Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should hope that they would be able to tell a child's body from an animal. Or even an adult, unless it was scattered bones.

It is strange that the media just didn't correct their articles- if it was an animal, I would think they would clarify that instead of pulling the articles off and not stating why.

This is what I was thinking. I can't tell you how many local news outlets have started articles about a bomb threat or something, and then come back with "the package was just a backpack" or something like that. Like, clarifying, instead of deleting the whole thing. It's really strange, and I am wondering if they weren't told by LE to take it down.

To anyone going out searching,
Please remember to look down in any storm drains you see on the sides of roads near the curb. Please bring a good strong flashlight because you wont be able to see down them without one.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/storm-drain-warning-60855322?src=n_2IDn3qFkVpwI9PqMbmFw-1-4

I keep thinking about her scraped knuckles and if she placed her hands underneath the boy's body and tried to shove him down one of these types of drains then she could have scraped her knuckles like that.

These drains are not always obvious to think about and are usually located on sides of street near the curb. Some of them dont have a metal grate like the photo and they may just have the small hole near the curb.

If no metal grate then one way to look down into them is to also bring a mirror and then shine the flashlight into the mirror which you can hold to the back of the hole and angle the mirror to where you can see down the hole.

Thanks so much to all the searchers that have helped try to find him.

I know what you mean as same thought just crossed my mind as I sit here listening to my 4 year old Grandson throw a crying fit ( his 6 year old brother turned 6 Feb 22, took bite of his Orange and broke it.) This 4 year old is very loud in his screaming and I am just talking calmly to him on how we had agreed we was sharing this orange before it was pealed so our crying should stop and Gabe is going to school now any how so rest of it is for him .
I will never understand how anyone can hurt any child and Lucas has been gone 3 weeks tomorrow. I hope he is found in the next few days. Next few minutes would be better.

This is what I was thinking. I can't tell you how many local news outlets have started articles about a bomb threat or something, and then come back with "the package was just a backpack" or something like that. Like, clarifying, instead of deleting the whole thing. It's really strange, and I am wondering if they weren't told by LE to take it down.

Wasn’t there one just this week at the YMCA in Newton, yes they evacuated then updated nothing was found
Newton YMCA evacuated due to bomb threathttp://www.kake.com/story/37684091/newton-ymca-evacuated-due-to-bomb-threat
Not even counting the active shooter call at Maize South yesterday updated several times
False shooter report sends officers to Maize South High Schoolhttp://www.kake.com/story/37679750/false-shooter-report-sends-officers-to-maize-south-high-school

And that’s just yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My concern is that the trash bins have already been dumped. Depending on schedule could it have been before the landfill was alerted to keep an eye?

i believe Lucas was missing long before reported.

As far as a landfill, all containers are disposed of in a grid. If LE were looking for a particular item they would have a fair idea where to start. I thing the problem with may be is that they have no origin from which to look. Yes they may run cadaver dogs out there but it’s more time intensive than one may realize.

This search may produce something. I pray for it every day, but it very well be that that he will be found in several months from now inadvertently by someone not looking. LE, IMO is trying their best to encourage anyone to come forward who knows. It is very probable EG May have had help. If that’s the case, I know people exist who seemingly have no conscience and are capable of heinous violence, but it takes one slip of the lip and the investigation goes in an entirely new direction.

Dont get discouraged, Lucas will be located. ,

I remember reading your description of this place and thinking it was a brilliant spot to mention, especially in a seedy neighborhood. Big uh oh moment

Didn't a weird headline false news story happen like this in her case too? Can't remember if she was, in fact, reported as found shortly after or if it was a total false alarm there, too. Or another case altogether.

Are you thinking of when she was reported as spotted at Walmart, but it then turned out to be a different child? That was so sad [emoji20]

Do you think maybe it COULD be Lucas and the police are having all the references to "a body found" removed until they lockdown via camera or eyewitness that he was left there by EG?

I guess that it's pretty clear everyone believes Lucas won't be found alive.
I'm not surprised that LE and Tim Miller believe that.
It's just so sad that family also believes it, without confirmation.
No family should ever have to hope the body of a 5 year old boy turns up.
Just so wrong.

LE and Tim might have told the family what they believe

I know what you mean as same thought just crossed my mind as I sit here listening to my 4 year old Grandson throw a crying fit ( his 6 year old brother turned 6 Feb 22, took bite of his Orange and broke it.) This 4 year old is very loud in his screaming and I am just talking calmly to him on how we had agreed we was sharing this orange before it was pealed so our crying should stop and Gabe is going to school now any how so rest of it is for him .
I will never understand how anyone can hurt any child and Lucas has been gone 3 weeks tomorrow. I hope he is found in the next few days. Next few minutes would be better.

Whew, lordy... my 4 year old can throw a FIT boy... (not sure where he gets that from... :heartbeat:)

Anyway... I always look at him and tell him "You better stop laughing..." when he's crying (my grandpa used to do it to me...) and he'll start laughing instead, and then the crying is over and we can talk about why he was crying in the first place.

Gah. I wish Lucas had a good life. I wish he had people surrounding him that truly loved him and wanted to protect him. It's unfortunate that people either didn't care enough, COULDN'T do anything, or weren't taken seriously when they tried to help. All of this could have been prevented.

Anyway - what is the weather like in Wichita today? How often does it really rain there? News reports and past weather statements showing conflicting results.

Are you thinking of when she was reported as spotted at Walmart, but it then turned out to be a different child? That was so sad [emoji20]

No, I looked back in the threads a little to see if I could find people linking to headlines with no articles, but had no luck.

I came into her case after that sighting was already debunked. But I think that sighting gave LE the info they needed in Mariah's case. I don't think a liar could fake all the emotions of a possible sighting of your missing living child when the liar knows the missing child is dead.

LE can totally fabricate evidence in interrogation, right? I'm shocked by that, but it seems true in some circumstances (we have you on tape! When they don't really? Your test here shows deception! When it doesn't really?). Makes me kind of wish they could fabricate a possible sighting to present EG with. But that would be indescribably cruel on the off chance she is innocent in this.

Whew, lordy... my 4 year old can throw a FIT boy... (not sure where he gets that from... [emoji813]beat:)

Anyway... I always look at him and tell him "You better stop laughing..." when he's crying (my grandpa used to do it to me...) and he'll start laughing instead, and then the crying is over and we can talk about why he was crying in the first place.

Gah. I wish Lucas had a good life. I wish he had people surrounding him that truly loved him and wanted to protect him. It's unfortunate that people either didn't care enough, COULDN'T do anything, or weren't taken seriously when they tried to help. All of this could have been prevented.

Anyway - what is the weather like in Wichita today? How often does it really rain there? News reports and past weather statements showing conflicting results.
There's a slight chance for tomorrow but nobody's holding their breath. We're in a pretty significant drought.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Juggling all of our real life commitments and concentrating on cases like this can just wear us out. Peace and calm to everyone and thoughts and prayers to Lucas' family.:beats:.
Try to take time to take care of yourself.
jmo

Whew, lordy... my 4 year old can throw a FIT boy... (not sure where he gets that from... :heartbeat:)

Currently 42F supposed to be a high of 73F today. We have had a very dry winter almost no rain or snow. Probably had the most precipitation we’ve had all winter was the week after he was reported missing [emoji17] spring is often very rainy, with a mostly dry summer and a damp fall and a dry first half of winter and decent snowfall Jan-Mar. usually. We’ve been in drought conditions this winter tho

I have tried to keep up but had to skip a few pages....

Is it possible she could have put him into a storm drain or manhole by her house? I was thinking the scraped up knuckles. I mean, I would think unlikely for the fact someone could see her but....weirder things have happened. If she had to drag a manhole cover off, I could see her hands getting scraped. It's close to home, she could leave baby inside while she took little Lucas. Just a thought. I would assume something would start to smell unless there is water flow that would wash a body to wherever storm drains lead to?

Feeling much better this morning, thank you!!

I thought about something else, too.

We're all brainstorming ideas of where she could have put him, etc. But... what if she learned a "lesson" from CA if she followed along with that case? What if he is hidden somewhere, but she made it look like an accident, or like he hurt himself somehow when he wandered off. Where does that take your brain if you think about it?

Drowned in a bath tub the moved to another body of water?

Starved then left in an abandoned area?

Thinking of these makes me sick those are the only two I will offer [emoji17]

It was early morning hours of the 6th.. when told us the family had been through a rough 24 hours? That every family reaches their limit or breaking point? Not just Tim's team, but the MO search folks also came out for a day or two, then packed up more quietly than Tim's team was able. Then, we got some good insider info to consider narrowing the time line. FLA reminded us yesterday that it is not black & white and they don't know who to trust. Then PB rightly got fed up and said further info will have to wait for proof.

eta...The very informative post from the 6th is also where a plea to landowners to check property initiated.

Seems to me something important happened over the weekend (eta or Monday the 5th upon further review) and we just need to be patient while LE ties up loose ends. I hope so anyway.

At the very least we should get some drips and drabs of info from EGs court appearance in a few days. At least, I hope.

eta...verified PBs posts. Felt kinda bad being able to scroll through them all so easily even though I know it works that way.

...also interesting is that as of 3/4 EG was not a POI per VI despite media reporting otherwise. I wonder without expecting an answer, whether that has changed at any point.

Is it true that there was no scent for the dogs to find at the house?
Why would that be?

Why would that be?

I never saw it said the dogs got no scent, just that LE had used dogs to try to find a trail from the house with no luck. That doesn’t mean there was no scent in the house. Given that he was seen at the house, as late as 2/16, his scent almost definitely would have been in the house at the least.

Why would that be?
This is what VI had to say about the dogs and scent:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?174197-
user-offline.png
Registered Use

POST #689 on thread 9

We think that a poorly worded article that was released in one of the first article led to everyone stating that no scent was picked up.

Has anyone seen a reference of LE ever explicitly stating this?

I never saw it said the dogs got no scent, just that LE had used dogs to try to find a trail from the house with no luck. That doesn’t mean there was no scent in the house. Given that he was seen at the house, as late as 2/16, his scent almost definitely would have been in the house at the least.

Ty Scarlett. Sorry I’m new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads