Kristian S Horman was arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does anyone know if it is typical in incest cases that one child is singled out? In all of the cases that have touched my life, there were multiple victims in each family. :(

Thanks TLcox. i read that earlier, and would like to consider this line:
But IF there is a history of sexual abuse in the family, uncle may not be the only one of this generation to be acting out and carrying on the dirty little family tradition. This could be something major. Or it could be nothing at all.

It could be that someone else in the family abuses too, and MAY have something to do with Kyron's disappearance.

I feel that shining a light on Kristian and therefore the cycle of abuse in the family is important in this case. I'm sure LE feels the same way.

Thanks Believe09, yes, let's hope he's on that list. Ugh, why do we have a list?? If they were locked up forever, there wouldn't BE a list! Okay, okay...I have to stay on topic. Phew!

re yours # 262 That is why I say may be something big (if history of abuse and there are multiple abusers in the family it could very well be related to Kyron's being missing). But I do not feel Kristrian himself is involved in the disappearance. If there is a connection it is in the potential that there are others within the family who Kyron may not have been safe with.

That's a lot of ifs and I just don't want to jump to the assumption there is some rampant history of multiple abuser in this family based soley on a molester who made the statement about history while trying to explain what his hand was doing down his 15 year old stepdaughters crotch.

That is why my post may have felt wishy washy.

Could be huge. Could be a huge red herring offered up by an unsavory molester. KNWIM?

I've seen with those who have been abused, that they may not be able to express their emotions in ways that others would feel are appropriate. This is one of those factors that makes it so hard to accurately judge what is going on with these people.

Thanks Believe09, yes, let's hope he's on that list. Ugh, why do we have a list?? If they were locked up forever, there wouldn't BE a list! Okay, okay...I have to stay on topic. Phew!

He is on the sex offender list in Washington. It was part of his sentencing and it occurred the day after he was convicted.

That's a lot of ifs and I just don't want to jump to the assumption there is some rampant history of multiple abuser in this family based soley on a molester who made the statement about history while trying to explain what his hand was doing down his 15 year old stepdaughters crotch.

Good point tlcox---his excuses are just that EXCUSES. It might be nice to see court documents and other evidence of their history of abuse...

Thanks TLcox. i read that earlier, and would like to consider this line:

It could be that someone else in the family abuses too, and MAY have something to do with Kyron's disappearance.

I feel that shining a light on Kristian and therefore the cycle of abuse in the family is important in this case. I'm sure LE feels the same way.

I've been thinking along these lines, and for this reason would really like to know why TH's older son does not live with them any longer, and how old he was when he did. It may have absolutely nothing to do with anything like this, but it could......
I'd also like to know if Kaine backs up Kristian's account of his grandfather's abuse.

I've been thinking along these lines, and for this reason would really like to know why TH's older son does not live with them any longer, and how old he was when he did. It may have absolutely nothing to do with anything like this, but it could......
I'd also like to know if Kaine backs up Kristian's account of his grandfather's abuse.

It has been reported that this has just been a change within the last school year and due to the fact that his old school had some drug and violence problems. He is living close to his father now, and at his grandparents where he is able to keep his horse that he is training. He is attending the school where his mother grew up and attended. I hope this explanation is ok....as I know that minors are off limits, but this info has been in the media articles.

jmo

It has been reported that this has just been a change within the last school year and due to the fact that his old school had some drug and violence problems. He is living close to his father now, and at his grandparents where he is able to keep his horse that he is training. He is attending the school where his mother grew up and attended. I hope this explanation is ok....as I know that minors are off limits, but this info has been in the media articles.

jmo

So this is biodad's parents??

So this is biodad's parents??

I have never gotten that straight, as the dad being referred to could be the second husband of TH who adopted him. Also, when TH's mother did the early interview, she referred to having to tell the brother what happened, so at that time I had the impression that it was Terri's parents that he lived with, I still believe that is the case, since he is going to HER old high school now.

Do we know if any of Kyron's grandparents have been involved in any of the pressers or the candlelight vigil? I haven't seen them nor read any reports of them being around.

If they haven't been around, I find that strange. I would think that no matter what, if my grandson was missing, I would be there to support the family, even if I didn't "get along" with my children. I don't know, could just be me though?

IMHO
(Not wanting to sleuth the grandparents, just wondering if they have been around and I just missed it).

Hi guys! I'm a newbie but a long time lurker. :newbie:

I am enthralled with this case, as I am from Portland, and I also have a 7 year old son. Kyron kind of hits home to me. My son is even small like he is.... I even thought about how some see that Kyron's clothes are too big and wondered if people thought that of my guy, since buying shirts that should be the size for his age are always large on him.

Anyways, I have to say that this arrest and timing are quite the coincidence.

When I first heard of this conviction, it seemed like everything fell into place... the secrecy... the "protection" of LE at the Horman home (do we know if they are still there 24/7?)...a motive... but now I am confused as ever.

I think the one thing that is paramount to me is what Calliope said-
IMO, anyone who would molest a child of any age is capable of doing most anything.
Hi Chasinghalos, Great to have you here at WS.

I don't know if they're at the Horman house 24/7, but last night on the scanner thread there was a shift change acknowledgement on Sheltered Nook Rd. mid-evening. I think we all assumed that was at the Horman house. So it could be the case.

jmo

From a local's point of view:

The high school the older son attended is generally considered to be the "best" high school in Portland. It is located downtown and has pretty much the wealthiest families within its boundaries--the families who are the "movers and shakers" of the city. I imagine there are some drug problems there--but higher end, more expensive drugs. While there are some students who are lucky enough to transfer in from other parts of the city--by lottery--most of the students come from upper middle class or downright wealthy families. Many of those kids could go to private school if they wanted, but Lincoln HS has such a good reputation and such good academic programs that they don't need to.

So, the idea that he moved to Roseburg to escape some kind of violence and drug infested inner-city school would be absolutely unfounded. I doubt there is any less of a problem in Roseburg--which actually has a reputation in Oregon as a high meth abuse region.

The high school the older son attended is generally considered to be the "best" high school in Portland. It is located downtown and has pretty much the wealthiest families within its boundaries--the families who are the "movers and shakers" of the city. I imagine there are some drug problems there--but higher end, more expensive drugs. While there are some students who are lucky enough to transfer in from other parts of the city--by lottery--most of the students come from upper middle class or downright wealthy families. Many of those kids could go to private school if they wanted, but Lincoln HS has such a good reputation and such good academic programs that they don't need to.

So, the idea that he moved to Roseburg to escape some kind of violence and drug infested inner-city school would be absolutely unfounded. I doubt there is any less of a problem in Roseburg--which actually has a reputation in Oregon as a high meth abuse region.
thank you for that information! I truly wonder why he was sent to live with his Grandparents now! I am part of an active duty military family and I cannot tell you how hard it is for my son when he has to leave his friends! This kid is a teen so leaving his friends in HS must have been very tough on him!

Thanks again for your boots on the ground picture of the school.

Hi, I just had to attest to the suburb quality of Lincoln HS. My grandaughter graduated from Lincoln last yeat and it made her into a Constitution scholar :dance:

I am glad you pointed that out, I was going to reply and say we really only know what they want us to know about the reason he is no longer living there. I do not see that area as being a bad drug infested area. And it could be a reason given for whatever the real reason is that they may not want the public to be aware of, and that is their right to protect him. If it has something to do with the case it is important & will come out in time, but at this time it doesn't appear it does so I won't speculate. I asked the question as to why he was not longer living with them on about the first thread of Kyron missing and it was quickly shot down not to discuss the family since not mentioned as POI's, so I left it alone.

This is not meant to contradict anything good that has been said about the school. However, good academics does not make a school immune to drug and alcohol and violence problems. A quick internet search produced over a dozen articles about this school which related to these kinds of problems including numerous student deaths in recent years.

Here is just one example:
http://www.addictioninfo.org/articles/1513/1/Affluence-can-mask-drug-abuse-by-students/Page1.html

snip
"I can't compare it to other schools," Frink said. "I can, however, say it was self-evident that there were numerous Lincoln High School students who were either selling drugs or buying drugs. It was well known among the student body and even among some of the parents."

Lincoln also has a reputation, at least among high schoolers and recent graduates across Portland, for excess that has earned it the nickname, "Drinkin' Lincoln."

Not sure I understand what you mean by 'higher end drugs'...you mean cocaine vs crack cocaine? Cocaine is very expensive - crack is homemade and less expensive...same drug, different form. IMO addiction is addiction no matter where the drug comes from. Some of the wealthiest people in America have lost their lives to addiction. The only difference money makes is how long the addiction can go on and what treatment one gets for addiction, if any. moo mho

Not sure I understand what you mean by 'higher end drugs'...you mean cocaine vs crack cocaine? Cocaine is very expensive - crack is homemade and less expensive...same drug, different form. IMO addiction is addiction no matter where the drug comes from. Some of the wealthiest people in America have lost their lives to addiction. The only difference money makes is how long the addiction can go on and what treatment one gets for addiction, if any. moo mho

I'm going to say I think what she meant by "higher end drugs" would be cocaine, narcotic pain killers and ecstasy, things like that...the drugs that a lot of younger people are into. Not saying any are good or worse then the other. But I have known quite a few people that justify doing a little of this or a little of that, once in a while saying it isn't as bad as meth or smoking crack or doing heroine ALL the time. Some of those drugs people consider "recreational" and not a habit, again not justifying, just giving my:twocents: It's like someone saying getting drunk 3-4 times a week doesn't make them an alcoholic, you get what I'm saying. Not making excuses for anyone just pointing out how I hear people justify their choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal