Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good to know that CPS has that time line. I just wonder how fast police did an interview with JH, the incident was before Lucas went missing so not high profile at that time. Also they may have had trouble initially locating him to talk to him. The incident was reported the 5th and they moved a few days after that and then he left for work shortly after the move.

Was just pondering if LE showing up at her door somewhere between the 11-15th looking to talk to JH about the incident would of been trigger for her.

Depending on when those reports were filed, I could see a CPS visit as a real button pusher for EG. But the date of the court filing was signed by EG’s Ex on 2/28, after LH’s disappearance because he cited that in his petition. I’m going to see if I can find the actual date of the police report if it’s available. It could be dated one date but actually filed and signed on another. I will say if we knocked on a door and saw a kid peering out with no answer of the door, we would definitely not leave until we found out if that child was alone or why no adult answered. You never know if the adult is dead or injured and can’t come to the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EG gets high while the children are under her care, abuses Lucas and worse, leaves sick Lucas alone while she drives her 1 year old around town while under the influence. And we're just talking about a day.
Does anybody think she might have her parental rights terminated even if they don't find Lucas?
If I were the fathers of the other children I would do everything in my power to never leave my kids alone with her nor have any influence over them.

Depending on when those reports were filed, I could see a CPS visit as a real button pusher for EG. But the date of the court filing was signed by EG’s Ex on 2/28, after LH’s disappearance because he cited that in his petition. I’m going to see if I can find the actual date of the police report if it’s available. It could be dated one date but actually filed and signed on another. I will say if we knocked on a door and saw a kid peering out with no answer of the door, we would definitely not leave until we found out if that child was alone or why no adult answered. You never know if the adult is dead or injured and can’t come to the door.

Maybe the LL is who EG called and gave him some song and dance about someone else being there but told them not to answer or something to throw him off.

EG gets high while the children are under her care, abuses Lucas and worse, leaves sick Lucas alone while she drives her 1 year old around town while under the influence. And we're just talking about a day.
Does anybody think she might have her parental rights terminated even if they don't find Lucas?
If I were the fathers of the other children I would do everything in my power to never leave my kids alone with her nor have any influence over them.

I think the goal is always to keep families together, I doubt she would lose parental rights, but will have to go thru several steps in order to be reunited with her children I would think.

it's not illegal to mail things. anyone wanna get me some addresses for these places out in the boonies? I can mail them a flyer...
Hi leyash, I don't think you would have to have addresses. You should check with postal service about mass mailings. They charge you a fee and then deposit your flier in all of the mail boxes in a certain area.

WHO IS IT THAY SAW LUCAS ON. 2/16?? I have read nothing to that effect. The last verified was the neighbor on 2/11?

pls let me know.

Know that everyone here is very respected and deeply appreciated.
The landlord saw Lucas inside the house on 2/16, during the time EG was at Olive Garden with the baby. This was information provided by VI, .

Just thinking out loud...

I also don't know how hard it is to prove physical abuse, a few pics with bruises might not be enough to prove she was the one abusing Lucas. If there are no drs reports of injuries, school reporting findings of bruises and injuries it might be really tough to prove. Yes leaving Lucas home alone and smoking pot is abuse but don't think it would be enough for her to lose parental rights. JMO

I think the goal is always to keep families together, I doubt she would lose parental rights, but will have to go thru several steps in order to be reunited with her children I would think.

Yes. The goal of any safety plan is family unity, by safety plan I mean the requirements mandated in order to regain custody or rights and/or keep custody or rights, to a child with an active CPS case. The process to terminate a parent’s rights is a lengthy one, it’s not a process done lightly. Unfortunately sometimes the rights of parents can overshadow what’s in a child’s best interest.

I also don't know how hard it is to prove physical abuse, a few pics with bruises might not be enough to prove she was the one abusing Lucas. If there are no drs reports of injuries, school reporting findings of bruises and injuries it might be really tough to prove. Yes leaving Lucas home alone and smoking pot is abuse but don't think it would be enough for her to lose parental rights. JMO

You are exactly right. A parent retaining their rights is different than a parent having custody too, sometimes there is confusion between the two.

Well, one dad is willing to take her back.
Why, I dunno!
*or so he says, he might no be so willing after all.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I could happen, only because she was already under some fairly strict guidelines in her parenting plan. It specifically addressed no future drug use, and she violated that.

Well, one dad is willing to take her back.
Why, I dunno!
*or so he says, he might no be so willing after all.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I question if he is/was really willing to have her back. I kind of thought keep your friends close and your enemies closer, maybe trying to get some info out of her.

I think I could happen, only because she was already under some fairly strict guidelines in her parenting plan. It specifically addressed no future drug use, and she violated that.

I think she might be put back on supervised visits with the two boys and a process of classes, drug test etc, but I don't think it will be enough to take away her parental rights. It seems like many many chances are given in these situations just from reading about other cases and stories in the news.

She certainly seems like she thinks nobody will bust her, nobody will know, she'll do whatever she wants, etc. She just doesn't seem to me that she "gets" what the best interest of the children means nor does she take it seriously. Indifference is what comes to mind.

I question if he is/was really willing to have her back. I kind of thought keep your friends close and your enemies closer, maybe trying to get some info out of her.

I have mixed feelings about that, he is able to communicate with her while she is in jail no telling what their conversations are like. I feel like smoking pot and leaving LH alone might of been done in the past as well. I don't know if he feels like she had anything to do with LH missing or not. His mind also has to be going 90 miles an hour, he has his own investigation with regards to striking one of the boys, he doesn't have his baby girl, he has to get back to work at some point, his son is missing. He might be wondering if EG doesn't come back will he get his baby girl back, he can't work the job he is working and take care of her.

It’s supposed to start raining here shortly and continue overnight into the morning. I hope that the rain somehow aids and not complicates search efforts.

Several bodies have been found after a good storm....

That's true. LE has told the public about several of the locations they have searched, including the many parks. But LE may have reasons for releasing certain location information, but not other location information. I don't know. Some areas are much more remote so maybe they think it's more likely that someone would go to those places rather than to a public park in the middle of town. I'm sure they have a reason of some kind.

I believe the majority locations LE released they were searching all occurred before Tim Miller arrived.
I'm guessing that factored into it as well, along with some places just being visible while being searched.

Okay, some of you were asking about EG’s ex and the process he used to report the incident between JH and her kids. If you read the transcription I did from the pages I could see from the newscast, the final incident the ex used as a reason to suspend those visits is because of the report that Lucas was missing. The reason that’s important for the custody case, asking to keep EG from having contact with their children is that it’s something directly attributed to her-either as being neglectful and allowing Lucas to disappear under her care, or that she’s not been cleared yet as being involved in his disappearance. As far as the police report is concerned, that is a separate issue and is reporting the incident for the police to investigate and possibly to file charges. Because EG claimed to have thrown out JH, the disappearance of LH gives credit to the ex’s case that the boys could possibly still be exposed to JH and that it’s possible EG lied about JH being thrown out of the house. Filing reports with CPS doesn’t require a police report however if you want to use anything criminal against the other parent, you have to have proof of the incident/issue/concern. You can’t just say the other parent let your child be hurt by their significant other without backing that up. Plus, since there is now a child in need of care case going on in EG’s home, it’s standard for anything physical, mental, emotional, etc that could be considered abuse outside of that case to be filed with the police as well as CPS. It’s not uncommon for parents to make reports days or weeks later once they have gotten more information or given that advice from an attorney (not that EG’s ex did, just a general statement). Does any of that make sense? Basically the ex’s police report and legal filings are a separate issue than Lucas’s disappearance, tho they both involve the same person.

Please ask questions if that’s not clear or doesn’t make sense.

If she really tosses JH out of house ever under law he has to take LH with him as EG does not have custody of LH right? I might be wrong . I am just thinking wildly here because of the early time but for real. What rights was EG given to LH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895