GUILTY KS - Iviona Lewis, 23 mos, Hoisington, 18 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes we know this- but we're questioning why the same exact situation, only it's a man that caused Ivy to go missing, is not treated the same and why he isn't considered a step father- especially since his own mother considers herself to be her grandmother. We know she's not a blood grandmother, but in order to feel this way towards the little girl, means a certain attachment has occurred between Ivy and this woman, so why call say that he was acquainted with Ivy instead of calling him a step father, like they did in Lucas' case?

If I remember right, early on the ‘step mom’ said she was the ‘live in girlfriend’ and corrected the reporters as such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so here is my question. Same living arrangement's as Lucas case why is he not listed as the step dad? They share a baby together.

I think it was bad reporting or maybe Emily told police she was the step mom? The media reported it as such and everyone ran with it. It was eventually corrected. Also Emily claimed to be married to Lucas’ dad and even changed her name on fb to his last name before changing it back. I’m sure that caused confusion as well. Emily had taken in that title herself a bit. Much like the grandma did on this case.

If Iviona went missing under Chaz Stephens' watch and the mother was out of town and Iviona was found dead and Stephens has been arrested then IMO there was never any "confusion" about who had her. IMO it was a bowl of lies and I'm sorry his mother thinks it was just some sort of confusion (I suspect she knows differently now) but it's all pointing to Stephens doing something awful to Iviona that resulted in her death.

No one knew where Iviona was for two days? Nope, that's not possible. Now what I'd like to know is who saw her last. It seems logical that the "one adult" who was home when Iviona disappeared was Chaz Stephens. So when did anyone else last see her?

All MOO.
I agree. I think he probably did whatever he did, got rid of her, and made up a story to tell his mom to try and shift blame and/or make himself seem innocent of the crime they were bound to find. He didn't think it through very well, obviously, but I'm glad he didn't and they were pressure him into telling where she was and be able to recover her.

Yes we know this- but we're questioning why the same exact situation, only it's a man that caused Ivy to go missing, is not treated the same and why he isn't considered a step father- especially since his own mother considers herself to be her grandmother. We know she's not a blood grandmother, but in order to feel this way towards the little girl, means a certain attachment has occurred between Ivy and this woman, so why call say that he was acquainted with Ivy instead of calling him a step father, like they did in Lucas' case?
None of them should be called anything they are not. They’re not steps, not parents, not grandparents. They should be called boyfriend and boyfriends mom. Just like Lucas’s dads girlfriend. She is not a step parent, should of never been called one by anyone, including herself. She is simply dads girlfriend.

Why call any of them anything they are not? That should be the question. His mom is not grandma, does not matter if she had an attachment, she is not grandma nor is she step grandma.

None of them should be called anything they are not. These parents keep dragging in these people quickly into their children’s lives, treating them as if they are parents and relatives to their children. They’re not and its not a surprise these children keep dying by boyfriends, girlfriends and relatives to them.

None of them should be called anything they are not. They’re not steps, not parents, not grandparents. They should be called boyfriend and boyfriends mom. Just like Lucas’s dads girlfriend. She is not a step parent, should of never been called one by anyone, including herself. She is simply dads girlfriend.

Why call any of them anything they are not? That should be the question. His mom is not grandma, does not matter if she had an attachment, she is not grandma nor is she step grandma.

None of them should be called anything they are not. These parents keep dragging in these people quickly into their children’s lives, treating them as if they are parents and relatives to their children. They’re not and its not a surprise these children keep dying by boyfriends, girlfriends and relatives to them.

I have to respectfully disagree with the first part of this. I raised 2 children that are not biologically mine. I was never married to their father. Regardless, I am their (step) Mom and I am now Nana to 5 beautiful children that I am in no way biologically or related to by marriage.
I don't believe that a piece of paper (i.e. marriage cert) decides if you're a parent/grandparent or not.

That being said, I do have to agree that single parents need to be way more careful in this day and age with who they choose to be with. We see way too many of these cases where a step parent/boyfriend/girlfriend harms someone's child. Later, it is found out that he or she had a violent past.
It's not hard to research people these days.
I hope this monster lives in fear for his life in prison.

Fly high little angel!

do you have a link to the video? I haven't seen it, but heard about it. thanks

I wish that these cops were on the Lucas Hernandez case. Look how fast she was found- within hours after being reported missing for two days. That's incredible.

I wish that these cops were on the Lucas Hernandez case. Look how fast she was found- within hours after being reported missing for two days. That's incredible.

I think he told them where she was. According to one of the articles, they interviewed him late into the night, then went and found her pretty quickly after that talk.

Looks like our "acquaintance" suspect threatened his own parents as well as occupants at a home he was visting with a knife and grill fork back in 2014. I swear, I am making my do do background checks on anyone they plan to date in the future:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/FF...ill-fork-in-2014-documents-say-477560083.html

From looking around here and there it seems he was quite the troublemaker, he went missing himself for quite awhile back in 2013. Posters were put up.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...-missing-toddler-in-Hoisington-477448273.html

A few updates.
Of note:
"Throughout the course of the investigation, we've developed probable cause to believe that a crime has occurred and that (Stephens) was responsible for it," KBI Special Agent Corey Latham says.

Iviona and her mother lived with Stephens in a Hoisington home near 5th and Elm, along with two other children.

A next door neighbor to the home near 5th and Elm says she often heard yelling coming from the house where Iviona lived. But police say they hadn't received any recent calls to the home.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/hoisi...-together-to-remember-iviona-lewis/1066932040

A grieving father, Devonte Lewis remembers his firstborn child, whose memory is being felt throughout Hoisington this evening.
Devonte was surrounded by nearby residents showing their support.
"My baby loved everybody. You know what I'm saying? There was nobody that met her that she didn't love, that didn't love her," said Devonte. "It just tears me up. Like why my child?"

That poor man... :rose: My heart goes out to that family.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...-missing-toddler-in-Hoisington-477448273.html

A few updates.
Of note:
"Throughout the course of the investigation, we've developed probable cause to believe that a crime has occurred and that (Stephens) was responsible for it," KBI Special Agent Corey Latham says.

Iviona and her mother lived with Stephens in a Hoisington home near 5th and Elm, along with two other children.

A next door neighbor to the home near 5th and Elm says she often heard yelling coming from the house where Iviona lived. But police say they hadn't received any recent calls to the home.

BBM Two? The infant and..... ?

The distant language is due to it being an official LE release of an arrest. It's no more and no less than that imho.

The tighter description of exactly how he's "acquainted" with Ivi is something we would normally expect to come out via the media in the later days.

In the Hernandez case, the media had a few days to get to know who's who in the family prior to EG's arrest for child endangerment. But in this one there's less than 24 hours after the story broke and the media are still repeating the LE phrase of "acquaintance". They might not have been 100% sure that CS was the boyfriend as opposed to a brother or cousin of the boyfriend.

I've found it impossible to find any sign that CS does have anything to do with Ivi or her mother, it's not as obvious as it is with Lucas' family.

I'm not reading anything more than that into it.

I think he told them where she was. According to one of the articles, they interviewed him late into the night, then went and found her pretty quickly after that talk.

That's what I mean- obviously some cop managed to get a confession out of him quickly. He/she had some tactic that got him talking.

The distant language is due to it being an official LE release of an arrest. It's no more and no less than that imho.

The tighter description of exactly how he's "acquainted" with Ivi is something we would normally expect to come out via the media in the later days.

In the Hernandez case, the media had a few days to get to know who's who in the family prior to EG's arrest for child endangerment. But in this one there's less than 24 hours after the story broke and the media are still repeating the LE phrase of "acquaintance". They might not have been 100% sure that CS was the boyfriend as opposed to a brother or cousin of the boyfriend.

I've found it impossible to find any sign that CS does have anything to do with Ivi or her mother, it's not as obvious as it is with Lucas' family.

I'm not reading anything more than that into it.

So are you thinking he's an brother to the boyfriend of Ivy's mother? I admit, there isn't any clarification as to who he is to Ivy, just that his mother considers Ivy to be her granddaughter.

That's what I mean- obviously some cop managed to get a confession out of him quickly. He/she had some tactic that got him talking.

Some criminals talk some don’t. I do think Wichita LE are trying desperately to get Emily to talk. Maybe someday soon she will. But if she thinks she has gotten away with it she’ll stay sealed. This boyfriend didn’t call and report missing and make up a story. He just let it all come out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back