GUILTY Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think KK might give an interview after this is over? She was probably shocked when she found out about PF's notes to murder her and her family and friends.
I’m really not sure. I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

My sense is that she wants this all to go away, and doesn’t want to generate any more negative publicity for herself.

Ha! That’s typically a way to get things IN to jail, as opposed to leaving.

I think most jails allow you to keep certain personal items, and he just put those letters along with those things when he left.

There has to be a reformed criminal who’s served some jail time amongst us, @GordianKnot can you help?
I'll tell my husband he's wrong. Again!! Lol!! Your answer makes sense. Wonder what would have happened if he was caught with those notes on his way out the door.

Does anyone think KK might give an interview after this is over? She was probably shocked when she found out about PF's notes to murder her and her family and friends.

I'm not sure KK can destroy her reputation any further and she's got to need the money.

I would bet her attorneys have already struck a deal with media outlets unless there's some restriction on what she can do before her "punishment" occurs.

In fact, this may be the arrangement she's made to pay the attorneys.

MOO

There are some hilarious posts tonight! Thanks for that.
I’m headed to bed with not only the Berreths on my mind, but also the members of the jury. I hope they bring their best selves to court tomorrow. They are faced with a tremendous task that I pray they approach with courage and wisdom.
We all want justice in this case. Tomorrow it will be up to them. The evidence is so clear to us; I hope it is as clear to them.

I don't think so. In my opinion, she's going to want to stay far away from any media attention now. She's been disgraced in many people's eyes, she's hurt her family's name(s) and endangered them as well as her friend (see hit list), she willingly helped clean up a murder scene and helped destroy evidence.

I don't think she's going to want to be interviewed by any reporter and have to answer any tough questions.

"What I expect from the defense is to attack, attack, attack every witness who provided evidence against Frazee and to emphasize the absence of a corpse. Beyond that, they have very little to even talk about," said 9NEWS Legal Expert Scott Robinson. "Prosecutors presented a wealth of evidence against Patrick Frazee. And the prosecutor’s job during the closing arguments is to tie it all together and give it to the jury as a package. A package, when opened, says guilty as charged."

After closing statements, the 16 people who have been in the jury box for more than two weeks of testimony will learn if they are one of the 12 jurors or four alternates. Deliberations could begin as soon as Monday afternoon.
Closing statements Monday morning in trial against Kelsey Berreth murder suspect

TODAY, MONDAY NOVEMBER 18TH 2019 IS AMNESTY DAY ON THE KELSEY BERRETH THREAD!

Hi Everyone,

If you are still under a time-out because of a violation that occurred on this thread please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and let me know. I will look into your situation and unless you did something that was really awful your time-out will be lifted.

We are giving you a do-over but with the do-over comes a speech from me about the rules.

Just because someone posts something you disagree with does not mean you can be rude or snarky to that person. If a person is posting something that violates TOS please do not hesitate to alert.

Remember just because it is your theory or your opinion that doesn't mean you can post any wild accusation you want.

Please remember NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. No matter how much someone annoys you or makes you lose your mind you cannot insult them or in general be a jerk to that person. If the person is violating TOS then all you have to do is alert and scroll. It is very simple. If you choose to insult a fellow poster you will be timed out or banned depending on the situation.

If you see posts have been removed and you feel that they shouldn't have been please remember, there are all kinds of things going on behind the scenes that you do not know about. Plus, if a post that violates TOS is quoted then we have to remove the whole post not just the quoted part.

Please understand our wonderful hardworking mods do everything they can before someone is banned. We do not like timing-out or banning people so please heed their warnings when they come in and post about TOS violations.

While I know many think Websleuths rules are complicated they really aren't. Stick to the facts, don't be a jerk, alert on a post that violates TOS and scroll on by. That's it. Easy Peasy.

Thank you for participating.

Take Care,
Tricia
P.S. It is past 3 am and I have been up for a looooooog time. Please forgive any mistakes on my part. I am flat out loopy and should not be operating heavy machinery.

I still believe the cellphone data will be the testimony that will sink him. Perhaps, there are a few jurors that aren't convinced because of the lack of some physical evidence. What is the explanation for PF having her phone on Thanksgiving without the presence of KB at the franch? The phony text messages and calls while being in the same location? Also if a juror or two thinks KK is a liar, she ended up with the phone and gun in Idaho obviously handed off by PF. It's this part that makes PF look inept. He thought he was so smart burning the remains. How will a defense attorney get around that information in Closing Arguments? I guess they just need to skip over it. Maybe the jury will forget about it? Just like the jury would need to forget about PF's hit list?
How will the DOC keep PF from trying to retaliate once in prison? He's just so evil. I hope they segregate him from others.

I don't think so. In my opinion, she's going to want to stay far away from any media attention now. She's been disgraced in many people's eyes, she's hurt her family's name(s) and endangered them as well as her friend (see hit list), she willingly helped clean up a murder scene and helped destroy evidence.

I don't think she's going to want to be interviewed by any reporter and have to answer any tough questions.

Unless she is seeking forgiveness from the public. She may want to tell her side of the story to the media as a form of repentance. She may want others to know she was under his spell. She was in love, and she believed the lies he told.

I would think it best she not talk about it. No matter what she tries to sell about herself, others will not believe her. They will say she is trying to profit off her own crime and should be incarcerated for a long time with her boyfriend.

My guess is we haven't heard the end from her.

Monday, November 18th:
*Trial continues (Day 11)-Closing Arguments (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on Monday, 10/28 with jury selection, trial started on 11/1. Trial is expected to last 3 weeks (thru 11/18/19). Jurors: 7 women & 5 men; alternates: 2 women & 2 men.
See post #709 here for 10/28/19 thru 11/14/19 court trial information (Day 1 thru Day 9):
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

11/15/19 Day 10: The judge is holding a private hearing to rule on this new evidence 'prior' to court starting. If the court reaches 5 p.m. before both sides rest, the closing arguments will get pushed to Monday morning. There is no deliberation planned for the weekend. State witnesses: Retired police officer Jonathyn Priest (crime scene expert/blood stain pattern analyst). JB (aka John Doe) (Frazee's fellow prisoner that he solicited to have key prosecution witness & other witnesses murdered). CBI lead investigator Gregg Slater (read a total of 17 letters sent to Bentley, mostly written on napkins, read all of them, and said they appeared to be in Frazee's handwriting; Bentley came forward with these letters only on Monday, 11/11/19). State rests their case. Defense rested their case without calling any witnesses. Defense is arguing for a lesser charge like manslaughter because the DA took Lee's testimony as gospel. Prosecution holds fast for first degree premeditated murder. Judge is deciding. Based on jury instruction arguments, seems like jury will have the option to convict Frazee on lesser charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter instead of just first-degree murder. Instructions will be finalized this afternoon. Closing arguments start on Monday, 11/18.
*Child: Review hearing on 12/5/19.

*Krystal Jean Lee (Kenney) – Plea deal-plead guilty to 1 count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Will testify at Frazee’s trial. Review hearing on 12/2. That will NOT be a sentencing date. Assuming the trial is complete, she will report to probation on that day with sentencing scheduled for 8 weeks after that. Judge Sells says if the trial is delayed, he plans to just delay that review hearing as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne