Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a kidnapping for ransom (several charges) and a murder occurred that day, or rather, a woman was arrested that day for multiple charges, to include those. Feb 21st was a crazy day for Wichita Police/Sedgwick County Jail

I'm guessing those charges and that person is unrelated though

I saw that. I don't think they are related.
Did you notice any order as far as the arrests go or is the order the names are in according to when the arrest occurs?

Apparently a kidnapping for ransom (several charges) and a murder occurred that day, or rather, a woman was arrested that day for multiple charges, to include those. Feb 21st was a crazy day for Wichita Police/Sedgwick County Jail

I'm guessing those charges and that person is unrelated though
Yes that story is actually published on Facebook and MSM.
It occurred in November of 2017.
She killed a woman and stole her baby. Not sure why the charges are posted for that day.

TEQ will not be conducting any more searches at this time. They are only a phone call away if a lead or tip comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh is all I have to say. I won’t stop searching. Just can’t.

Do you think that they will release where they searched to hopefully eliminate certain spots?

I saw that. I don't think they are related.
Did you notice any order as far as the arrests go or is the order the names are in according to when the arrest occurs?

I haven't noticed an order, so I've just been going through and based on charges I think may be related/applicable, then dig more and so far I have discounted most. But I should stress that *my* discounting them only means I can't make an obvious connection to Emily. Sometimes connections are less obvious.

I am just wondering where you read that. I don't seem to see that account. Just want to read about it. Since 2 of my kids seem to love the books. Tia

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I just searched for it and can’t find anything but comments on other blogs suggesting the same thing. IDK, maybe my mind is failing me. I would have bet good money that I saw Oprah call him out on her show. She had featured his book for her book club then found out he had misrepresented himself and was FURIOUS.

I don't think he confessed to fabricating that. The author I remember fabricating his story was the author of a million little pieces, if I recall correctly.

Ahhhh you are correct. My apologies!

I just searched for it and can’t find anything but comments on other blogs suggesting the same thing. IDK, maybe my mind is failing me. I would have bet good money that I saw Oprah call him out on her show. She had featured his book for her book club then found out he had misrepresented himself and was FURIOUS.

Yes, that’s James Frey, author of “A Million Little Pieces.”

Do you think that they will release where they searched to hopefully eliminate certain spots?

Am I the only one that is angry that they're leaving?

I don't get it! They just returned! They said they wouldn't leave until he was found, left for another case, came back, and now they're leaving again? I thought I read that they extended their search to 100 miles- how could they have covered all of that between yesterday and today, and now they're leaving?

Argh....I guess I shouldn't be angry, but I just had high expectations of Lucas being found or some important evidence.

LE needs to take a new direction. The parks angle ain't working. Time to start from the beginning..........

Yes that story is actually published on Facebook and MSM.
It occurred in November of 2017.
She killed a woman and stole her baby. Not sure why the charges are posted for that day.

She had been out of state, she’s was being booked in to the Sedgwick County Jail.

I don't get it! They just returned! They said they wouldn't leave until he was found, left for another case, came back, and now they're leaving again? I thought I read that they extended their search to 100 miles- how could they have covered all of that between yesterday and today, and now they're leaving?

Argh....I guess I shouldn't be angry, but I just had high expectations of Lucas being found or some important evidence.

LE needs to take a new direction. The parks angle ain't working. Time to start from the beginning..........

I’m there with you. With very little information given I feel like all of us here are searching and racking our brains the most. Angry, sad, deflated, concerned - every emotion. An explanation would be nice.

^ this

I'll just bet one of you wonderful locals will find him before anyone else does. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. :hug:

No, because sometimes searching an area more than once is always a good idea.

No, because sometimes searching an area more than once is always a good idea.

Very true!

TEQ will not be conducting any more searches at this time. They are only a phone call away if a lead or tip comes in.

They just got back here. What happened? My heart just sank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll just bet one of you wonderful locals will find him before anyone else does. I can't imagine how you're feeling right now. :hug:

Sending a :hug: right back! I’m not going to lie - I issued about 52 TO’s to myself personally today. Lots of tears later and I’m back at it. I don’t quit easily nor do I give up. I’ll do whatever I can. Lucas deserves that.

My dad’s best friend was in a plane crash during the 70’s with his dad in the mountains. My dad searched for 9 years. It must run in the fam. He did end up finding him.

I’m not angry with TX Equusearch. They can only work with what local LE provides them. I have been a bit disappointed with WPD lately. First, they closed their main tip line and now it seems they have nothing else for Tim and his team to do. But Wichita is a good sized city with other crimes and limited resources. Unfortunately, this is typical after a month or so in most cases. The searches have actually gone on longer in this case than many others.

I’m not angry with TX Equusearch. They can only work with what local LE provides them. I have been a bit disappointed with WPD lately. First, they closed their main tip line and now it seems they have nothing else for Tim and his team to do. But Wichita is good sized city with other crimes and limited resources. Unfortunately, this is typical after a month or so in most cases. The searches have actually gone on longer in this case than many others.

Completely agree. I think it was an uphill battle constantly with little help from WPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member