KS KS - Adam Herrman, 11, Towanda, 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OH MY GOSH I just had a thought!!!!! If they filed Adam on their IRS returns they could and should be charged with Fraud there also!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to share something personal here from our adoption. We get a small adoption subsidy for our four adoptive children ( No where near what they received for Adam)

I Know many don't agree with accepting it but we took the four in and litterly had no idea how we would provide for them without accepting it. Now on our subsidy it is more for medical( we get medical cards) instead of just cash but it helps.Trust me when I say we put out thousands more EVERY MONTH then we get in help. I WILL NOT get in a debate on if adoptive parents should receive help as I know for a FACT we could not of adopted our four with out the medical help etc. If we would not of adopted them they would of been split up in different homes and lost not only everything they ever knew but also their sisters and brother and me and my husband and their cousins( now their sister and brother).I could not of lived wondering if they was safe so we accepted the help they give us.

There is different types you can receive ( medical or cash or combined) .

It is really odd I just got my Annual review in TODAY so I am able to help show you what the contracts are like. I won't upload ours as it has personal info on it but I will type it out word for word ( leaving out our personal info) so you can understand what they have to fill out every year and send in.

I should also note this is for MY state but I know for a FACT ALL states you have to sign saying the child(ren) are still living with you and that you are STILL finincially caring for them. You have two weeks to report any changes in care.
I will post our adoption subsidy review on the next post so this does not get to long. Just keep in mind all states are different except where you have to report the child(ren) living with you etc thats always the same. I should also add I have NEVER seen someone get as much financial help they was receiving so I am going to assume they had a rate of difficult of care on Adam.

Ok posting in the next post

( our name and address)

First Notice Please Return this form by August 10, 2010.

Child's Name ********
Child's Birth Date ** ** ****
Child's Social Security number *** ** ****
Amount or Medical card #
End Date ( the date the child turns 18)

A. Does the above- named child(ren) remain in your legal and physical custody or in trial adoption status? If no please explain. Use separate sheet of paper, if needed, ( check yes or no )

B. The Adoptive parent(s) most notify the subsidy worker listed below within two weeks of any of the following events.

* Change in the family's address
*Change in the child(ren)'s legal custodian , including divorce or legal separation of adoptive parents with an award of legal custody to one or jointly to both parents;
*Child(ren) is emancipated
*death of child(ren) or adoptive parent(s)
*change in health insurance benefits;
*adoptive parent(s) is no longer financially supporting child(ren)
*Child(ren) enters military service;
*marriage of child(ren)
*Child(ren) is no longer in the home, including psychiatric residential, therapeutic, foster family care, care by a relative or other temporary placement outside of the home;
*adoptive parent(s) is no longer legally responsible for the child(ren); or childr(ren) receives Social Security benefits.

C NOTE Remember that adoption assistance terminates when the child reaches age 18 except a child may continue to receive assistance until the child reaches the age of 19 years if the child:
*continues to attend high school or pursues General Education Development (GED); or meets criteria for an adoption assistance Difficulty of Care payment as determined by ( department name)

In order for (department name) to consider continuing adoption assistance beyond the child's 18th birthday , the adoptive parent(s) must submit, not later then 60 days prior to the child reaching age 18, a request for adoption assistance to continue beyond age 18 to include :

*a statemewnt from school personnel providing documentation of the child's high school attendance and anticipated date of graduation; or
* a statement from school personnel providing documentation that the child is pursuing GED , or
* medical or psychological assessments conducted and dated within six months preceing the child's 18th birthday, signed by a licensed physician , psychiatrist, or clinician, describing child's conditions, including diagnosis , treatment , and prognosis.

If the adoptive parent(s) does not timely submit the required documentation , or if (deparent) determines the child does not meet the criteria that warrant continuation of assistance beyond age 18, adoption assistance for the child turning 18 terminates effective the day of the child's 18th birthday.

If you have any questions, pleace call ( personal info removed)

I hereby verify that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.

Parent(s) must sign

Payee signature _____________ date _____
home phone numeber (***) ***-****
Payee social security number
Work phone number (***) ***-****

Spouse signature , if applicable _____________ date _________
Home phone number (***) ***-****
Social Security number
Work phone number (***) ***-****

OH MY GOSH I just had a thought!!!!! If they filed Adam on their IRS returns they could and should be charged with Fraud there also!!!!!!!!!

Might be worth a call to the DA's office to point out that their tax returns should be audited to show number of dependents etc

Remember these Monstes had to fill this out EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!! and EVERY YEAR lied on GOVERMENT documments!!!!!!!

6Angels, it pays to be patient huh? Because now they can question these folks under oath regarding Adam's disappearance. Any scrap they can find is critical....Any locals know if the folks who bought the trailer ever had the bathroom ripped out or searched by LE??
yes it does!! NOW THEY WILL PAY for what they have done!!

I can bet you anything this is a case where they CAN file murder charges with out a body AND get a guilty verdict on them!! ( Although I pray they find Adam) I want justice anyway we can get it!!

BTW! my husband just called and made sure I knew of the news.. We live states away and his Department got the news and he had to pass it on. He was as thrilled as I am! We are going to make a BBQ chicken meal on the grill tonight to celebrate in his honor. Our whole family follows this case, Officers at his Department follows via us. So we are really really really really really happy right now.

Might be worth a call to the DA's office to point out that their tax returns should be audited to show number of dependents etc

I think they already did that and it's part of the charges.

The theft charges are related to the alleged fraudulent receipt of $52,800 in government assistance for Adam's care. The couple continued to submit subsidy forms saying the boy lived in their home and continued to claim him as a dependent on their income tax returns and in court documents for six years after his disappearance , the charges state.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/07/08/1394893/charges-relate-to-acceptance-of.html#ixzz0tAytwwh9

I'm so glad to hear that Adam's case is alive and that the Herrman's are being investigated. This story is another unbelievable one, and from Kansas! These things aren't supposed to happen in the Midwest where we used to feel safe from the crazy world!

Friday, July 30, 2010
The adoptive parents of a boy missing for more than a decade are now formally charged with fraud. Doug and Valerie Herrman are accused of continuing to cash SRS checks even after they knew Adam Herrman was no longer in their care.
Adam was reportedly missing for 10 years before authorities were notified that he was gone. After the hearing, Butler County Attorney Jan Satterfield said that her office is continuing to pursue homicide charges against the couple.
"I think we're within a few months... 2-3 months," Satterfield said. "There are a few things we need to get finalized; a few reports we need to obtain and an expert we still need to secure, but we've been working diligently on the case."
Today, the Herrman's daughter says she believes her parents made a horrible mistake, but that they are not monsters. On the condition that we shield her face and call her only by her first name, Crystal says her parents are good people who simply should not have continued to cash those checks. She says they did not murder Adam Herrman.

More and video at the below link:
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/99624649.html

so glad i decided to check in on adam tonight. its time for doug and valerie herrman to be held accountable for what happened to adam. all they need to say about the fraud charges is "we're guilty and we did it because we're greedy so and so's" but first they need to tell what happened to adam. i havent kept up with this thread because frankly, i am so angry about this that i was afraid i wouldnt be able to shut my fingers up, but i will be going to the trial and witness justice for adam first hand. anybody wanna join me ;)

What's going on with the 2 wastes of flesh 'parents?' Not much new on the web that I can find.

Its been months since they were charged and I havent heard anymore about what Is happening... Is this all the state is interested in is the fraud charges? Lets get this case to moving. Time for murder charges.. This case was so buried I had a terrible time even finding it.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back