Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas is in pre-K at a local elementary school.

Can you tell us any more about little Lucas? Favorite things to do, prone to sneaking off at the grocery store (like mine - who now has 2 PA system pages under her belt)? If Dad travels is it known if he misses Dad and may have ventured off to find him?

He has the sweetest smile in all of the pictures - I hope you get good news very soon.

Why did they move to that area if dad works elsewhere? I’ve read they recently moved to Kansas. But I’ve also heard dad was out of town working. Just curious on the move. Maybe step mom is from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did they move to that area if dad works elsewhere? I’ve read they recently moved to Kansas. But I’ve also heard dad was out of town working. Just curious on the move. Maybe step mom is from there?

He may have a job that takes him to different places and Kansas was more central.

MOO

We just got back. We just kind of went out on our own. There is a creek by there we wanted to check out and so we cleared (for ourselves) the creek from Kellogg to Mt. Vernon and then looked a little at the one by Lincoln and Oliver. There was a guy walking the last one, so we left him to it.

We did see LE knocking on doors along Lincoln just west of Edgemoor when we got there but by the time we left the area, we only saw them in the area where the family lives. Gilbert is blocked off from Edgemoor to Marcilene and it looked like there was an officer posted outside the front door of the home.

That is about it. I was hoping to come home and see it was all in vain. :(

I figured you might be out there looking. Thanks you so much for checking the water area. Also fo verifying the LE going door to door. I so wish Lucas had been found by now!

Thanks again for looking for Lucas!

I really hate these cases when the adult is napping and a child disappears.
No evidence of an abduction, that's why no amber alert.

Police said they received a call at about 6:15 p.m. to report Lucas Hernandez was lost in the 600 block of south Edgemoor. When officers arrived, Lucas’ 26-year-old step mom said he was last seen at about 3 p.m. Saturday in his bedroom prior to her showering and falling asleep.

Officers and canine units have searched both his home and neighborhood with no luck, Officer Charley Davidson said.

He said police have found no evidence that points toward an abduction, which is why an Amber Alert has not been activated.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200822364.html

The Wichita Police Department needs help to find missing 5-year-old boy

[....]

A teacher with Beech Elementary School in Wichita posted on Facebook that Lucas is one of her students.

[....]

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200822364.html

From your link
Lucas was born Dec. 12, 2012, has brown hair and brown eyes, is about 4-feet tall and weighs about 60 pounds. He was last seen wearing black sweats, white socks and a gray shirt with a bear on it.

It's so awesome Lucas is a 12/12/12 baby! And, we share a birthday. He's captured my heart and I need for him to be safe, wherever he is.

Just watched two local news stations--KAKE and KSN. No new information.

One thing did stand out me today and that is how many people are out walking to wherever they are going. Considering how nice it was yesterday, I assume even more people were out then.

From your link

It's so awesome Lucas is a 12/12/12 baby! And, we share a birthday. He's captured my heart and I need for him to be safe, wherever he is.

I noticed the 12/12/12 also. However, I'm not sure that's correct:

Wichita Police‏Verified account @WichitaPolice 22h22 hours ago
Missing Child. Name: Lucas Hernandez 12/3/12 W/H/M, brown hair and brown eyes, approx 4 feet tall and 60lbs. Last seen wearing black sweats, white socks, a grey shirt with a bear on it.

Not that it makes a dang bit of difference. I'm just twiddling my thumbs hoping for some news...GOOD news...and soon!

I noticed the 12/12/12 also. However, I'm not sure that's correct:

Wichita Police‏Verified account @WichitaPolice 22h22 hours ago
Missing Child. Name: Lucas Hernandez 12/3/12 W/H/M, brown hair and brown eyes, approx 4 feet tall and 60lbs. Last seen wearing black sweats, white socks, a grey shirt with a bear on it.

Not that it makes a dang bit of difference. I'm just twiddling my thumbs hoping for some news...GOOD news...and soon!

Nope, it doesn't matter - him being safe and sound is what matters most of course.

Did I read that they'd recently moved to that home? Maybe he tried to go visit his old neighborhood?
If I read that wrong, scratch that idea.

There appears to be water near Gilbert if I have mapped it correctly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There is a creek west of Gilbert that I believe has been covered. We scoured part of it along with another man who was walking it. Also, there were 4 children walking along it so I was extra thankful how shallow it was.

It’s now been 24 hours since Lucas was reported missing. It’s been much too long...

@perfectingpink,
Do you know the neighborhood in terms of crime?
High crime area? Low income?
Family neighborhood etc?

It’s now been 24 hours since Lucas was reported missing. It’s been much too long...

This is so worrying :(

My husband just went by Chisolm Lake and there are at least 15 officers out searching around the pond. WE DO NOT KNOW WHY but I really hope it is not related to Lucas. It is a ways from where he went missing and no way he would have walked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0