Kristian S Horman was arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article contains a transcript from an interview with Multnomah County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman, Lt. Mary Lindstrand.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...-office-with-update?cid=sharing_twitter:34328

(Although I personally would not consider Examiner.com to be a reliable source of news in general, it appears that the writer actually contacted Lt. Mary Lindstrand by phone and the writer has supplied the questions and answers from that conversation without adding conjecture or editorial, IMO. )

Excerpt pertaining to this thread:

"Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

Lt. Lindstrand: Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation."

Well, gee - heck if I can figure out how it's related. Why is Kyron's uncle's ARREST for child molestation part of this investigation? :waitasec: I wonder of Kaine had to testify on behalf of his brother or something?

This article contains a transcript from an interview with Multnomah County Sheriff’s office spokeswoman, Lt. Mary Lindstrand.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...-office-with-update?cid=sharing_twitter:34328

(Although I personally would not consider Examiner.com to be a reliable source of news in general, it appears that the writer actually contacted Lt. Mary Lindstrand by phone and the writer has supplied the questions and answers from that conversation without adding conjecture or editorial, IMO. )

Excerpt pertaining to this thread:

"Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

Lt. Lindstrand: Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation."

BBM: umm...ok...

So, what does he drive? LE are interested in Terri & a white ford 250

I am thinking of the cell phone ping off of Terris cell now, is it possible she went to meet him, OR whoever had her cell in the vehicle go meet him...

Do we have a map here that goes from the school to Kristians house?

Well, gee - heck if I can figure out how it's related. Why is Kyron's uncle's ARREST for child molestation part of this investigation? :waitasec: I wonder of Kaine had to testify on behalf of his brother or something?

Thank You Emma:waitasec:

This really didn't hit me until yesterday and now I can not quit thinking of the timing of Kristian arrest and Kyron disappearance.

I also wonder if Kristain didn't ask for Kaine help, like with a lawyer and Kaine was just disgusted with him and told him so.

After looking at the court records this creep has a lot Domestic Violence and couple orders protections against him.

Kristian did not have to be in OR to be responsible Kyron disappeance.

According to Lt. Lindstrand from LE in this interview she clearly answers the question of is kristian horman, kyron's paternal uncle, involved in this?

~snipped.... Question: Is Kyron’s uncle’s arrest for child molestation in Seattle, Wash., part of this investigation?

Lt. Lindstrand: Yes, I can say that it is part of the investigation. ~end snip of this specific question

Read all other questions and answers from this interview of Lt. Lindstrand here at this link...
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...an-Interview-with-Sheriffs-office-with-update

Thank You Emma:waitasec:

This really didn't hit me until yesterday and now I can not quit thinking of the timing of Kristian arrest and Kyron disappearance.

I also wonder if Kristain didn't ask for Kaine help, like with a lawyer and Kaine was just disgusted with him and told him so.

After looking at the court records this creep has a lot Domestic Violence and couple orders protections against him.

Kristian did not have to be in OR to be responsible Kyron disappeance.

Is it possible that Kaine was supposed to testify against his brother last week? Kidnapping Kyron would be a sure way to quiet that testimony. That could be the reason for the family staying away from the media.

I just wonder why she replied no comment or words to that effect to all the other questions about the investigation except this one. She even refused to comment on the Sauvie Island search although didn't they already confirm there was a search?

I can't decide if it's because they've ruled him out or because they haven't.

Investigators, looking at family members, would certainly be taking a look at this uncle. And any relationship with his family....loaning money, giving money, the promise of money but not delivered or not fully delivered. Relationships gone awry. And I guess a low risk to the community, is he now in court/jail?

this adds a new twist.....wonder how this could tie in to Kyron's disappearence???

We know nothing about the Kristian Horman and Kaine Horman FAMILY, where they live, where the child sexual molestations took place, who was involved . . in Portland and Washington ?? They have been intentionally vague about all of their answers, except about the uncle and sexual molestation arrest. Interesting . . .

this adds a new twist.....wonder how this could tie in to Kyron's disappearence???

they say truth is often stranger than fiction and it seems to me there are way too many coincidences going on.......Kristian's sentencing, truck being towed due to starter troubles, white truck sightings at odd times etc etc. The statement in the examiner is puzzlng - question after question with the no comment answers and then the affirmation that there may be a tie-in between these two cases. Leaves me scratching my head as i considered teen-aged girls and 7 year old boys apples and oranges in this circumstance.

They were saying low-risk long before he was in jail. Of course they had to look at him, it would be irresponsible not to and also, by saying so, it shows they are not just honing in on TH with blinders on. I think they probably already know where this uncle was on June 4th but since they are not ruling out anyone publicly, why would they rule out him to the media? I will be quite shocked if he is involved. He would have had to prepared to spring on Kyron in a matter of minutes, if not seconds, know all about the school not having cameras, etc...

they say truth is often stranger than fiction and it seems to me there are way too many coincidences going on.......Kristian's sentencing, truck being towed due to starter troubles, white truck sightings at odd times etc etc. The statement in the examiner is puzzlng - question after question with the no comment answers and then the affirmation that there may be a tie-in between these two cases. Leaves me scratching my head as i considered teen-aged girls and 7 year old boys apples and oranges in this circumstance.

According to the report, he did so while she was sleeping, and did not contest her version of what happened.

IMO, anyone who would molest a child of any age is capable of doing most anything.

Hi guys! I'm a newbie but a long time lurker. :newbie:

I am enthralled with this case, as I am from Portland, and I also have a 7 year old son. Kyron kind of hits home to me. My son is even small like he is.... I even thought about how some see that Kyron's clothes are too big and wondered if people thought that of my guy, since buying shirts that should be the size for his age are always large on him.

Anyways, I have to say that this arrest and timing are quite the coincidence.

When I first heard of this conviction, it seemed like everything fell into place... the secrecy... the "protection" of LE at the Horman home (do we know if they are still there 24/7?)...a motive... but now I am confused as ever.

I think the one thing that is paramount to me is what Calliope said-
IMO, anyone who would molest a child of any age is capable of doing most anything.

Hi all - I too am a long-time lurker, but a first time poster! This case has especially drawn me in and I was compelled to finally post.
I have been having a thought regarding this arrest. I'm still kind of thinking it through, but I've been thinking not so much about this person being involved in Kyron's disappearance, but how at times these behaviors have a "thread" through a family....like these behaviors are passed along. I know the victim in this case was a teenaged girl, but do we know when and for how long Terri's teenaged son lived with her and Kaine?

PLEASE READ THE END OF THIS ARTICLE: http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/?SOURCE=RSS

Here is a snippet from it:
Kaine Horman’s brother, Kristian Horman, was arrested for child molestation.

Snohomish County Superior Court records say Kristian Horman, 32, was living with his girlfriend, her mother and his 1-year-old son in Bothell, Wash. On Oct. 24, 2008, the daughter of Kristian Horman’s ex-wife stayed at his house while his girlfriend was out of town. The records say Kristian Horman invited the girl, who was 15, to sleep in his bed. He massaged her back, then began rubbing her crotch. The girl left the bed and called her mother, and Kristian Horman apologized.

When police interviewed him, Kristian Horman at first said he was asleep and couldn’t remember what had happened. Finally he confessed, according to court records, saying he was trying to “arouse and initiate relations” with the girl.

Police asked Kristian Horman what he was thinking about after the girl pulled away. He then revealed there was a history of abuse in the Horman family, court records show, and said his grandfather had abused him.

“He indicated that he was thinking about all the stuff his grandfather had done to him,” the court records say, “and remembering how he felt during the time.” Kristian Horman was sentenced June 16 to six months in jail.

6 MONTHS---that's it!??????

I AM SOOOOOOO SICK of sex offenders using the "Poor me, I can't help myself, I was molested too." excuse!!! END THE CYCLE OF ABUSE--lock these people up and throw away the key. A whole new generation of abusers starts when a child is touched.

And he said it himself, their family has a history of abuse. NOT GOOD.

I'd like to add that not all children who are abused turn out to be abusers--but many can. Sorry for any confusion...

PLEASE READ THE END OF THIS ARTICLE: http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/?SOURCE=RSS

Here is a snippet from it:

6 MONTHS---that's it!??????

I AM SOOOOOOO SICK of sex offenders using the "Poor me, I can't help myself, I was molested too." excuse!!! END THE CYCLE OF ABUSE--lock these people up and throw away the key. A whole new generation of abusers starts when a child is touched.

And he said it himself, their family has a history of abuse. NOT GOOD.

I wonder if the 6 month sentence means that the court agreed he was likely molested as a child? I am not familiar with statistics on incest/sexual abuse in families...is one child typically singled out? Was Kristian singled out for abuse by his grandfather?

Let me state emphatically that I know many sexual abuse survivors who do NOT go on to abuse others. I am not a huge fan of the "abuse excuse" with a few exceptions. But I am trying to understand the family dynamics here....Does Kristian have to register as an SO?

He'll be a free man in less than a year---he BETTER *expletive* be on the SO list!!! Man this makes me so angry.

And yes, Believe09, as I stated above in my last post, victims don't always turn out to be abusers, I want to make that clear. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings who has been abused and certainly has not hurt anyone as a result. AND again I can't stand the "abuse excuse" that offenders use. It is unexcusable, IMO.

Carried this over from the blended family thread as it seems more on topic here.

As soon as I heard about the uncle, I suspected. Being a survivor, I know the pervasive/secret nature of abuse and its propensity to move downward thru the generations. This results sometimes in victims becoming perpetrators. (Please note, I say sometimes) I am not saying all victims then victimize. I certainly do not. But I am not at all surprised that there may be a history of sexual abuse in the family. Sadly, it is not as unusual as we would like to think.

Playing devils advocate here, before I say there is sexual abuse by grandpa upon uncle I will need something other than a child molesters word. I want to be careful before I begin vilifying grandpa based on the limited info available. It seems a bit self serving how grandpa was offerred up by the uncle almost as an excuse for his behavior and I would hate to make false assumptions about a man on that alone.

Take all of the above with a grain of salt. I do know that I think the uncle has nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance.

With this new line of speculation I am not sure of what I think. But IF there is a history of sexual abuse in the family, uncle may not be the only one of this generation to be acting out and carrying on the dirty little family tradition. This could be something major. Or it could be nothing at all.

ETA I am copying this post over to the thread pertaining to the uncle as the topic is under discussion there and it seems the more approriate thread. Thanks for your thoughts all.

He'll be a free man in less than a year---he BETTER *expletive* be on the SO list!!! Man this makes me so angry.

And yes, Believe09, as I stated above in my last post, victims don't always turn out to be abusers, I want to make that clear. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings who has been abused and certainly has not hurt anyone as a result. AND again I can't stand the "abuse excuse" that offenders use. It is unexcusable, IMO.

I get that you do not believe that sexual abuse survivors are predators in the making, watchful...no worries.

If this is his process of thinking, than he is a danger to kids around him. So I hope he has to register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans