Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my plan for the weekend - to come up with a way to get the word out to more land owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will go door to door with flyers if that helps-I know this area well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently a kidnapping for ransom (several charges) and a murder occurred that day, or rather, a woman was arrested that day for multiple charges, to include those. Feb 21st was a crazy day for Wichita Police/Sedgwick County Jail

I'm guessing those charges and that person is unrelated though
I looked at those yesterday or the day before then Googled it. Based on the date of the incident, yes, completely unrelated.

Just thinking out loud...

I wonder if perhaps specific property/land came to mind to LE based on a hunch, But without enough actual evidence to obtain a warrant....

I truly don't think anyone in LE has actually given up on finding Lucas. I'm certain they want to find him. It's easy to direct our anger towards them, but the reality is that LE didn't disappear Lucas. We should save our anger for the person responsible for his disappearance. And then channel that anger into keeping Lucas' disappearance fresh in people's minds and urging LE to keep looking and asking landowners to walk their land and search.

I will go door to door with flyers if that helps-I know this area well

Oh please don't go alone or even close to alone! One of my biggest fears is someone pulling me inside their own house of horrors. I read too much Websleuths.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I looked at those yesterday or the day before then Googled it. Based on the date of the incident, yes, completely unrelated.

Yes I of course googled it (Baby Sofia/Sophia?) Just after writing my post here. Lesson learned, Google search first then post lol
I was overzealous. :)

They just got back here. What happened? My heart just sank.

When they left the first time, to search for the missing women in Michigan, it got postponed until March 17 due to snow. I imagine they had to leave again to keep that commitment.

I wonder if perhaps specific property/land came to mind to LE based on a hunch, But without enough actual evidence to obtain a warrant....

Possibly. But it's just as likely that Lucas is hidden on some random farm somewhere, like Morgan Harrington and Carrie Olsen were. In that case, we need the landowners to help by searching every inch of their properties.

They had a previous obligation that was postponed because of a snow storm.

Is there any chance they are staying in Kansas but trying not to publicize it? Because the search for the missing Flint women that was supposed to take place on the 17th apparently has been pushed back AGAIN to the 24th: https://bringourmissinghome.org/vibert-woolard-search-1

Relevant threads for anyone not familiar with the cases:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...sing-Women-From-Flint-Genesee-County-Michigan
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?324778-MI-Teresa-Woolard-48-Burton-5-Dec-2016
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Brianna-Vibert-24-Genesee-County-15-July-2017

I almost think we are giving this girl too much credit. I think he was an annoyance to her. I will bet she was mostly lazy. I think she would not expend much energy getting rid of him. She would have thrown him in a dumpster or pulled off the side of the road and tossed him in the woods or water. I don't see her burying him or going too far. That's just my opinion.

Oh please don't go alone or even close to alone! One of my biggest fears is someone pulling me inside their own house of horrors. I read too much Websleuths.

Actually the land owners around here are very nice. At least out East where I am thinking. I know a few...

<modsnip>

I have no doubt TX Equusearch will return if there's even the slightest chance they can help.

I will be shocked if EG confesses, but I've been shocked before in some cases so I guess anything's possible.

I almost think we are giving this girl too much credit. I think he was an annoyance to her. I will bet she was mostly lazy. I think she would not expend much energy getting rid of him. She would have thrown him in a dumpster or pulled off the side of the road and tossed him in the woods or water. I don't see her burying him or going too far. That's just my opinion.

I have thought about burn barrels as well. Not to say she burned Lucas (God forbid)- those would be on private prop.

I think we need to take a deep breath and refocus. Don't be angry with WPD or TEQ. They are good people like the rest of us, who want to find this baby. They are probably feeling just as sad and frustrated as us, but they aren't allowed a self imposed time put because this is what their life is...finding the missing, and dealing with the worst of the worst. We need to be supportive of these people to help them remember the good that people have, and help them feel appreciated for doing a very, very hard job. I don't think for a moment that anyone from WPD or TEQ is trying to prohibit Lucas being found.

I may sound like I'm being rude, and I don't mean that, but these are people just like us, who are unfortunately just as sad about what has happened here as we are. Let's not misplace our anger, and instead give WPD (or even your local police) some support and encouragement for doing a very trying job every single day.

Now where is this sweet little man?!

I might be incorrect, but I don't believe that was necessarily a tip but more being curious about the conspiracy part of her charge. Since conspiracy requires at least one other person be involved.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

The conspiracy part of her charge? When was she charged with any type of conspiracy?

The conspiracy part of her charge? When was she charged with any type of conspiracy?

She wasn’t it just showed up weird on some devices (the charge sheet)
It’s an option that can be marked

Well, I cant believe they have nothing for the team. Why on Gods green earth would ANYONE turn down help of this magnitude. WPD is not paying them- BUT WE HAVE VALID MAPS!!! Well, I for 1 wont stop the search. I have been to some scary areas, disgustingly dirty areas, chased by dogs, stepped on a dead rat, viewed countless gassed up dead armadillos, got stuck in a creek, lost a shoe, found countless pairs of underwear, socks, condoms, but I’m not stopping. We have viable maps that have areas that need to be looked at-LET’S !@#%&^$ DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are another amazing local that has captured my heart. Your hard work and daily dedication has not gone unnoticed. Thanks so much for trying to find Lucas.

It can be risky searching- my foot went through a patch of ice during the winter, and my sneaker got soaked during an official search- we were on mile number one of five miles with snow and ice, when i did that and got several cuts on my leg that were bleeding. I ended up with more scratches that bled trekking through the woods and creeks and river areas, that I should have taken stock out on neosporin. Twisted an ankle another time. Found some unsavory items like you did while searching for the missing person or evidence that they were in that location. Exhausting and frustrating, I know, and if you need to, take a break for a day or two and recover a bit. You're only human and a day's break can actually be refreshing and clear your mind a bit.

Hypothetically, if someone from the outside saw a child in a house, but didn’t see an adult, they wouldn’t necessarily assume the child was alone. They might just assume the adult didn’t want to talk to them or was avoiding them.

Especially if the outside person was a landlord or some other person who is accustomed to being avoided.

I'm still trying to get my head around all that's come out yesterday and today. But if something happened after EG got back from OG (or wherever she was), I would imagine that knowing what's happened is going to be a shock to someone. Surely it would take time to process it in your head, and then think what you're going to do about it?

I also feel if it was me that I'd not want to move a body outside the hours of around 1am to maybe 5am, because those would be the hours of least traffic and least chance of neighbors noticing me pulling out and pulling back in.

If I take the baby with me on the night time drive, if I get pulled over I can say the baby wouldn't sleep and I took her for a drive to settle her to sleep.

When I get to the spot where I'm going to dump, I don't think I want to be there long. I don't think I want to hang around to dig, and it's a dark moonless night so I can't really see to dig. If a cop comes along and I get caught carrying a shovel back to the car, that's going to be weird. If I get caught walking back to the car empty handed I can just say I pulled over for a call of nature in the bushes. If I back the car into an off-road spot, then I don't have to move the 'package' too far and I think I feel a bit more covered if only the front of the vehicle might be visible from the road and the vehicle itself might become part of my cover along with some trees or bushes that I park behind? Maybe I leave the lid of the trunk up and feel a bit more comfortable this way walking a few yards with a flashlight, or maybe one of those headband lights if I have one so that I can keep two hands free.

All very true. I might be a bit paranoid pulling off the road for fear of getting stuck. I'd stick to dirt roads and walk a bit. Yes, even in an SUV.

You are another amazing local that has captured my heart. Your hard work and daily dedication has not gone unnoticed. Thanks so much for trying to find Lucas.

It can be risky searching- my foot went through a patch of ice during the winter, and my sneaker got soaked during an official search- we were on mile number one of five miles with snow and ice, when i did that and got several cuts on my leg that were bleeding. I ended up with more scratches that bled trekking through the woods and creeks and river areas, that I should have taken stock out on neosporin. Twisted an ankle another time. Found some unsavory items like you did while searching for the missing person or evidence that they were in that location. Exhausting and frustrating, I know, and if you need to, take a break for a day or two and recover a bit. You're only human and a day's break can actually be refreshing and clear your mind a bit.

Thank you. I have a real issue with rodents. Fortunately, I think I might have overcome that aversion!!

Especially if the outside person was a landlord or some other person who is accustomed to being avoided.

All very true. I might be a bit paranoid pulling off the road for fear of getting stuck. I'd stick to dirt roads and walk a bit. Yes, even in an SUV.

I think it’s a strong possibility the daughter was with her when she put Lucas somewhere so focusing on a place where she can still see her car is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member