Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I just joined WS this past weekend and been following this case on WS and news outlets. Y'all are amazing at what you do/doing to help find LH! Hope and praying he is found soon.

:wagon::welcome::welcome6:

I would definitely call LE and discuss this situation with them. Maybe they could award the number to the family for the tips the fliers might bring in. On top of that Dateline aired Lucas missing just this morning which should be pulling in more tips too!
This actually makes me wonder if they are really close to an arrest on this case and no longer need tips.

I was wondering the same. It seems strange, especially with TEQ coming to help, that they would shut this number down now, of all times. Tim did say that they are searching in areas due to new information that came in from detectives. Perhaps the towel has given them a definite location to look and they know now they are not far from finding Lucas now?

Just speculation and MOO.

I was thinking the same thing. And add in the fact that they have shut down the tip line. Makes me wonder if maybe they've gleaned some crucial information?

Just waiting for a PC to be announced!

Dateline just got back to me and they are going to figure out a way to work Lucas in somehow! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocking the house!!!!!!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I'm really praying hard that between the TES secrecy and tip line line going down it all means they have someone in pincer claws.

I especially like your description of "pincer claws"!

Weather forecast in Wichita, KS, today is:

Sunny
High: 54
Low: 30
Wind: NNW at 11 mph
Humidity: 30%

I didn’t but maybe PB or FLA can ask them. I can get them in contact with Dateline. I originally just asked if they’d share the flyer on SM. I don’t have any contacts in WPD.

You are good I’m sure . Media will take whatever info they get , dig for some more, see what comes up. They don’t need LE permission to do a story- that is a big deal ! More National attention- shaking that tree!!!!!

Oh no...just no

Well just 1 could be the ticket. I think they have what they need. People can still call TES tip line!!!
PB- breathe-That tip line is just a number into a desk where an officer sits- MOO they shut the tip line down when they don’t need it anymore-could be a good thing. Trust me, they could direct that number to any substation where someone sits all day long.[emoji120][emoji8]

I understood what you meant. It just scared me that we might not be able to sleuth EG anymore. But I'm positive I saw where she had been named a POI so it should be ok. I think there will be more charges tomorrow anyway and some of them will have to do with Lucas. I mean, if one just thinks about it, if EG put her 1 year old in danger in the home, and if Lucas was still alive at that time, between 2 and 4 on the 16th, then obviously Lucas would have been put in harms way too. I think they didn't proceed with the charges re Lucas because they weren't sure if Lucas was alive during the endangerment time listed.

This article from the 4th calls her a POI and it was questioned by several folks that LE didn't seem to be stating this at this time. PB had not seen it either and by about midnight told us she had not been named a POI (thread 8, see previous edited post).

Is there anything more recent that has you positive of her POI status?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37643948...rd-week-prominent-search-group-assists-family

Just a thought of caution about reading too much into the tipline thing. My assumption is that it's still an active WPD operations # - it's just not dedicated solely to Lucas' case anymore. It doesn't mean that they don't still welcome tips; just that they're not getting enough tips at this time to justify the dedicated line.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm bringing ESO's post from the last thread over (with permission) because I feel it's important information. It's a summary of elements that cases often have in common. I modified it a bit but only in the formatting, not the actual text. I numbered the points to make it easier to reference. For example, in the cases I've followed I've frequently seen 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11 (a big one IMO) , 12, 14 and 15 (two more big ones).

ESO's Post begin:
=====
Another weekend has passed and it’s heartbreaking that Lucas still isn’t home. Since it’s tax season and I can’t help search as much as I’d like to, I’ve been researching child deaths where they are reported missing by the same person who killed them because I’m hoping to learn something from the research. I’ve come across hundreds of cases, and I will continue to update my spreadsheet for anyone whose curious to see what I’m finding (I know there are some high profile cases missing on there but since those are pretty well known, I’m not in a huge hurry to put them on here). I am finding some interesting patterns:

1. Missing child reports are often preceded by family members asking a child’s whereabouts or an upcoming event where a child will be expected at.

2. In the other cases, kids are reported missing after everything has been cleaned up and time to rest has gone by.

3. its common for remains to be moved more than once before reported missing

4. Kids who are fatally abused are often “sick” for a length of time due to internal injuries going untreated, not days but weeks are reported to have passed

5. If two people are involved it’s usually mom and dad, mom and stepfather, dad and stepmother, etc. who help in the cover up

6. Ive only seen one or two cases where someone not involved with the abuse or as a romantic partner are involved in the body disposal.

7. Bodies are often wrapped in plastic and/or trash bags. Then some are placed in plastic tubs or drums, duffel bags, suitcases, coolers or more trash bags.

8. Few bodies are found during random searches, most are found because police are led by the person who buried them. People walking their dogs find a bunch too.

9. bodies placed in water, even weighted down, do come back up eventually

10. It is common for there to be potty issues with these kids of all ages, a lot of final fatal beatings are due to accidents

11. I have yet to come across one of these kids who dies after being physically disciplined harshly the first time. It’s an escalating pattern of abuse going on where people around the child really had no idea just how bad the abuse has gotten.

12. Common dump sites are dumpsters, roadside off rural highways, ponds and shallow graves in woods. Very few are hundreds of miles away, some have even been taken on public transportation to be dumped off side roads.

13. What makes EG a little different is that JH has long stretches of not being home. In the cases where a stepparent fatally beats a child, the biological parent once they are home, will call for medical attention for their child. It is more common for biological moms to cover a death by a stepfather than it is for a father to cover it up for a stepmother.

14. All the homes where a child dies violently have history of domestic violence and substance abuse, the family’s have often been in some sort of contact with state child abuse agencies.

15. Its amazing how many kids “disappear” while the adults are “sleeping” and wake to find a child gone.
=====
Original post in its original format:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Feb-2018-10-*Arrest*&p=13986193#post13986193

Thanks for your excellent summary ESO!

Damn, I'm on edge today, for some reason. I've tried to stay away from this thread but I keep coming back and reading. I saw the bloody towel talk last night elsewhere, but seeing that it wasn't on an MSM site, I didn't say nothing here. Now that Gardener has provided a news link about it this morning, it's really bothering me. :( I don't know whether I want it to be related to Lucas or not. If he's deceased, then of course, I want him found and if it leads them to him, fine, but the blood part is bothering me. Argh!

Damn, I'm on edge today, for some reason. I've tried to stay away from this thread but I keep coming back and reading. I saw the bloody towel talk last night elsewhere, but seeing that it wasn't on an MSM site, I didn't say nothing here. Now that Gardener has provided a news link about it this morning, it's really bothering me. :( I don't know whether I want it to be related to Lucas or not. If he's deceased, then of course, I want him found and if it leads them to him, fine, but the blood part is bothering me. Argh!
I must be blind! I looked back and read what was linked and I can't find anything about a towel.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Volunteer searchers were out on Sunday following up on tips and using dogs.

<snip>

Laforce is just one of the searchers on foot Sunday but she says the most important searcher is on four feet.
"Since it's so cold out here, all of our noses are running, that cadaver dog is gonna have a much better scent than we are right now."
The dog, Laforce says, is helping them search for clues or signs of Lucas. In the meantime, she's also helping set up a reward fund for information leading to the 5-year-old.

"God forbid if Lucas isn't found safe, this reward that we're putting the money in towards can go to a memorial or we can set up a scholarship in his name. Anything we can do. But we are not there yet. We still have hope."

Searchers say within the past week, they've found a towel that appeared to have blood on it and turned it over to police. No word from police on if that towel is connected to Lucas's case.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Texas-group-returns-to-search-for--476468403.html

BBM. I hadn't seen that mentioned before. Probably unrelated? :thinking:
Ah! Found it!
Within the past week???
Then they have had time to test it!!
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Outhouses could definitely be a place to look. The smell would conceal any decomposition and really, who would spend much time looking there much less get in one to look?
We don&#8217;t really have them here in CA, are they common there in desolate areas?

Actually... Not to be argumentative...
But BLM campgrounds in California generally have vault toidies (though some have been upgrading to flush toilets)

State and National Parks in California generally have flush toidies...

I know this because we camp a lot...
and one of my "requirements", in my mature age, is that campgrounds have flush toidies...

:seeya:

Working on some things at home, but hoping I can do some legwork today- Will let you know what I come up with. Thanks for all the tireless effort you have put into these locations- you are really good at scouting these out.

Look forward to hearing about your efforts. :)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Where was the towel located?

Just a thought of caution about reading too much into the tipline thing. My assumption is that it's still an active WPD operations # - it's just not dedicated solely to Lucas' case anymore. It doesn't mean that they don't still welcome tips; just that they're not getting enough tips at this time to justify the dedicated line.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I agree. I think this is the case too.

If you have tips, you can now call investigators at 316-268-4407 or Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111.

The old number for tips will not be monitored.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/tip-line-changes-in-search-for-lucas-hernandez/1033768458

(Disregard if previously posted.)

I hope they actually forwarded the number. It would be absurd to expect the tip line number to change after hundreds of thousands of people have flyers with that one on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member