DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Lady Edith .. but her grandma.

The pithiest of the pithiest! :floorlaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3FRCHSdS8

I watched that the entire way through! That was like multiple Maggasms! lol I need a cigarette now.

Truly I had a smile on my face through that entire 5 minutes and a few snorts along the way. I miss my DA now so much (even the music makes my heart swell).

KatieCoolLady, your story is very touching.

I can't help but again pick up on this Kiefer fellows words. What he's endorsing by suggesting the State/family ought to have taken the plea is blackmail. Shameful. This case is so clearly murder 1. Whether it should amount to life or death is, as we know, is up for debate, but the fact that it was premeditated was proven and then some.

KatieCoolLady, your story is very touching.

I can't help but again pick up on this Kiefer fellows words. What he's endorsing by suggesting the State/family ought to have taken the plea is blackmail. Shameful. This case is so clearly murder 1. Whether it should amount to life or death is, as we know, is up for debate, but the fact that it was premeditated was proven and then some.

And some and some and some and some and some. From Yreka to Utah and everywhere in between including between weapons. :(

I watched that the entire way through! That was like multiple Maggasms! lol I need a cigarette now.

Truly I had a smile on my face through that entire 5 minutes and a few snorts along the way. I miss my DA now so much (even the music makes my heart swell).

KCL - did you catch Ripper Street at all?

That's my favourite - the drop dead gorgeous Matthew Macfadyen as Inspector Reid, Jerome Flynn as Sergeant Drake and American actor Adam Rothenberg as Captain Jackson?

It takes a bit of getting into mainly because the dialogue is very authentic 'Victorian' .. and I know a few got turned off after the first episode, but I stuck with it and came to absolutely love it. They are currently filming the second series in Dublin. It was shown on BBC America I think?

If you haven't seen it - here's the UK trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnhV5K9F39g

That is it. He is the only person making all the rounds making his point as to why he supports this sweet little girl. Sounds like Darrell Brewer. Trying to taint the jury pool as far as I can tell. JMO.

Be patient please. He will not have any effect imo.

The problem with DB is that he has a bias. You can hear it in his voice when Juan asks him about the telephone calls about the gas cans. Juan has to literally drag the answer out of him and when it eventually comes the 'yes' is spoken with reluctance, in hushed tone, with a sigh ... he doesn't want to say it because he knows it's incriminating. That single 'yes' gives away right there, without any other evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TKGSgdzJ74

I thought that was the moment he realized the reason she really needed those gas cans. Then he admitted she told him she was going to Arizona and Utah.

I thought that was the moment he realized the reason she really needed those gas cans. Then he admitted she told him she was going to Arizona and Utah.

He struck me as a fake! Both on the stand and the filming in the hotel room.
Just saying and jmo

He might rile some other jurors into talking.

Yes.
Can u I.imagine being one of thos jurors? They have been thru alot!
Silently!
For months!
For him to be the only speaker of their ordeal?
I dont think so!!!!!!!
Talk about candidates for PTSD!!!

KCL - did you catch Ripper Street at all?

That's my favourite - the drop dead gorgeous Matthew Macfadyen as Inspector Reid, Jerome Flynn as Sergeant Drake and American actor Adam Rothenberg as Captain Jackson?

It takes a bit of getting into mainly because the dialogue is very authentic 'Victorian' .. and I know a few got turned off after the first episode, but I stuck with it and came to absolutely love it. They are currently filming the second series in Dublin. It was shown on BBC America I think?

If you haven't seen it - here's the UK trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnhV5K9F39g

Never heard of it! I will have to find it now...wonder if it's out on DVD's? I have ALL the Downton Abbey's and watch it over once a year and catch up from the beginning for the new season. Obsessed. I even make myself little tea trays...it's kinda sick. In a good way. Is this anything related to Jack the Ripper or nothing at all?

PS changed my profile pic as my last one was giving someone PTSD reminding them of a JA pose....UGH!!! Maybe that's why I got a few snarky posts lately. ;)

PS look what I found...I'm totally getting this:

Amazon.com: Ripper Street

OT
last week I bought property in arizona!
I love it there!

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

Did you see this interview where he states that he is going on these shows b/c he is now aware of the public hatred towards CMJA, and he wants people to realize our justice system is based on innocent until proven guilty, and that CMJA is a human being.

First of all, does the Foreman not realize that she HAS BEEN PROVEN GUILTY? Was he zoned out during that little part of the trial?? She is now been proven guilty, he can speak his mind about her and what he thinks of what she did. But no, he chooses to in a way defend her, even after he was one of the ones who convicted her! WTF??

That CMJA is a human being....Travis was a human being too. She took his life and to this day feels no remorse for it, and has never stated that she would not do the actual killing again.
I could be wrong, but I think the 'innocent until proven guilty' quote from the foreman might be being taken out of context or getting muddled. I'm basing what I'm about to say on the abc interview, when he was talking about her time on the stand.

I personally got confused by a quote earlier and I got the context wrong (I didn't realise that he made the comment about wanting to defend her because she was trashed by the media in the context of "I found out after the admonition was lifted" and I said that he shouldn't have known the media was trashing her and he shouldn't have let it sway his decision while deliberating). So I'm definitely not directing any criticism towards you. The same thing happened to me. To be honest I'm a bit reluctant to defend him because I wasn't impressed by what he said, but I think in all fairness his words should be used correctly.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-jury-foreman-interview-william-zervakos-19248927

Starting at 3.30 - whether her time on the stand hurt or helped her:
We're charged with ... going in presuming innocence, right? Um ... but she was on the stand for so long, there were so many contradicting stories. Uh, I think the way the prosecutor was with her, he's known for an aggressive style. I think it was very hard. I think it would be difficult for anybody. I don't think I'd want to sit on the stand for 18 days. Um. But I don't think it did her any, no. That length of time? No. I don't think it did her any good at all."

There could be another quote, I've only listened to this interview (I think, it's a bit of a blur). And I'm sick of his voice now that I've listened to that part about 20 times while I typed it out!! But to me, that part sounded like he was saying "we were meant to think she was innocent until we proved her guilty, but her time on the stand made that part hard for us".

Just moo.

Thanks for sharing...I find those dynamics fascinating. I think 18 would have had a run for his money had Daniel Gibb stayed on that jury (who I'd love to talk to one day).

I agree!

I wonder if #18 was the foreman from the very start?

That is it. He is the only person making all the rounds making his point as to why he supports this sweet little girl. Sounds like Darrell Brewer. Trying to taint the jury pool as far as I can tell. JMO.

I agree with you. Neither one tho will taint the new jury pool. Mark my word.

Never heard of it! I will have to find it now...wonder if it's out on DVD's? I have ALL the Downton Abbey's and watch it over once a year and catch up from the beginning for the new season. Obsessed. I even make myself little tea trays...it's kinda sick. In a good way. Is this anything related to Jack the Ripper or nothing at all?

PS changed my profile pic as my last one was giving someone PTSD reminding them of a JA pose....UGH!!! Maybe that's why I got a few snarky posts lately. ;)

PS look what I found...I'm totally getting this:

Knowing what I know of you from what you write ... I think you will love it. All else aside one or two of the cast are well ... let's just say ... easy on the old eye, if you catch me drift? :heartbeat:

The archaic syntax of the dialogue (very authentic if you listen to speech patterns from that era) are a bit tricky in the beginning. Think Victorian Shakespeare (a poor analogy, but the best I can think of) but once you get into it, it becomes second nature. First episode or two you might find yourself rewinding 'what did they say? :floorlaugh:' I did and I'm a Brit! .. but eventually you settle into it and it's bril.

Great old fashioned crime drama - fabulous set, plotlines - a bit dark and gruesome on occasions, but let's face it Victorian London was dark and gruesome ... but such a great series.

Let me know how you go with it Katie if you do decide to buy it? I'd love to hear what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy