Kaine explains the car swap

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All we have is Kaine's word that Terri was the one who initiated the car swap for the reasons he states. While it is compelling, it is unsubstantiated. I could very easily see him saying "Hey, lemme drive the 'stang today."

Hard to prove, and taking things on faith anymore in this case.....well, color me jaded.

I think there is a thread about the baby being with him; it came out about a week or so ago.

As far as the talent show, there is no confirmation if Kyron was ever meant to be in it. Kaine did not seem to be aware of and neither did Desiree. It may not have been one where every child was a participant, but rather optional.

Now that is shocking news to me...that baby K may have been with Kaine at Intel???
I've always wondered where she was, but finally settled for the idea that she
had to have been with TH. Since no mention was made of her being seen at the
school, I pictured her asleep in the truck.
I never, ever thought of her being with Kaine!!
Can we track down where this idea came from?

Now that is shocking news to me...that baby K may have been with Kaine at Intel???

I may be wrong but I believe Kaine has recently stated that the baby was with TH at school that day.

IF the projects were set up the day before....then her needing the truck to bring the project home only works if she actually had brought it home. After the science fair, which DY thought Terri was staying all morning for....or, later that day. I'm betting Terri has no reasonable explanation for why neither of those things were done.

IF the projects were set up that morning....Terri still has a problem because she didn't stay for the science fair and bring the project home and she didn't pick up the project. If she was going to pick it up after school, then Kyron wouldn't need to ride the bus.

It is my understanding that the project wasn't picked up at all. I thought there were pics of it at school after Kyron was missing....

Seems there was some understanding by DY that Terri was supposed to be at school that day til the fair ended.

ok...I'm rambling...

IF the projects were set up the day before....then her needing the truck to bring the project home only works if she actually had brought it home.

AND if it didn't rain in that part of Oregon that day. Does anyone know if Kaine's truck has a cap on it? Or is it open? Weird to think of someone transporting something light-weight and paper in an open truck bed.

She would need the truck if she planned on buying something during the day that wouldn't fit in the mustang.
That could be, but what stands out to me is this:

She asked Kaine for use of the truck for the day because she needed to bring Kyron's project home after school.

This according to Kaine in his answers to the media.

So, simply, if she didn't bring Kyron's project home that afternoon in the truck ~and she certainly didn't bring Kyron home, either ~ than what did she really need the truck for?

No one likes being lied to, and I am sure that Kaine is no different. In light of his son not being on the bus, I feel pretty certain he noted Terri's lie even if he didn't make a big deal out of it at first.

Personally, I believe that Desiree, Tony, and Kaine (in that order) knew that Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance from the very first day. It may still be sinking in, with each remembered word and act of Terri, but I think that these three, along with investigators, noted immediately that Terri was lying. Even those practiced at lying, and those that think they are getting away with their lies, usually aren't very good at lying.

My opinions.

IF the projects were set up the day before....then her needing the truck to bring the project home only works if she actually had brought it home. After the science fair, which DY thought Terri was staying all morning for....or, later that day. I'm betting Terri has no reasonable explanation for why neither of those things were done.

IF the projects were set up that morning....Terri still has a problem because she didn't stay for the science fair and bring the project home and she didn't pick up the project. If she was going to pick it up after school, then Kyron wouldn't need to ride the bus.

It is my understanding that the project wasn't picked up at all. I thought there were pics of it at school after Kyron was missing....

Seems there was some understanding by DY that Terri was supposed to be at school that day til the fair ended.

ok...I'm rambling...

LOL, nah....you are not rambling I don't think....I think you are spot on.

This makes me wonder why Kaine didn't question his wife about why the project wasn't taken home yet if the original plan was to stay for the whole science fair and take it home that day. Didn't he ask her why she might have left early? Or was he really oblivious about those things? That would have been my first question upon returning home and not seeing the project there since that was the excuse for taking the truck in the first place.

At the time Kyron was not missing. I don't think he was oblivious, it probably wasn't a big deal at that moment. In hindsight he probably thinks more about it.

Kaine stated in the MSM about a week ago that the baby with TH at the science fair. The interview has been linked to often, so hopefully I don't have to link to it again.

And nobody has substantiated a single thing about the talent show. I think it's a red herring. Could that be put in the mythbusters thread if it hasn't been already? JMO

I'm wondering the same thing. Sounds like he didn't question why she didn't bring the project home, or why she found it necessary to leave early.
Maybe he did, and we are not supposed to know the answers just yet.

At the time he came home, I am sure the project was not even in his mind.

She asked for the truck (who cares?) and the project was not a big deal.

When the child doesn't get off of the bus, the last thing he is thinking about is, "Where's the project?"

At this time, he and Terri are "in love" and his wife is not on the radar screen for him for any reason.

He believes anything and everything that she says.

Then things start falling apart and things start making sense over time.

He is under major major stress. In the beginning, I am sure he could he hardly remember his own name.

I wish Kaine would clear up, If he knows whether Kyron was to be in the talent show, and if Terri was to attend or not

In the talent show thread you will find that answer. Kaine and Desiree both addressed that in an interview. They said they were not sure that it had been confirmed he was to participate. IIRC

I think there is a thread about the baby being with him; it came out about a week or so ago.

As far as the talent show, there is no confirmation if Kyron was ever meant to be in it. Kaine did not seem to be aware of and neither did Desiree. It may not have been one where every child was a participant, but rather optional.

Thanks! I missed that somehow.

In an interview Kaine said baby K was with Terri.

All we have is Kaine's word that Terri was the one who initiated the car swap for the reasons he states. While it is compelling, it is unsubstantiated. I could very easily see him saying "Hey, lemme drive the 'stang today."

Hard to prove, and taking things on faith anymore in this case.....well, color me jaded.
I understand feeling jaded, but Debs, do we really have any reason to doubt Kaine's account regarding the truck and the mustang?

Sure, he COULD be lying...but WHY? We've heard nothing about Kaine being a liar. Wouldn't LE, DY, TY, and even Terri's attorney be all over this if he were submitting untruths to to the media? (Well, maybe not Terri and her attorney, as their tactic seems to be "say nothing").

I just feel certain that all this was a huge topic of conversation that evening of June 4th, when Desiree arrived. I can see her coming on strong with the questions, and her really "pounding" Terri for answers about why she didn't stay at the fair, why she didn't walk Kyron all the way to his class, why she didn't pick him and his project up after school. I can picture Kaine watching and listening to Desiree, and him putting together a lot of things in his mind; things that any spouse wouldn't have tried hard to analyze in less dire circumstances.

I also see Tony as gently and firmly leading Kaine out of denial and into the harsh reality that Terri was being much less than candid with her account of the day.

Just my opinion.

JMO! I think TH may have originally planned to attend the full IB Inquiry Expo as a chaperone for one of the smaller groups into which the children were assembled. This explains DY being surprised in her first telephone conversation with Terri that she hadn't stayed there for the full 8-10 show; it also explains why she expected to be able to take home the project at the end of the show at 10 am, per Kaine. But since Terri had the toddler in tow (and we have established this in another thread), if it turned out they had an adequate number of parent volunteers even without her, she may have not needed to stay, and so changed her plans. I would have, with a toddler who may have had enough and if there were ample coverage. What I'm getting at is that I can see a perfectly innocent explanation for this. Does not in my mind point to premeditation or snapping or anything.

BTW, I don't believe that it's a science fair of the type some posters may be thinking, with ribbons and awards. It's the IB (International Baccalaureate) Inquiry Expo. Noncompetitive, IMO. The project would have been graded, but it's likely the teachers would have reviewed the projects the afternoon before. Maybe some of the projects would go on to state science fairs, but that's neither here nor there.

MOO.

Maybe she took the project up in the Mustang and realized it would be easier to transport back in the truck. Maybe she intended on taking the project home that morning, but found out that everyone was leaving their projects for the entire day...

This sounds sensible

I may be wrong but I believe Kaine has recently stated that the baby was with TH at school that day.

This has me confused also. Kaine said that Terri had the baby that a.m. Maybe this is another piece to the puzzle. No one from the get go ever said Terri, baby and Kyron at the school. Maybe this is what Kaine believed and now knows that Baby K was NOT with Terri. All fits into "Things Terri said that aren't backed up as the time line and facts were being investigated">

He left for work that a.m. before they went to the school! He didn't actually see that Baby K went to the school. Like so much other info. IMO just another thing he was told vs the facts they learned?

Imo everything that Kaine,Desiree,Tony say to the press etc are carefully crafted and directed by LE/FBI. I doesn't make sense to me that they would veer off course and risk the investigation. Although this case isn't the easiest to make sense of at this point!

All just my humble opinion.

Thanks for posting. Right at this exact minute, I'm starting to wonder why he is so voluntarily visible. We've had a whole lot of Kaine in the past couple of days.

If it helps, then good. But still, overall, weird.

imo

I think it's almost a scorched earth effect. "Look we gave you every opportunity to come clean, tell the police, tell a friend whatever, now the whole world gets to know all the details."

He's also making it clear there is no reconciliation even if Kyron comes home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back