Caylee for a long time. I still suspect that the Anthony's may have been told about some kidnap with ransom from the beginning, so Casey would probably have tried to bilk them out of money, finance her travels, be a place to flop if she wanted to come back, gotten rid of the car, and gave her another one if she'd had her way. After all, Casey had gotten away with increasingly complicated plots. In some she confessed and in some she cooked up a victim scenario like the guns being pulled on her in some sort of robbery that seems to have bilked George out of his $4,000.

To move Caylees' body to a different place,and try to think of more lies that she thinks will convince people that she is a victim in all this.
Bingo. She would have tried desperately to perfect her story about a fictional nanny kidnapping her kid.

It was just an attempt to get out of the situation with Cindy at that moment and nothing more. She'd been blowing her mother off for a month and she wanted to continue doing just that. moo

I think Casey thought that because she was the mother that Cindy would not be able to make her tell for certain where Caylee was. I think she thought she could do this indefinitely. In fact, I got the feeling that she thought the police would just say, "ok, if she's with the Nanny, no big deal, Casey's the mom and that's her choice."

Delurking -- I hope that's ok!

This is a great point -- it's as if in Casey's mind, Caylee was the only "thing" that SHE "owned." Everything else belongs to George, Cindy, or whomever else Casey was bleeding dry at the moment.

As for the "one more day," I think that's Casey's version of Scheherazade from 1001 Arabian Nights. I do think she probably had a host of embryonic schemes that she was working on (e.g., move the body to a more remote spot, take off to California, etc.). But like most of her schemes, they would never have amounted to anything. IMO, the only plan she actually accomplished was the murder.

I don't think she though the whole thing through. She was just riding it out. I really think she's probably surprised at how big this whole thing got. She doesn't live in reality, and she doesn't perceive reality the way we do. I am pretty sure she didn't think that she could be compelled to present a living Caylee. There is one thing that Lee said in the beginning that hit a chord with me. It was when he told Casey that the police would make her produce Caylee and all of the sudden she was scared.
I think Casey thought that because she was the mother that Cindy would not be able to make her tell for certain where Caylee was. I think she thought she could do this indefinitely. In fact, I got the feeling that she thought the police would just say, "ok, if she's with the Nanny, no big deal, Casey's the mom and that's her choice." It wasn't until Lee told her otherwise that she got really nervous. IMO Casey is very dumb and has never had to try very hard to get Cindy to believe even the most outlandish lies, so what would be different this time. I think she thought she could regain control by just getting out of CA's house again.

(bold my me)

I am almost surprised that LE didn't say that...anyone else?

I don't think she ever planned to leave. I believe that KC thought her story would "fly" and that she would gain worldwide sympathy for having a missing child. I think she thought she was about to become a star.

Yes, yes and more yes.

She would have off'd the parents and then headed to Fusion. JMHO

There's something just so weird about this! Do you think she may have just wanted to get caught? Remember when she was talking with Lee and said something to the effect of, "Maybe this should have happened a long time ago."?? I think she had a self-destructive bent and wanted this entire thing to end. Maybe. I dunno. The more I read and hear, the less I know.

Manifesting one's own destiny.... I often wondered what her next move would have been with Amy once she was caught stealing her money.

I have thought about this often. It seems that someone who had just killed her daughter would have left the area at once and informed her parents that she and Caylee were never coming home again. There wouldn't be much the A's could about that as she was an adult and Caylee's legal guardien. It would have been so simple and likely would have worked. I can see no great attachment to her family and there are a million Tony's out there. KC would have had no trouble landing on her feet. SO WHY DID SHE STAY? :waitasec:

ITA. She wanted more time to convince CA there was no need to ever involve LE.

There was no thought to run, run where? I doubt she'd move the body, too risky.

Keep it in the family.

Just imagine if she HAD gone to the A's with her ridiculous story BEFORE the cops were called. I mean, they've gone along with it for all these months...I wonder how long she could have convinced them that they had to "keep it in the family" - maybe forever.

Gone to California. I think that was her plan or "backup plan" for the last few weeks before getting caught by Cindy, but she is so terrible at accomplishing anything that she just kept putting off and putting off trying to think more than 10 minutes ahead. Same reason she did such a lousy (but lucky) job of hiding Caylee's remains.

(bold my me)

I am almost surprised that LE didn't say that...anyone else?

It may be because she "admitted to Cindy that the babysitter stole her". They now had a "crime" they needed to respond to and resolve. If she kept up the charade that Caylee was with the nanny having a great time at amusment parks, the beach, Jay Blanchard Park etc., they may have. Also, I think LE knew from jump that something terrible happened to this baby because the smell of decomp in the car.

my question is- amy was coming back from PR on the 15th. what was casey planning on doing when amy realized her bank account was empty, and the first check was signed by "casey anthony"? just "oops guess we're not friends!" and move on?

I think Casey figured her mom would repay Amy, just like she had done with grandma and everybody else in the past. This is why I partially blame the A's. If Casey had been taught the consequences of her actions from the time she was a child, or had professional treatment maybe Casey would have turned out differently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back