Kiomarie and other issues

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. But hasn't he already "shot the moon" w/ the latest round of defense motions? Seems to me they are going for LE misconduct and evidence tampering. Of course, he does seem to do things *advertiser censored** backward, so maybe a motion for Kio's phone records is forthcoming. But I doubt it. I think AL probably staked her bet on what we saw in these latest motions.

I thought one of our posters found no evidence of a call to/from KC to Kio, during that period? (earlier this thread, IIRC)

If that is the case, the only interest LE would have is whether her theory about Caylee's body disposal site was correct.

It wasn't.

If there is evidence that KC called from the missing BB to KMTC 's phone by using KMTC's phone records.. then JB would be demanding those records.

I agree and I'm just not comfortable speculating this blackjack even exists since we've seen nothing credible of which I'm aware to indicate that it does. I'm also not comfortable speculating that phone records that may or may not be released someday may support this theory. I'm all for theorizing but much prefer to have some factual basis to support the theories. IMO, speculation upon speculation with no basis in fact is not a credible theory.

warning before it starts. If you do not like this topic then move along.
I have decided that if I have trouble with this thread, I am not going to close it I am going to ban certain people from it. So think before you post.
If you are bullying, making up information, attacking ad hominem or directly, or insulting other posters, your days on this thread are limited. The offtopic chit chat has got to stiop as well because imo it is just serving as a distraction.
you decide.

I thought one of our posters found no evidence of a call to/from KC to Kio, during that period? (earlier this thread, IIRC)

If that is the case, the only interest LE would have is whether her theory about Caylee's body disposal site was correct.

It wasn't.

Right. But, my point was that if it was integral to the defense, they would have certainly filed one of their poorly worded motions. They didn't, instead they fired a salvo of motions that IMO, shows what direction they are going with. And it isn't in Kio's direction.

If that made sense.....I may be a little rusty after not posting for several days.

It wasn't.

IIRC the detective stated that the records from KC's phone hadn't indicated a call to Kio on July 9th that he was aware of, so of course he requested Kio's phone records to track the phone that made the call, i.e. to find out what phone Casey A called on on July 9.

If Casey A did not in fact call Kio on July 9, and Kio did not in fact hear Caylee still alive on the 9th, then the question is why did Kio make these claims to LE?

Anyway, those are two reasons why KMTC's phone records, (I would say from any/all phones she used/uses) are important.

It's pretty obvious to me that Kio would not mistake Casey W for Casey A on the phone, for the many reasons discussed earlier in this thread.

Yes, surely he will be asking for those records.

Will be? That sounds like a factual statement, as in you know for a fact that he is going to be asking for them.

The point here, is that to date, he hasn't asked for them. Time is quickly flying by. If this was important, then he would have all ready requested it. But he hasn't.

However, he could request them. Doesn't mean he will get them. Cause he has the same problem that the LE has. He has to prove the need for them and the relevance of them. That is something that JB hasn't learned how to do yet. So it would end up being another waste of time Motion.

IIRC the detective stated that the records from KC's phone hadn't indicated a call to Kio on July 9th that he was aware of, so of course he requested Kio's phone records to track the phone that made the call, i.e. to find out what phone Casey A called on on July 9.

If Casey A did not in fact call Kio on July 9, and Kio did not in fact hear Caylee still alive on the 9th, then the question is why did Kio make these claims to LE?

Anyway, those are two reasons why KMTC's phone records, (I would say from any/all phones she used/uses) are important.

It's pretty obvious to me that Kio would not mistake Casey W for Casey A on the phone, for the many reasons discussed earlier in this thread.

Yet, the importance appears to have escaped LE.

....the only interest LE would have is whether her theory about Caylee's body disposal site was correct.

It wasn't.

In her conversation with the detective (there are links on page 1 of this thread for the audio and transcripts), KMTC not only talked about the "hideout" area behind the school, she and the detective walked along the fenced areas of woods and she also alluded to the woods across from the school on Suburban.

Those are the woods where the remains were finally found.

She did everything but walk LE right up to the spot (granted, that she didn't do! :) )

Yet, she does not appear to be on LEs radar.

Right, we don't know if they ever got the phone records. The records have not appeared in released documents, so still waiting to see. Hopefully the defense will obtain the records if they are not released to them in discovery.

Bolded by me

See to me it is quite obvious that Kio made a mistake during the heat of the moment. I don't really know if that makes sense to anyone else but it does to me. She hears about what is happening and thinks hey I talked to KC A back on whatever date it was by phone and possibly in Target. She tries to remember the conversations. She mentions that she might know something and she is pushed into calling LE. She has 2 friends named KC, both with kids, neither of which she has seen regularly in how long? She relates her story, then stops and takes a moment to really think about it and realizes that she talked to the wrong KC on one or the other occassion or both. I just don't see the big deal at all. LE would have checked KC records for the call and possible gotten Kio's records and maybe even talked to the other KC. If there was any indication that her story was malicious in intent, I think she would have been charged with something. It seems to me that this has been blown completely out of proportion.

Why would it be completely obvious to you that she could not mistake the 2 KC's? I could see it happening very easily.

I don't get why this is bothering you so much. Do you think that Kio is some how involved? If so, then can you explain what you think she did? If you don't think that she was somehow involved, then can you explain why this particular thing seems to be clawing at you when KC's lies don't seem to be having the same effect?

The way KMTC changed her story to LE is obviously important in the case, as all witness statements are. One major reason it's important is because the change in her statement is about the date Caylee was last heard alive. (Without mentioning any people, speaking only of posts, I have to say the rudeness in some posts here is quite glaring, and completely unnecessary. Anyone who doesn't think this is a topic for discussion obviously doesn't need to discuss it here.)

It's obvious to me that Kio knew which Casey she was speaking with during the phone call, she wouldn't confuse the "two" Caseys. She told her neighbor that it was Casey A who called, and went so far as to call LE and tell them it was Casey A who had called. She said she heard Caylee in the background in the July 9th call. She said Casey referenced on the phone how they had run into each other in April at Walmart. She knows very well that Casey A's mother doesn't live out of state (another good point Princess Rose), so if the Casey on the phone had been discussing going to live with her mother out of state as Kio later claimed, Kio would have known that it wasn't Casey A on the phone.

So IMO, either Casey A did call on July 9 and Caylee was alive then,

or, KMTC had originally made up this story for some reason. What it is, I can only guess, but hopefully we'll see the phone record at trial to see what phone that really was that called KMT, and in turn the records for that phone.

What information do you have that apparently LE doesn't that indicates this change is "important in the case"? Do you have any evidence that Kio wasn't just mistaken, as she claimed and as was apparently accepted by LE? Do you have any evidence that the call was actually between KC and Kio, instead of CaseyW. and Kio or that any such call actually occurred at all?

These are just questions in furtherance of the discussion of Kio's statements to LE and aren't meant to be rude. But for these issues to be discussed intelligently, I think we need to have the same info on which you're basing your assertions, don't you agree? Otherwise, seems like random speculation at the expense of an innocent young girl who appears misguided, at worst, imo.

You still seem confused about what my assertions are. Again, I can only refer you back to this thread.

There has certainly been a lot of random speculation and accusations posted on this board at the expense of various parties who may be innocent, but not by me.

What I've been discussing here is this witness's official (public) statements to LE regarding the last date the victim was heard alive. I have never made any accusation toward this witness or any other witness in this case.

For clarity and context, above is the post you wrote and my full response to which you replied in the final post quoted above.

I disagree that I am confused. I'm simply reading your posts. If your intent is different than what was written, that's something I can't know. I do however, suggest you've confused the wording in my response to you as I don't suggest you've accused anyone. I wrote about your assertions. For example, you assert that all witness statements and "especially" changes are important. So I asked what information you possess that LE apparently doesn't to indicate this witness, her statement and even the change is important to the case. (They don't appear interested in Kio at this time.) I also asked if you have any information that Kio wasn't just mistaken. These are assertions made in your post and my understanding of the rules here is that we're all entitled to ask for support of assertions made. In fact, admin has gone to great lengths recently to explain one shouldn't be offended when asked for corroboration. That way, we're all working with the same information and can come to reasonable conclusions based on it. If, as you asserted in the last post quoted above, I am truly misunderstanding what you wrote, please explain where I went wrong.

You also assert that the date of the alleged telephone call is the last date the victim was heard alive. I don't know of anything to support this contention other than Kio's retracted/corrected statement of her memory of that call. Do you have anything to support that assertion? It doesn't seem LE has put much faith in it but instead accepted her explanation of mistake. Have you any evidence to support your repeated assertions this was not a mistake whether honest or not? I mean, perhaps she initially embellished her account to make herself seem/feel more important but then later realized that was not the right thing and then recanted. This would not be an "honest mistake" imo. Or, maybe she really was confused and caught up in the moment but then upon reflection or discussion with others realized her error and cleared it up with LE. This, imo, would be an "honest mistake" such as the one made by JG.

Maybe I'm not explaining this very well so I'll try to summarize this way: You're making assertions which I assume are based on facts and/or logical theory which is fact based. I am unaware of the information used to reach your posted conclusions, nor am I clear on which part of your posts is presented as fact and which theory, if both are meant to be presented. If you provide the facts used, the transcripts, articles, whatever information used to come to your understanding of the facts then we can all discuss these facts and theories intelligently. Otherwise, I and I daresay others, are totally in the dark on where you're coming by the information you seem to assert as fact.

In her conversation with the detective (there are links on page 1 of this thread for the audio and transcripts), KMTC not only talked about the "hideout" area behind the school, she and the detective walked along the fenced areas of woods and she also alluded to the woods across from the school on Suburban.

She did everything but walk LE right up to the spot (granted, that she didn't do! :) )

I think we agreed to disagree re: the location of the remains.

But, if she DID correctly direct LE to the remains.. so much the better, for her! That would have been an extremely valuable service to LE!

Right, we don't know if they ever got the phone records. The records have not appeared in released documents, so still waiting to see. Hopefully the defense will obtain the records if they are not released to them in discovery.

No, I believe we DO have Kio's phone records. Another poster just lately rechecked them.

Will be? That sounds like a factual statement, as in you know for a fact that he is going to be asking for them.

Well, I didn't say at all what you claim I said, I did not make the factual statement:
He will be asking for the records.

My post is still there showing what I did say, which was something quite different.

Yes, surely he will be asking for those records.

The point here, is that to date, he hasn't asked for them. Time is quickly flying by. If this was important, then he would have all ready requested it. But he hasn't.

However, he could request them. Doesn't mean he will get them. Cause he has the same problem that the LE has. He has to prove the need for them and the relevance of them. That is something that JB hasn't learned how to do yet. So it would end up being another waste of time Motion.

Well, I didn't say at all what you claim I said, I did not make the factual statement:

My post is still there showing what I did say, which was something quite different.

I can see how you meant this to show that in your opinion he will will surely request those records but I can easily see the other poster's reading this as a statement of fact with personal knowledge of defense plans. The poster fully quoted your post so I'm certain that no disrespect, deliberate misinterpretation or offense was intended.

Maybe this misunderstanding is a good reminder to all of us to try to remember to clarify which parts of our posts are meant as opinion, theory or which parts are meant to be assertions of fact.

I strongly disagree with your assertion, bolded above by me. What she may have later claimed to the NE, imo, is totally irrelevant. Her sworn statements to LE at the time do not indicate she was anywhere other than at and behind the school in an area no longer easily accessed due to the fences.

I am not disputing your right to hold a different opinion but I strongly disagree with stating it as if it were an accepted fact. If you would specifically cite wherein which transcript you believe Kio "alluded" to the actual area near the road on Suburban where Caylee was found, maybe I will be able to understand why you believe this. Otherwise, I'll rely on my own memory of the transcript which doesn't include this understanding of Kio's sworn statement.

I totally quoted you and wasn't trying to twist your words to make you sound bad. But thanks for doing that to me. Now I sound like some person who goes around misquoteing folks in nasty ways!

I was showing that your post sounds like you had personal knowledge, and I even showed WHY i got that. I didn't just assumed it.. I pointed it out so YOU could address it so OTHERS wouldn't' make a false impression.

The way KMTC changed her story to LE is obviously important in the case, as all witness statements are. One major reason it's important is because the change in her statement is about the date Caylee was last heard alive. (Without mentioning any people, speaking only of posts, I have to say the rudeness in some posts here is quite glaring, and completely unnecessary. Anyone who doesn't think this is a topic for discussion obviously doesn't need to discuss it here.)

It's obvious to me that Kio knew which Casey she was speaking with during the phone call, she wouldn't confuse the "two" Caseys. She told her neighbor that it was Casey A who called, and went so far as to call LE and tell them it was Casey A who had called. She said she heard Caylee in the background in the July 9th call. She said Casey referenced on the phone how they had run into each other in April at Walmart. She knows very well that Casey A's mother doesn't live out of state (another good point Princess Rose), so if the Casey on the phone had been discussing going to live with her mother out of state as Kio later claimed, Kio would have known that it wasn't Casey A on the phone.

So IMO, either Casey A did call on July 9 and Caylee was alive then,

or, KMTC had originally made up this story for some reason. What it is, I can only guess, but hopefully we'll see the phone record at trial to see what phone that really was that called KMT, and in turn the records for that phone.

She wouldn't be the first person to be confused about the date- Cindy stated she had last seen her grandchild on June 9th. Not until she was presented with the photos at the Nursing Home, that were taken on Father's Day, a week later, she did realize when was actually the last time. (That is, if you can believe anything she says.

I hope this link works - it is the call by LE to Kiomarie Cruz where she explains that the call she got on July 9th was from a Casey Williams, not Casey Anthony. She clarifies the conversation she had with her..
http://humbleopinion.net76.net/interviews/mcruzphone0001.pdf

She was not confused about the date, but she WAS confused about who called her...

No, I believe we DO have Kio's phone records. Another poster just lately rechecked them.

No, we don't have Kio's records. We have a lot of records from other people, but not Kio. I re-checked Casey's records recently and confirmed no calls to/from Kio during any relevant time period, but yes, technically if Casey used another phone she could have called Kio on July 9. If she did, though, it seems pretty apparent that Caylee was not talking in the background, as the car was at the tow yard June 30-July 15 with decomp smell and Caylee's decomposed hair in the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!